• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Visiting City and Map hang

firerock

Enchanter
Game version: __0.24.808-6be10df-(master) (2015-09-08 10:43)
Game world: __Arendyll
Browser + version: __IE11 11.0.9600.17914 (update version 11.0.21)
Flash Player version: __18.0.0.232
Operating System: __Windows 7
Screen resolution: __1920x1080
Account name: __firerock
Humans or Elves: __Elves
Hardware Acceleration: ON

Reproducibility: __3/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: __ (if applicable) N/A

Current situation:
After visiting several towns or provinces the game will hang when loading something
Its hung when returning from a province after a battle, and now from trying to load the world map
Last time it did it I restarted the browser

its happened again after 16 further towns visited (screenshot included)
I was also cycling the RQ to get the one about getting 40,000 coins

Expected situation:
__it should not hang
__

Reproduction Steps:
1. __ I have this when doing my daily rounds of clicking each village I have found
2. __ I click on a town
3. __boost something
4. __click on map to move to next village
5. __hangs after several towns

I've already had this happen tonight after defeating an army and the game trying to return back to the province

Screenshots of the bug:

index.php

index.php

Attachments

• elvenar - hang.JPG
    elvenar - hang.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 291
  • elvenar - hang 2.JPG
    elvenar - hang 2.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:

DeletedUser3

Hi Firerock, if this is still happening for you, please clear your browser's cache. If after clearing your browser's cache this is still happening, please do let us know :)

DeletedUser235

Happens to me all the time, I have to refresh the game each time. Many times per day.

firerock

Enchanter
I have to say this is 100% reproducible
You only have to keep clicking on cities, boosting them, clicking map, clicking another city, etc

it will always happen 100% of the time
can take up to 16-20 cities to make it happen, but happen it does.

DeletedUser248

Hi firerock,

I use to get this issue; however, recently I have not been able to reproduce the hang up. Have you tried using a different browser to see if you still encounter the same issue? Maybe it just comes and goes as it pleases? Hehe.

Annah

Alchemist
All day every day this is happening to me and most of my fellowship members despite what browser they use.... This morning there were many messages saying they were sick to death of it and it was spoiling their game. I am hoping it doesn't carry on indefinitely as I will lose members I can see this happening. It is a tiring situation.... refresh after 2 visits on map... refresh after visiting members et al. Not everybody has the time to bother and log out.

DeletedUser415

This is also happening to me. No matter what I do, it is to the point where I cannot even open the city of my guilds #1 player. City shows and then kicks me out of the game. Tried 12 times in a row and still couldn't keep his city open.
Also find myself having to constantly refresh when visiting neighbors and fellowship visits.
It was working fine, but in the last week for some reason it has gotten worse.

DeletedUser358

I get the same thing.
Looks like the memory leak issue is back. Wish they could fix this once and for all already, very annoying.

DeletedUser415

I sure hope this gets fixed soon. I'm tired of having to keep refreshing my game all time when visiting cities. Starting to get very aggravated and apparently I'm not the only one having this issue.

Jixel

Spellcaster
Yes, still an issue - not quite as bad now as it was before the build with hardware acceleration was introduced, but I still have a number of freezes and flash crashes when trying to "do the rounds" of fellowships here and US, plus neighbour visits.

firerock

Enchanter
I cannot believe that this isn't top priority, oh yes its more important to stop repeatable quests than fix this.
This is sooooo repeatable, so please why hasn't this been fixed?

firerock

Enchanter
Amy, I'm not picking on you honest :)

But do you seriously not get this? I assume you have an account somewhere on the world?
I get this EVERY time I do anything, I know lots of others get this too, but the remedy is simply to close IE and reload the game, so for an extra 20-30 seconds people just put up with it. I'm not sure new players would though.
At the level I'm at it takes me approaching 3/4 of an hour to boost everyone I can, and I have to restart IE at least 3 or 4 times in that period.

DeletedUser358

It really does depend on the power of your computer to see this issue.
It's constantly a problem with my work computer, but I would never even know that this was an issue with my home computer as that monster is built for gaming and pretty much no game can slow it down.

The issue is, that those of us with mid-end to low-end machines always see this memory leak, and the longer you play the worse it gets.
I literally have to refresh the game every 10 mins if I'm using my work computer.

firerock

Enchanter
my pc at home has 8gb ram, i5 processor, dedicated graphics card.
having played about with this, its clear the issue manifests in IE11, as chrome seems to cope to an extent.