• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Video Ad's

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer

Are you suggesting that because the feedback on ads has been mostly negative they might not add more ads (or make them must-watch to play)? Because I think we all remember the almost unanimously negative feedback (a lot of people created forums accounts just for that occasion) about the tournament changes (and especially about the AWs being used in the formula) and yet it's still here without a single change to it since it was introduced. And that change didn't make any profit to Inno (not directly anyway) while this does.

I'm not sure why am I being accused of trolling and then asked to answer questions. Is it to accuse me of trolling again? If you would like a civilised discussion, there's definitely much better way of doing it. At this moment, it's me sharing my views and everyone else looking for things to attack me for. There is much bigger world out there and there are a lot of people like me, just because we don't survive on forums doesn't mean we don't exist. We do have many other more enjoyable things to do. ;):)

Last edited:

OldHag

Necromancer
I'm not sure why am I being accused of trolling and then asked to answer questions. Is it to accuse me of trolling again? If you would like a civilised discussion, there's definitely much better way of doing it. At this moment, it's me sharing my views and everyone else looking for things to attack me for. There is much bigger world out there and there are a lot of people like me, just because we don't survive on forums doesn't mean we don't exist. We do have many other more enjoyable things to do. ;):)
No one is attacking you @Silly Bubbles it's just people posting opposing views to yours, based on their experiences of games with ads in. There's no need to take opposing views as a personal attack, they are not. Chill @Silly Bubbles ;)

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
No one is attacking you @Silly Bubbles it's just people posting opposing views to yours, based on their experiences of games with ads in. There's no need to take opposing views as a personal attack, they are not. Chill @Silly Bubbles ;)

Thank you for another attack. :p:D
Since when being called hypocrite, troll, naive etc is not attack? We obviously live in very different environments.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
I'm not sure why am I being accused of trolling and then asked to answer questions. Is it to accuse me of trolling again? If you would like a civilised discussion, there's definitely much better way of doing it. At this moment, it's me sharing my views and everyone else looking for things to attack me for.
@Hekata and I are not the same person, so not sure why you'd see a relation in our responses there.
I'm also only just sharing my views, which are not the same as yours. That should be possible in a normal discussion. Calling everything that doesn't confirm your views fake news is not really a 'civilised discussion' imo. And as @OldHag says, because someone is voicing opposing views does not mean they're attacking you. You're once again putting on a victim suit where it's totally uncalled for.

I am getting a bit tired of the fact that in all these threads that are posted lately by concerned players asking for explanations from Inno, or that are critical of actions Inno has taken unannounced, you somehow always seem to think they're directed to you and that everyone is against you.

There is much bigger world out there and there are a lot of people like me, just because we don't survive on forums doesn't mean we don't exist.
Also, since when are you the spokesperson for every player who's not on the forum? Seems a bit much to speak for others while clearly, they're just your personal views.

We do have many other more enjoyable things to do. ;):)
I'd suggest you go do that.

Last edited:

Hekata

Artisan
'm not sure why am I being accused of trolling and then asked to answer questions. Is it to accuse me of trolling again? If you would like a civilised discussion, there's definitely much better way of doing it. At this moment, it's me sharing my views and everyone else looking for things to attack me for. There is much bigger world out there and there are a lot of people like me, just because we don't survive on forums doesn't mean we don't exist. We do have many other more enjoyable things to do. ;):)
since when being called hypocrite, troll, naive etc is not attack? We obviously live in very different environments.
I honestly don't see how my comment to your post can be considered as someone saying that you are trolling or a hypocrite. I simply responded to your statement that the players feedback could influence the introduction of ads.

The devs (or those above them) don't seem to care about feedback much. In fact more and more people on beta are asking what's the point of having a beta server if absolutely none of the players' suggestions and concerns are taken into consideration. They didn't even get an announcement about ads being tested, nor a thread where they can express their feedback. The one they are using now was simply created by one of the players. I suppose that says a lot about how serious Inno is about ads.

As for the topic of this thread (my 5 cents for what it's worth): like for a lot of players here, one of the main reasons I kept playing this game is because there are no ads. In general I'm not a big fan of online games but the few I did try to play (before or alongside this one) I ended up quitting after a day (sometimes after 1 hour) precisely because there were so many ads.
I'm not happy to see the ads, but if elvenar keeps them as they are now, where I can ignore them if I want without it affecting my gaming experience in anyway, that's fine, I can live with that, but if they go the way most games seem to end up then I'll be walking away.
The hobby room is actually the best way (= least intrusive) to integrate ads: we get to choose the benefit we want from it or we can ignore it completely since no one usually clicks on the BH except by accident :)

Gadun Moth

Seeker
The game asks to remove completely your add blocker, if you just enable adds for the site, will not work, which for me is a long stretch and a very unsecure demand.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
I'm not happy to see the ads, but if elvenar keeps them as they are now, where I can ignore them if I want without it affecting my gaming experience in anyway, that's fine, I can live with that, but if they go the way most games seem to end up then I'll be walking away.
The hobby room is actually the best way (= least intrusive) to integrate ads: we get to choose the benefit we want from it or we can ignore it completely since no one usually clicks on the BH except by accident :)
Apparently, it's no longer only the hobby room, but you can also watch ads to add 1kp to your technology in the tech tree, at least, that's what I'm seeing on these screenshots on the US forum: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/ads-feedback-thread.37198/post-286260

Hekata

Artisan
Apparently, it's no longer only the hobby room, but you can also watch ads to add 1kp to your technology in the tech tree, at least, that's what I'm seeing on these screenshots on the US forum: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/ads-feedback-thread.37198/post-286260
I just checked and I got it in one of my cities. I suppose it can be useful, especially to small cities where fewer kps are needed to complete techs. Personally I have more kps than I know what to do with (as I haven't advanced through chapters for a while now) so I won't be clicking on that one. But I'll probably use the hobby room during FA or if I'm short on some goods: the effects are not that big but it's (almost) free so I might as well put it to some good use now and then :)

Hekata

Artisan
If your city is in Winyandor you're welcome to dump them on my wonders :D
Haha, sorry, it's Arendyll :D I usually just distribute them to membres of my FS, especially during FA, it makes a lot of wonder badges :)