• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

City wasted space

Sir Derf

Adept
And, one more time, thank you for again stating what the current rules are. This is a section of the forum for making IDEAS and SUGGESTIONS, things that changes or additions that are not part of the current rules.

Timneh

Artisan
I'm aware of what section this is thank you but technically the OPs first post is more of a statement than a suggestion and i am replying to it as such.

DeletedUser

It seems to me that the squares contingent to the main hall should be considered connected. Avoiding the use of the space wasting, useless 1 square road spits. In cities where space is tight, the use of road spits often results in the loss of a potential build site!!! w
hats up with that!!

...connecting roads to the main hall in an 'as optimal as is manageable' way is a basic concept of the game. When visiting your neighbours it is possible to find inspiration in the astounding variety of techniques/ideas implemented to achieve this. To manage space, an option could be to extend fewer roads from the main hall, lining up 'needy' buildings next to the road, but keeping inner space for structures that need no connections (e.g. event buildings, culture buildings.) This may entail some periodic re-arranging in your town, but it's all part of the fun of creating a town.

DeletedUser

Just to devil's advocate/humor here...

Needs a road so it can be delivered... Come on, dude, we're like neighbors. Look, now I'm standing on my lawn, *hops* now I'm standing on yours. *hops* Mine. *hops* Yours *hops*.

*Stands one foot in each* See how easy this is? I pick it up from over here (lift with my knees, not with my back), I place it down over there (gently, don't want to break those Flacons).

Look, see my nice Level 27 Manufactory right over there? Now, look up. What do you see? I've got this snazzy big crane up there. All day long, all it does is pick things up here, move them over there. I mean sure, it doesn't really unload well, just kinda dumps everything all over the ground, but hey, I can just as easily have it spill everything right there on your front steps my courtyard. No problem.

Oh, what's that? All deliveries to the back door and the loading docks. Well, I'll just have the crane swing around a few times, build up a little momentum, and let 'em go. Look, I just invented air-freight. No charge. Roads? Where they're going, they don't need roads.

What's this? Oh, you say you have a contract with the carting union from that all-female ancient Greek nation and their upgraded service plan that requires them to handle all your deliveries? Amazons Prime?

Hello Sir Derf, I didn't quite get your humour but I'm impressed by the strength of your creative imagination!

Pauly7

Magus
The rule for me is that wherever the Main Hall's front gate is needs to have a road going up to it or past it.... That's just my own rules!

DeletedUser

Thanks for responding! What I'm trying to get across is NOT eliminating roads it's that a building that is connected directly to the main hall should be considered connected and the roads are arteries to the rest of the city.Logical really

I get your point, however, I wonder if changing the way buildings connect (directly next to) the main hall would make any significant difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Look, see my nice Level 27 Manufactory right over there? Now, look up. What do you see? I've got this snazzy big crane up there. All day long, all it does is pick things up here, move them over there. I mean sure, it doesn't really unload well, just kinda dumps everything all over the ground, but hey, I can just as easily have it spill everything right there on your front steps my courtyard. No problem.

Hey, it is old memories!

Once it was a little golem digging and tossing the stuff, right behind it, to grow further and dig with both hands, he even gets a shovel. These dirty marble manufactories... no, no, no... as my little level 6 boosted plank manus produce moving their heads left-right-left-right, negating that dirty rocky golem... (For elves ofc.)