• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Walpurgis Night

DeletedUser4962

I just finished adding Comments and Tips to the Walpurgis Night Event Notes!

Please feel free to make suggestions.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/elve...urgis-night-questline-event/2020777881510923/

31172084_10211593143804805_1132199699036508439_n.jpg

Hi, reading information referred to in the above quote, would I be correct in speculating that for TIER we should be reading MANUFACTORY?

Therefore I will be correct in thinking that tier one goods are Marble, Steel and Planks. And if so, then my tier one boosted goods are planks.

Well Steps 43, 44 and 45 of the Walpurgis Night quest all involve 'tier one boosted' items to be produced. To be able to do these one after another will take actual 36 hours to progress.

So to actually save time, would I be right that I need 8 such manufactories? Where quest 43 involves 3 productions of 9 hours, 44 needs 3 items over 3 hours and 45 completes with 2 productions of 24 hours. I'd then be able to do these in one go over 24 hours, as long as I collect them correctly.

Why do all these three quests involve just Tier One?

DeletedUser5976

I'd then be able to do these in one go over 24 hours, as long as I collect them correctly.

You are correct. If you have space you can just build some lvl 1 planks manufactories and start your productions before you're at those quests. Then you can complete them very fast. As long as you don't mix up which ones are which. I only did the 24h production in lvl 1 manufactories.

DeletedUser4947

I have to say, I am --for the first time-- actually enjoying an event.
Even in my lowest level 1 city everything is achievable, and that makes ALL the difference.
Yeah, it takes some planning, and things are mighty slow, but it is doable.
Mainly because the amounts scale by level, rather than being a fixed thing.
And the rewards are great!

Well done, more like this!

Deleted User - 384643

This was a fun event with useful, decent prizes. And I'm not just talking about the buildings, but also the many KP, rune shards and time instants we could win.
I liked that there was more variation with quests and also that several quests had multiple options.
This feels like the right direction for future events.

Well done, Inno.

TheBonker

Adventurer
Im happy as a relatively "new" player that this quest was, firstly, possible to complete 100%. Secondly drove a point home,to me anyway, about game play directions, and thirdly what a very cool animated pleasure to look at. A stated above multiple choice was key if like me level 9 squad facing 100% very hard/red territory's. Fight or produce like crazy per encounter. :cool:

Jackluyt

Shaman
Well Steps 43, 44 and 45 of the Walpurgis Night quest all involve 'tier one boosted' items to be produced. To be able to do these one after another will take actual 36 hours to progress.

So to actually save time, would I be right that I need 8 such manufactories?

Not really.
I built 2 level one of my T1 boost, ran them and had them ready to collect - in advance.
Then to finish the quest, I need just one day - 3 hour runs I do anyway; and 9 hour runs I do overnight with my normal factories

Why do all these three quests involve just Tier One?

Full marks to the design team that just about all the quests can be done by EVERYONE.
That is why they only do T1 - to accommodate the beginners who do not have T2 and T3.

DeletedUser

My daughter and I are playing as often as we can, myself more than she as I’m not presently working but despite this we both know we are definitely not going to be able to finish all the quests and get the grand prize. Very disappointing after all our effort. I appreciate others above saying that they have already finished all the quests and got the prize but is this really fair on players who aren’t so far advanced in the game?!

DeletedUser

My daughter and I are playing as often as we can, myself more than she as I’m not presently working but despite this we both know we are definitely not going to be able to finish all the quests and get the grand prize. Very disappointing after all our effort. I appreciate others above saying that they have already finished all the quests and got the prize but is this really fair on players who aren’t so far advanced in the game?!

Specifically what issues are you having? This is one of the easiest events we've ever had...is it the troop training requirements?

m4rt1n

Adept

I haven't finished yet either, and there is still time, which quest is holding you and your daughter up and I will do what I can to help. :)

TheBonker

Adventurer
Unsure of your sticking point, but as I am currently in Chapter 3 and have finished this is what i did. rearrange the town to have as many T1 boosted manufactories without going into negative population. Every trade I put up for offer was at least 110% i.e. 110 for 100. For smaller trades the offer went up 120/100 sometimes 130-140/100 I found a lot got taken up by people who had "discovered" my world but i had not. I took every 1 star trade offered in the trader( 1 star because i hadnt discovered them but they found me). Took some zero star trades(for same reason) off the more greedy neighbours. I also had 5 level 1 of my boosted goods left alone 2 produce the 24hr manufacture and 3 produce the 9hr and left them alone till needed then put them back on 24 or 9hr.
I could not fight at all as all around me were set to very hard/red. The one thing i have discovered is that if you are able to pop in every 3 hours you can acheive an amazing amount of boosted production> Gl with this, please bear with it, as the end prize looks really good when placed(no spoliers)

DeletedUser

Thank you everyone for your advice. Yes, really struggling with getting the materials for the encounters/relics (I’m on level 4). And like someone else who has posted in this thread, I don’t fight so getting the required armies materials has been really tough. Most of my factories are stuck at the research stage but for those that aren’t I’m trying to upgrade to get the missing materials to complete the encounters but to do that I’ve needed to upgrade my houses so I can get population and that’s needed the volume of higher level materials I don’t have! Bit of a catch 22. Have been trading with the only other person in my fellowship who can provided the missing materials and have done the same for him in return wherever I can but it’s been really slow going. Now on task 28 so definitely still hoping to get to the end of all the quests!

DeletedUser5976

I'm in chapter 5. I can understand the urge to overscout to open up more space in your city, as I have also done so in chapter 1. But then I found the elvenarchitect site and started to use it to arrange my city as efficiently as possible. I try things out there first before changing or upgrading anything in my city. After the initial overscouting, I am now never overscouted, however as I like to tourney I have started skipping optional squad size research. That makes the solve encounter quests harder but gain relics quests easier as I can also gain them through tournaments.

Not being able to trade much is hard. I don't know how invested you are in your fellowship but you might look for one that has the right goods for you to trade. Most FS advertise which goods they would like their new members to have. That makes trading a lot easier.

Do you also use your daily chests for relic quests? I get between 1 to 3 relics a day from the neighbourly help visits and if I time them with the relic quests, it's one or more encounters less to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

@Elfini

As @LadyHavva said, http://www.elvenarchitect.com/ is very helpful, as are https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/ and https://www.elvenstats.com/. There are other resources, but these are the three I am most familiar with. Gems of Knowledge has the quest list if you don't already have it; being able to plan ahead in these events is crucial, especially when there 24h or 48h production requirements, or troop training requirements, because you can pre-set the production tasks, and start the training tasks early.

Good luck to you. :)

DeletedUser

Ha! Spoke to soon! Quest number 30 requires ANOTHER 282 army units! This is actually going to take me over 14 hours to get (training the archer 6 in 18 minutes. That 3 mins each x 282 = 14 hours)!!! Already done this once and now this will hold me up again!
LacyHavva, thanks for your advice. Daily chests? Presume this is something only you get/can by playing via a pc. I mostly play on my iPad and iPhone so miss stuff!

Timneh

Artisan
Sorry @Elfini but quests 46 and 48 require even more units. A small amount and then a huge amount. For me a huge amount of units takes almost 5 days.:(

DeletedUser

Thanks TInmeh, that’s ridiculous! Now I know there’s no way I can do it! So disappointing and so much wasted effort. And this was supposed to be the easiest event so far!? No need to waste time bothering doing anymore in the future then!

Timneh

Artisan
You could use time reducing instants if you have any. As said above if you use gamersgems website and look at the spoilers you can plan the long production quests in advance but i have to admit that without time instants i could not have got anywhere near the end of this event. I should finish quest 48s troop requirement with about a day to spare.