• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Video Ad's

GSV3MiaC

Alchemist
Some of the video ads are more than 30 secs, and at least one forces you to the playstore (on android) with no apparent way back to the game. Thumbs down from me.

m4rt1n

Adept
Some of the video ads are more than 30 secs, and at least one forces you to the playstore (on android) with no apparent way back to the game. Thumbs down from me.

That is a common problem with in game ad's on both Apple and Android.

Noticed that you can get a 50% vitality surge on used troops in battle every 3 hours or so by watching an ad. They are 5-10 seconds long on PC.

m4rt1n

Adept
Ooh, nice reward that, lucky.
I got 16 diamonds which I was pretty chuffed about :)

The 50% vitality surge is available all the time as I understand it, when you finish a fight, before closing the fight click to use a vitality surge on a troop with losses and it is there, it refreshes every 3-4 hours, didn't notice exactly but is on a timer. I didn't notice a daily limit but will try and observe next time I fight a battle.

A possibility may be that you need at least 1 vitality surge in inventory to access it (unsure as I have a lot).

Last edited:

Jake65

Sage
The 50% vitality surge is available all the time as I understand it, when you finish a fight, before closing the fight click to use a vitality surge on a troop with losses and it is there, it refreshes every 3-4 hours, didn't notice exactly but is on a timer. I didn't notice a daily limit but will try and observe next time I fight a battle.

A possibility may be that you need at least 1 vitality surge in inventory to access it (unsure as I have a lot).
Just tried a tournament fight and there it was.
30 seconds well spent :)
Thanks for the info.
The timer showed 21 minutes, maybe it gets longer each time it gets used. Will check tomorrow.

SkyRider99

Mentor
1685745501310.png

Never look back! :cool:

Jake65

Sage
Thanks for the info.
The timer showed 21 minutes, maybe it gets longer each time it gets used. Will check tomorrow.
This morning I got a 12 hour waiting time. I had already watched all in the hobby room so this could be why the timing is longer.

Screenshot_20230603-091437~2.png

Inno being a responsible parent by limiting my video screen time :D

Lelanya

Mentor
I for one would have appreciated info on these new features BEFORE they appeared. At the moment they are not a problem for me. Just a bit confused about being prompted into some hobby room somewhere (no idea where that is)

I WOULD be interested in this type of feature with rewards like a gather all or help all spell .. but otherwise its just another distraction from the game imo
The hobby room is in the Builder's Hut.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Such a change will cost us players. Simple as that.

Of course Inno doesn't care as long as the cash flow after the decision is larger still.

@Killiak How will it cost us players? I don't see anything coming out of anyone's pocket or them asking anyone to pay for something that is related to ads? All I see is getting an additional optional bonus.

Last edited by a moderator:

m4rt1n

Adept
@Killiak How will it cost us players? I don't see anything coming out of anyone's pocket or them asking anyone to pay for something that is related to ads? All I see is getting an additional optional bonus.

For now @Silly Bubbles I really hope you are correct, so many games are going the way of mandatory ad's or a premium pass to play, no announcement at all by any Inno staff upsets me, I do hope they don't go down that route but after 7 years of play in my opinion it doesn't look good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer

Why has my post and @m4rt1n post been edited? I haven't broken any rules and if I did I would like to be notified. Is this some preferential treatment of someone?

Lelanya

Mentor
@Killiak and @Lelanya. How will it cost us players? I don't see anything coming out of anyone's pocket or them asking anyone to pay for something that is related to ads? All I see is getting an additional optional bonus.
Well I read this on the Beta Forum, and this and this. And if 3 people are saying this then more than 30 people are thinking the same.

Last edited:

Hekata

Artisan
Well I read this on the Beta Forum, and this and this. And if 3 people are saying this then more than 30 people are thinking the same.
As on f the beta players suggested, having the option to turn the ads off or on would be the best possible solution. I'm pretty sure it's also the one solution that won't be implemented...

Killiak

Artisan

It's also that the forum population is a very small segment of the entire server population. Plenty of people don't bother to have their voice heard, but instead they will vote with their feet.

Such a change will cost us players. Simple as that.

