• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

We Need Messaging in the Mobile App Please

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Actually, they say we might even get it this year - "with a little luck". And they want to make it possible to donate to other player's wonders. I'm still not happy with Inno's prioritizing, but somewhat relieved. :)

FieryArien

Necromancer
Actually, they say we might even get it this year - "with a little luck". And they want to make it possible to donate to other player's wonders. I'm still not happy with Inno's prioritizing, but somewhat relieved. :)
They indeed say that, but I worked in IT*). When they say “with a little luck by the end of the year”, it’s rare to actually see it happen. And I’m not going to set the expectations unreasonably high. :p

*) Quality assurance department. We were the team at which users direct the famous “Do they even test the product?” question. ;)

Late EDIT: shortcut IT means “Information Technologies”, not InnoGames. I’m in no way describing how it actually works at Inno. I’m referring to common problem in IT firms with estimating duration of development and sticking to release dates. It’s pretty challenging.

Last edited:

CheesePlant

Seeker
Definitely needed, mobile is getting better but they must know our biggest want is messages, mobile users are at a disadvantage when they can't get fellowship messages.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Google translated that German text and i see no specific answer on the messaging. they dont even mention it?!
You have the news window, help chests and awkp donation only.

Question: Will there be further adjustments in the app this year? Especially asked for:
by the antique miracle "crystal lighthouse" one receives boxes with the Nachbarschaftshilfe. In the app you do not get these, which devalues the miracle. Is this feature coming?
When will it be possible to donate other people's Wonders knowledge points in ancient times?
when does a news window for the app come?
When will it be possible to send messages to other players via the app?

Answer: Currently the News notification window has the highest priority of these requests and should be implemented very soon. With luck, even the news function will be implemented this year. The donation to foreign miracles should be made possible, as well as the chests at the NBH. These will probably be a little bit in coming.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Google translated that German text and i see no specific answer on the messaging. they dont even mention it?!
You have the news window, help chests and awkp donation only.

Question: Will there be further adjustments in the app this year? Especially asked for:
by the antique miracle "crystal lighthouse" one receives boxes with the Nachbarschaftshilfe. In the app you do not get these, which devalues the miracle. Is this feature coming?
When will it be possible to donate other people's Wonders knowledge points in ancient times?
when does a news window for the app come?
When will it be possible to send messages to other players via the app?

Answer: Currently the News notification window has the highest priority of these requests and should be implemented very soon. With luck, even the news function will be implemented this year. The donation to foreign miracles should be made possible, as well as the chests at the NBH. These will probably be a little bit in coming.
Google translate has its (serious) limits when it comes to German. Trust me, I tried. :rolleyes: Though I must admit this time it doesn’t sound bad at all.

Anyway, the problem is with the word “Nachrichten”. In the last question Google correctly translated it as “messages” (“to send messages to other players”). However, in the answer Google translated the word “Nachrichtenfunktion” as “news function” (“With luck, even the news function”).

DeletedUser9106

There are literally hundreds of threads all asking the same thing: Why is messaging still not on the mobile app?

Of all the updates on the app, the one most appreciated was the chat feature, why? Because a fellowship requires communication, and messaging is just the next logical step. There is no point in giving mobile players the ability to participate in events if they have no way of organising and coordinating with the rest of the fellowship. They might as well not be part of it?

I implore you, beg you, plead with you, that messaging move higher up the priority chain. Pretty graphics are great, chat fills a small niche, but for a fellowship to truly blossom we NEED messaging.

I couldn't agree more... I don't have a computer anymore so I can only use my tablet. I love the game but I feel like I'm letting my fellowship down all the time.

DeletedUser9106

1. This is definitely on my wish list. I need information snd the chat we have now doesn't cut it. Please give us the messaging ability...

Pauly7

Magus
When they say “with a little luck by the end of the year”, it’s rare to actually see it happen.
Certainly with Inno when they say something like that it could be a long time longer than the end of the year, but nonetheless it's good to hear that they are working on it, because we've been very short of any responses on this topic in our own language.