• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Game Features Village Edit Mode like that of CoC

DeletedUser98

It would be good to have a village edit mode like Clash of Clans

You click a button where you enter into a virtual space to move around, or remove any or all buildings and roads from the grid and re-place them where you want them to be. While in edit mode, the buildings (both the ones being upgraded, the ones being built the first time, the ones producing goods, training soldiers, producing money, etc) still continue to run their countdown timers/do their jobs.

The reason for this is that it is currently hard to reorganize your village one building at the time and not risk stopping some countdowns because the road is cut, especially when you need to need to allocate a bigger space for a building you need to upgrade and you have to move e.g. a 20x20 block, one block to the left. sometimes it just takes to long to reposition everything. If this is implemented, players can also better make use of space while their village grows and expands because they can experiment and maybe reduce unnecessary roads.

DeletedUser8

The issue with adding a feature such as this, it takes away from the difficulty of the game. Part of the strategy of the game is to have to design your town and build and grow it while staying within the confinements the game has as it is. :)

DeletedUser

Exactly,Alex have right,such an option will ruin this game,everyone must be able to think and organize their citiy to have maximum production,is a part of strategy :)

DeletedUser98

"everyone must be able to think and organize their citiy to have maximum production,is a part of strategy".
- i didnt say that implementing the feature will make the computer auto-think what the best layout is. also, saying that adding such feature "ruins" the game is a dumb assessment. it actually helps the player experiment (in organizing their city) because he'll have some kind of playground of some sort to better strategize placements of the buildings and maybe place some spaces where he anticipates building expansion etc etc. so it's very contrary to what you have concluded. in case you don't know what im talking about, try playing clash of clans so you know what you are criticizing.

"Part of the strategy of the game is to have to design your town and build and grow it while staying within the confinements the game has as it is."
- i dont think it really makes the game way too easy because you still have the say on where to place a certain building. having the feature implemented just aids in giving your town a good design because, in a way, it eases the process of arranging things.

DeletedUser

Seems like this is a bit of a marmite post - love or hate it.. Personally, I'd love to see this idea implemented. I disagree wholly that this idea will "ruin" the game. I can't see how anyone could come to that conclusion.. just because ONE aspect of a game is only changed to a degree means the game will be "ruined". Wrong.

Anyway, I find myself changing my town around regularly and this would be a great help because I generally struggle to find space as my town expands and evolves. Good idea - it's obviously a personal preference for everyone.

DeletedUser

The issue with adding a feature such as this, it takes away from the difficulty of the game. Part of the strategy of the game is to have to design your town and build and grow it while staying within the confinements the game has as it is. :)
Umm what? The nature of this game is that buildings get bigger. I design my town, then have to redesign each time I improve a type of building. So constant redesign is required. Now you can look up the sizes on the wiki and I've done that but its un-reasonable to expect players to leave the amount of space required for the max level building several weeks/months in advanced.

As for the difficulty. I don't think that this specifically affects the difficulty. Having to manage space already is a fine mechanic, But I personally think that being able to rearrange a base shouldn't be as stressful as it is. At the very least the option to swap places with another building, ie swap 2 2x2 size buildings.

DeletedUser135

I think you hit the nail on the head Nick, with the swap feature. That is something that would really help when rearranging your building. It is in other games, and would not detract from the game as far as the design of you city goes.

DeletedUser152

I am also very much for some sort of "city designer"-view, for all of the above mentioned reason. One way how I think it could be implemented, is, as soon as you click on the move button, you get another something by something grid to temporarily "dump" buildings, to get some space for moving. Of course you can't get out of the window before all dumped buildings are placed correctly again. The biggest restriction is, that due to lacking space you are stuck on moving your buildings or even rerouting streets and completely changing your city. Because of the increasing building size by upgrading, structuring, planning and moving your city around is for me a big part of the game - having restrictions there, or needing a degree in logistics, would be a greater reason to "ruin the game", or at least making it unnecessarily laboriously.

Some feedback that might fit in here: It is so great that moving is free of charge (other games take 50 coins or something for just touching a single building). PLEASE leave it at that! This is what a player friendly game is!

DeletedUser2447

I fully agree, but given that this thread last received an update > 16 months ago, I doubt this will happen. Nevertheless, a way of a) having a bird's eye view to see where you've left gaps and b) a temporary holding area where you can place buildings while you reorganise your city would be much appreciated! I currently have 10 empty squares, possibly some more I can't see, but if I was able to temporarily move some buildings out of the way, I could create a 3x3 square to place a new building. At the moment, this isn't possible and it can get frustrating, as I'm still a bit away from the next "free" expansion.

On a side note, increasing the price in diamonds for each premium expansion is a bit much. It should just stay at a set price of 450 diamonds for each premium square you buy!

DeletedUser363

. It should just stay at a set price of 450 diamonds for each premium square you buy!
It has always gone up with each expansion you buy, but they just decided to increase the costs to unrealistic levels last week. Before the update my next premium expansion (that I was not buying as I refuse to buy more diamonds with the current state of the game) would have been 4000 diamonds, after the update it was 8000:mad:

DeletedUser2447

Thanks TheRodent, very helpful tool indeed! Next up, a temporary holding area in the game whenever you want to move things around! :) Tikococo, it seems they're starting to put their arm in. Understandably, money is needed to improve and develop the game, but I reckon it would be far better to have more people pay small amounts of money than trying to get people to fork out larger sums.