• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Communication We Need Messaging in the Mobile App Please

• Thread starter DeletedUser7653
  • Start date

DeletedUser7653

Apparently I do not have enough privileges to post a reply to this thread that is residing in the archive. So, I have had to resort to posting a new thread here.
aurrynthea-drake said:
There are literally hundreds of threads all asking the same thing: Why is messaging still not on the mobile app?

Of all the updates on the app, the one most appreciated was the chat feature, why? Because a fellowship requires communication, and messaging is just the next logical step. There is no point in giving mobile players the ability to participate in events if they have no way of organising and coordinating with the rest of the fellowship. They might as well not be part of it?

I implore you, beg you, plead with you, that messaging move higher up the priority chain. Pretty graphics are great, chat fills a small niche, but for a fellowship to truly blossom we NEED messaging.

The original thread was started by Aurrynthea Drake on August 10th 2018 and quickly received several replies, all agreeing with the original post, but, unfortunately no replies after August 25th 2018 and was archived.

I have been given the honour taking over from the Founder of our Fellowship, Rise High (On Arendyll world ; currently recruiting new players as members), and I am having great difficulty communicating with our members who using the mobile app and have little or no access to a PC or laptop.

Communication is the keystone of making a good Fellowship a great Fellowship. How can the Fellowship organise any response to events if a significant proportion of its members have no reliable communication system? The chat system is OK for... chat, but not a good way to try and organise a Fellowship. We need something less ephemeral and the messaging system gives us that.

Please, please, please, please, please, please let the mobile app players join in fully on what should be the backbone of this game and implement messaging on their client app.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7653

Thanks Lelanya. I was not aware that this topic had been acknowledged by the development staff and that they had, at least, given a broad estimate of when they could implement the improvements.

I had seen that even though the original post had had several replies supporting it it had been archived. So, I thought I would resurrect it, just to keep it on he minds of the development staff and make sure they realised it is still an issue.

For a game that tries to promote player co-operation this, surely, is a most important facility and to deny it to, what is probably, the majority of players makes no sense.

I am sufficiently new to the game that I am not aware of the significance of the other topics you mentioned. However, I support your request for them to be implemented wholeheartedly.

Lelanya

Mentor
Glynrandrel the Royal Restoration spell is one of those hotly anticipated items, long overdue. Many of us have hung onto event buildings like the Spheric Stub b/c 4 chapters later it is still useful, but soon now we will be able to use blueprints to upgrade them. I have been waiting saving and hoping, carrying the faith forward, for some 18 months now.

Really do think every city deserves access to mail on mobile, tho, too. You are right, we need to keep reminding the design team that we are waiting :)

DeletedUser3466

Let's try this again:

There are literally hundreds of threads all asking the same thing: Why is messaging still not on the mobile app?

Of all the updates on the app, the one most appreciated was the chat feature, why? Because a fellowship requires communication, and messaging is just the next logical step. There is no point in giving mobile players the ability to participate in events if they have no way of organising and coordinating with the rest of the fellowship. They might as well not be part of it?

I implore you, beg you, plead with you, that messaging move higher up the priority chain. Pretty graphics are great, chat fills a small niche, but for a fellowship to truly blossom we NEED messaging.

Moderator Edit: Very cute image but not permitted on Forum, sorry!

DeletedUser7653

Ok, its Fellowship Adventure time... again for some, but the first time for me. I am the Archmage of a fairly new Fellowship with fairly inexperienced Elvenar players as members. Most of my Fellows use a mobile device to play Elvenar and therefore do not have access to the in-game messaging system. This has meant that organising and executing our strategy for the FA has been the almost frustrating thing I have ever attempted. I have tried using Google Docs but not all our Fellows find this convenient, I have even tried an external forum, but some Fellows are reluctant to use this.

Having universal access to the in-game messaging system could have made our planning so much easier and, I am sure, we could have obtained a better result than we are capable of now.

Performance in Fellowship Adventures is not the only game feature that would benefit from universal messaging. The whole purpose of a Fellowship should be to promote team-play. Without access to the messaging system mobile users cannot fully participate in the discussions that are required for the Fellowship to act as a team. Therefore, the Fellowship effectively becomes a group if individuals NOT a team.

Adding the Messaging System to the facilities of the mobile use is a MUST. After all, one of the benefits of joining a Fellowship as promoted by the developers is 'Round Robin' messaging... NOT FOR MOBILE USERS IT ISN'T!!

