• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

We need a new type of scout

BonnyGwen

Spellcaster
Infinity is a lovely concept but there’s no way it’s practical when scouting provinces. At some point there will be a finite amount of neighbors on my map. Considering that provinces are needed for quests (encounters, relics, etc ) and my scout now takes over 6 days 5 hours for a single scouting session and it seems there will be no Advanced Scouts to shorten scouting time for advanced players – we NEED a way to re-scout previously scouted provinces.

I propose that in addition to a Scout we need an Ambassador or a Diplomat which can perform diplomatic missions on previously scouted provinces. Everything can be the same as the Scout the timing shorter for nearby provinces, perhaps a Diplomat can’t revisit the same province for a period of time, a month or two. We NEED more province encounters especially since they are required for events and INNO needs to quit playing around with having quests requiring spire encounters when spire isn’t even running. An encounter should be an encounter whether it’s a province, a spire or a tourney encounter and they should be interchangeable for quests.

Scouting as it stands right now with taking close to a week to scout is becoming a major roadblock
Please do something to fix it!

SkyRider99

Mentor
I propose that in addition to a Scout we need an Ambassador or a Diplomat ....
Good idea BonnyGwen. I like the concept, especially for players that have already scouted more than 600 provinces, and scouting times are six days or more. We shouldn't be penalised and excluded from quests because we are experienced and successful. Or maybe we should if that's the underlying game plan :)

Gargon667

Mentor
I suppose the idea is as usual to make it so hard that you start spending diamonds to complete tasks...

On the upside I find having enough provinces ready for an event is still no problem even at 5 or 6 days scouting time. With a month to 6 weeks between the start of events one can still scout 5+provinces for each event and really that is easily enough to finish the event.
Of course the scouting times don´t allow for finishing the scouting quests themselves, but those always have alternatives, so no trouble there.
It just gets more and more annoying...

Cheryn

Bard
INNO needs to quit playing around with having quests requiring spire encounters when spire isn’t even running. An encounter should be an encounter whether it’s a province, a spire or a tourney encounter and they should be interchangeable for quests.

I could not agree with this statement more! Ridiculous quest wording is a HUGE problem in this game! And as above--an encounter should be an encounter, no matter WHERE it takes place!
Some cost us more, some cost less, but all COST us!

Last edited:

Cheryn

Bard
When I win the lottery...I'm giving all my friends and fellows and good mates here FREE DIAMONDS! "wish of wishes";)

Pauly7

Magus
On the upside I find having enough provinces ready for an event is still no problem even at 5 or 6 days scouting time. With a month to 6 weeks between the start of events one can still scout 5+provinces for each event and really that is easily enough to finish the event.
That doesn't work for me. The problem with having such long scout times is there is no obvious mechanism to get me to restart the scout. You or others may be better at this than me, but I just rely on niggling feelings that it seems to be a week or so (or more) since I remember last starting a scout, so I go and look. I think on average my actual scout times are twice as long!

As far as the events go it's just a matter of how much you're willing to limit how long it takes to complete quests. I think you can get through it with one province, just by waiting for tournaments and spires to come back around, but if you're impatient then you can burn through a lot more than 5 available provinces.

I agree with @BonnyGwen. The whole system is now just kind of broken. It wasn't designed with the thought that we would still be doing this 5 or 6 years later, and during those 5 or 6 years it seems that no time or thought has been spent on overhauling something which obviously can't keep running in the same way forever. Anything else which keeps increasing to infinity could have the same issue, such as the cost of buying KP.

The other thing that would help is to stop asking for encounters to be completed in event quests. Take them off the table altogether. 4 years ago there was a lot of discussion about this and Inno were advising everyone not to overscout. Since then, however, they have just ever increased the need to scout more.

cwgiii

Shaman
I agree Pauly7. Broken is an understatement.

I practically never scout anymore for this very reason. However, when I find the alternative worse, I set a timer/alarm/calendar reminder to remind me when the scouting will complete. That way, I don't have to check it over and over.

Gargon667

Mentor
I didn´t think of the browser version of the game, the mobile app tells you when your scout isn´t doing anything... but that would be such an easy fix to implement on the browser as well...

However I don´t think that this system is an oversight or broken, it is more likely designed that way, as we used to have advanced scouts in the beginning of chapters all the time and they were excluded in later chapters by design, they coud simply have kept the old system going if they wanted continuous progression on the map. The question would be why they don´t want that. I can´t say, maybe excessive map sizes cause too much traffic on the server / slow down the game too much? As to the city size that is always given as the reason why they don´t want city space available freely and restrict expansions (and city extensions to make space for more expansions) to an extreme minimum, so it could be something similar?

If they want world map expansion to slow down/stop they will eventually have to remove map encounters or restrict them to always having alternatives, but I assume they do the same Maths I just did and say for now it is easy enough a problem to deal with. If you don´t want to put in the effort, you´ll have to play events slowly. They are certainly not preventing anyone from finishing the quest-line for now.