• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

We need better mouse commands in the trader

DeletedUser4149

we can do everything we need to play this game w/ a mouse, except post trades of 10,000 or more w/o 100 clicks.
can elvenar PLEASE keep up w/ technology that was available on 1980s atari and nintendo games? numbers would increase at a faster rate if a button was held down. they could add a X10 button if this is too difficult of a technological leap for Inno and elvenar.

but i'll probably have more luck by shouting my request across the grand canyon or by wishing for it in a mall fountain than i will by asking for it here. it seems like every update is always about improving the game for mobile players. who cares about those of us who've been playing this on a pc, right?

Thagdal

Sorcerer
if you are on a pc, isnt it easier to type 10000?
1 mouse click to open trader, 1 click to offer tab, 2 clicks offer and want, 1 click in the number box, 5#'s for how much, then 1 click in want number box automatically puts in amount in that box, then 2 clicks for confirmation. easier than a 100 clicks isnt it?:confused:
holding a mouse button down could make you miss how much you want if it goes too fast, then you would be clicking back to get to the amount you need.

DeletedUser4149

i have a wireless mouse and the keyboard isn't always at my fingertips. it seems dumb that we can make every other type of command from our mouse except for posting trades that involve more 300 planks. why force us to use both a key board and a mouse? i also know that this game has a lot of retired players who aren't very mobile and can't always get to their keyboards because of disabilities.

i think a lot of people find it easier to post 500 goods twenty times than they do to post 5000 goods twice. this means it takes more time to accept and look for trades. i also think that this would be one of the easiest features in the world to add to the game. the technology is simple and i'm not asking them to change the game.

DeletedUser5093

Windows comes with an on-screen keyboard program installed by default. It's located in Start Menu -> Programs -> Accessories -> Ease of Access. Or you can just search for a program called On-Screen Keyboard.
I'm unfamiliar with Mac computers, but it's plausible they would have something similar as well.

If you want to type a large amount of text without using a keyboard you can just use that program. It's designed for use by people with disabilities or other accessibility issues, so it's very easy and intuitive to use. So if you wanted to create a trade of 50,000 goods it would take you 1-5 clicks to open the program (computer dependent), then 5 clicks to type it in. It's only just over the 3 click limit you're asking for, so it should still be quick enough to meet your needs. Regardless, it's well short of the 500 clicks needed to do it using just the mouse and the existing increment buttons.

Would this be enough to resolve your issue?

DeletedUser4149

i'll check that out. thanks.

still think it would be the easiest thing for them to change though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3451

seriously? i'm lazy too, may i ask inno to send me a chair with a built-in toilet, because it isn't always near me, and it greatly affects my playing time?

DeletedUser2521

we can do everything we need to play this game w/ a mouse, except post trades of 10,000 or more w/o 100 clicks.
can elvenar PLEASE keep up w/ technology that was available on 1980s atari and nintendo games? numbers would increase at a faster rate if a button was held down. they could add a X10 button if this is too difficult of a technological leap for Inno and elvenar.

but i'll probably have more luck by shouting my request across the grand canyon or by wishing for it in a mall fountain than i will by asking for it here. it seems like every update is always about improving the game for mobile players. who cares about those of us who've been playing this on a pc, right?

i have a wireless mouse and the keyboard isn't always at my fingertips. it seems dumb that we can make every other type of command from our mouse except for posting trades that involve more 300 planks. why force us to use both a key board and a mouse? i also know that this game has a lot of retired players who aren't very mobile and can't always get to their keyboards because of disabilities.

i think a lot of people find it easier to post 500 goods twenty times than they do to post 5000 goods twice. this means it takes more time to accept and look for trades. i also think that this would be one of the easiest features in the world to add to the game. the technology is simple and i'm not asking them to change the game.

To be quite frank yo momma love me I think you were being rather spiteful in your first message. Telling Elvenar to keep up with technology, when you can't even be bothered to keep your keyboard by your PC (PC's,mice and keyboards come hand in hand).

This kind of attitude will get you no-where on this subject. I feel you could have gone about this differently.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to inform you that 'retired players' are far more organised as they were raised to be so and would actually have the whole computing system together as it should be. Also I am disabled and even when my arthritis is at it's worse I am still able to type (albeit using one finger at those times) the amount of goods I require in the trader.