It would be brilliant if all of the features to this brillbril game was available on the mobile app
As sadly due to my computer dying I am only able to use my phone or tablet

I have to say that out of all the games I play online this is the only one thth I can't access everything through the app

Ohhh no
Sorry about the spelling mistakes in the above message

I had forgotten that this app does not let me use predictive text :rolleyes:

DeletedUser3097

Come on guys, can't you give us a hint @Muf-Muf @Dizzy Lizzie?
With a mere 6 weeks remaining in the year you will surely know whether the promised 'parity' and new spell will actually occur.
Please could tell me where it is stated that a date has been set for 'parity' between the app and the browser version. I can't seem to locate the source.

DeletedUser3097

This announcement is talking about the Fellowship chat on the browser version, not the app. This was written when we were having issues with the browser chat and work was going on to fix it.

We have previously forwarded this feature for the app for consideration but have not received a definite answer at this time.

m4rt1n

Adept
This announcement is talking about the Fellowship chat on the browser version, not the app. This was written when we were having issues with the browser chat and work was going on to fix it.

We have previously forwarded this feature for the app for consideration but have not received a definite answer at this time.

I read it as talking about the introduction of the Royal Restoration Spell also, going by the title of the announcement and the fact that the introduction in late 2018 comes under the Royal Restoration section of the announcement,
and believe that is the biggest answer everyone is after. :)

That full implementation is currently scheduled to be finished latest in late 2018, which would then be the date on which we would see the Royal Restoration spell in Elvenar.

Sorry for wandering from the thread topic but I felt it important that there is an update from the announcement quoted in regards of the Royal Restoration Spell. :)

Last edited:

Lelanya

Mentor
No worries
I'll look around some too, now that FA is in the bag. You surely didn't think I'd do less, than helm my two FSs thru it.
But yes, we were promised parity by year's end. Maybe not by you guys... maybe 'parity' is an editorialization by someone. Certainly 'full functionality' was promised! Battle system is incomplete, mail is vital, necessary. I field comments from players on social media weekly! about these issues. But also, loading other players' cities is needed. And a couple of other things.
Not surprised to see backpedaling now, not at all. But I am disappointed.

Deleted User - 341074

loading other players' cities is needed.
At least accessing your Fellows wonders. I don't really need to see anyone's city on my phone. Mobile only users may feel differently.

I find it crazy that there is no way to contact mobile-only users. Fellowships are such an integral part of this game that not giving us the most basic tool for recruiting is insane. I don't care when or even if the developers promised mobile messaging. Not having it is an embarrassment.

P.S. I'd love to know how mobile-only players did during the FA....o_O

m4rt1n

Adept
But also, loading other players' cities is needed.

That would kill my iphone and use my monthy data allowance.:eek:

As @SoggyShorts says a system to access AW's etc is what is needed without getting very processor and data heavy for a mobile device. :)

On iOS it already gets very heavy during an adventure if I'm collecting a gold badge while collecting all my neighbours.

If the whole lot comes to iOS as it is the app would fail on all but the brand new iPhoneXR and then it would struggle.

The mobile version needs to be always a light version of the PC version, helping players like myself do what we could not 18 months ago and keep doing help and producing while on the move. :)

Last edited:

Deleted User - 341074

The mobile version needs to be always a light version of the PC version, helping players like myself do what we could not 18 months ago and keep doing help and producing while on the move. :)
This would be sorta OK if they billed it that way, but afaik it doesn't say "1/2 a game" in the app store.:(

As is I only have 2 uses for the app
1. visits
2. FA quest changing

BOTH of which should be on the browser by now. I mean come on.

m4rt1n

Adept
Something needs to happen as the Elvenar app now uses more space than all my other apps put together, so anyone like me who cannot afford to buy the latest iphone at every apple upgrade, needs to know that the features will come without destoying my phone.
I somehow feel that pressure from the forums will make the app so big it needs its own balloon of add on that Apple will no longer be suitable and only Android users with 5 memory cards.

Guys, compress the data, or employ some guys who can please as the diamond prices are astronomical currently for an app that doesn't give a gambling return. Inno you must be the only gaming company on the planet that can charge as much as £25 per square of building space, or over £400 for one 5x5 expansion if you have already sold your house, rented a place then not paid the rent.

Serouisly to buy all the available expansions in the game currently from scratch is going to cost over £2000, yes Two Thousand pounds. :(

Edit: With the extra expansions available now on Premium following the Amuni release, I have been informed that the last expansion to buy on premium now is a cost of over £1000 for one expansion.

Why ? maybe they sell 1 or 2, or I'm missing something.

(I sell 1 apple for £1000 or I sell 1000 apples for £2 each) Inno bosses don't want to earn Mark Zucherberg riches obviously. :rolleyes:

Last edited: