• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

volcano (switch)

zigo

Novice
just an idea:
if you had a volcano object that can be placed on locked 5x5 sq but cannot be moved or deleted. must be set 5sq way from unlocked sq.
object will let you switch any object of the same size area .i.e a 5x5 object can be change with a smaller object as long as the area is clear to place the 5x5. as with volcanos they are sometime inactive so is this one but pressure builds up using rewards or some other mode. red lava (inactive) green lava(active) the only thing that can not move is the main hall. once the 5x5 sq is unlocked the volcano is able to be used.

Sir Derf

Adept
Trying to figure out the mechanic here...

Okay, so first of all, by locked 5x5 square, you're talking about an as-yet unusable city expansion. Got it.

So, this is for aiding city rearrangement. Having the volcano allows you to swap two buildings of up to 5x5 each in your city. Presumably, the volcano is a temporary 5x5 space to place to move building A to so building B can go where A was, and then A can go where B was.

And this benefit is earnable, time/performance/resource gated, limited use at a time. Okay.

I think there's a piece missing. What's the down side? Especially when this is a Volcano. IRL. maybe not always active, but when it is, it is a destructive force of nature. What's this gonna do?

I don't know.
I don't know.
I don't know where I'mma gonna go when the Vol-can-o blows...

Alcaro

Necromancer
I don't know if the idea is in general good or not but I know is not really good in superior chapters where too many buildings have a bigger footprint than 5x5.

SkyRider99

Mentor
I don't know if the idea is in general good or not but I know is not really good in superior chapters where too many buildings have a bigger footprint than 5x5.
That's an excellent point @Alcaro. I wondered why the original idea was not ringing my bells. It must have been a subconscious reaction caused by my position in the heady heights of Ch XIX. :)

zigo

Novice
yes volcanos start small to the point you do not see them i.e iceland got a new volcano from the sea, now a new land mass. larger volcano inactive ones have been found to hold diamond's in the cold larva (true). if you have seen the film. any idea from you. as this was only an idea on my part to be expanded by other people till we get a working idea. as later in chapters it may become inactive and be offered to be removed by the game.
down side is near building may give less as who likes working when ash is falling the area you decide?