Of course Inno doesn't care as long as the cash flow after the decision is larger still.

To detail my opinion on the whole thing a bit more:
I have seen several people say that this is optional and/or that you can just not watch the ads. That's not how this works, and it's been a staple of mobile monetization for years by now.
The concept of Watch-For-Bonus works on a psychological level (hi, fomo?), but also in the sense of the game mechanisms itself. Things like spire and tournament are technically optional, but we all know they really aren't. They show up in events, they show up in the new season, your FS will expect a certain score from you, KP's really help you improve your game performance via AW's and research, relics and runes are needed for production and AW progress, time instants speed your progress. Technically optional, but over time deeply woven into the fabric of the game, you can't ignore them if you want to play and progress.

The ads provide minor bonusses right now, but also diamonds. It's only a very short/small step to bigger and stronger bonusses, and having the "Watch an Ad!" show up as a quest or as a daily / weekly in the seasons. Let's not pretend this will not happen, because it's how the majority of mobile games use Ads... and Inno is definitely using the 'mobile playbook' for Elvenar. It would be naive to think these will not get more and more integrated into the mechanics of the game.

At the end of the day these changes are all management decisions, and the developers are just told to do/make these things. They don't have the final say, the people in the suits do, and it comes down to what makes the company money. Combine this with the fact that there wasn't even an announcement, that the Community Manager and Mods were not or poorly informed, and that Inno has fired 75 people just recently as well..... and anyone should swiftly realize that the decision-makers do not care about the players. This is the monetization and mobile-fication of Elvenar, and we are already riding the sled down that slippery slope

I hope nobody thinks I will enjoy saying "I told you so", but I will definitely say it when the time for it comes.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I hope nobody thinks I will enjoy saying "I told you so", but I will definitely say it when the time for it comes.

Once that happens then I will say "You were right". At this moment, I don't worry about something that hasn't happened yet. The feedback on ads is not that great for them to make it any bigger. Also, lets not forget that they do need money to keep this game alive and it's better when the money comes from advertising than from players' pockets.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer

Thanks for the info.

I just tried it and it's for 24 hrs. Not sure whether its timing is related to Hobby Room as I maxed the timing there by watching all available ads just before fighting.

m4rt1n

Adept
It's also that the forum population is a very small segment of the entire server population. Plenty of people don't bother to have their voice heard, but instead they will vote with their feet.

To detail my opinion on the whole thing a bit more:
I have seen several people say that this is optional and/or that you can just not watch the ads. That's not how this works, and it's been a staple of mobile monetization for years by now.
The concept of Watch-For-Bonus works on a psychological level (hi, fomo?), but also in the sense of the game mechanisms itself. Things like spire and tournament are technically optional, but we all know they really aren't. They show up in events, they show up in the new season, your FS will expect a certain score from you, KP's really help you improve your game performance via AW's and research, relics and runes are needed for production and AW progress, time instants speed your progress. Technically optional, but over time deeply woven into the fabric of the game, you can't ignore them if you want to play and progress.

The ads provide minor bonusses right now, but also diamonds. It's only a very short/small step to bigger and stronger bonusses, and having the "Watch an Ad!" show up as a quest or as a daily / weekly in the seasons. Let's not pretend this will not happen, because it's how the majority of mobile games use Ads... and Inno is definitely using the 'mobile playbook' for Elvenar. It would be naive to think these will not get more and more integrated into the mechanics of the game.

At the end of the day these changes are all management decisions, and the developers are just told to do/make these things. They don't have the final say, the people in the suits do, and it comes down to what makes the company money. Combine this with the fact that there wasn't even an announcement, that the Community Manager and Mods were not or poorly informed, and that Inno has fired 75 people just recently as well..... and anyone should swiftly realize that the decision-makers do not care about the players. This is the monetization and mobile-fication of Elvenar, and we are already riding the sled down that slippery slope

I agree, having been a former moderator for miniclip.com and 8ballpool.com (same company and how I found Inno Games as they were promoted there) I have seen first hand how free to play eventually becomes watch a few ad's then on to go premium ad free.

Sadly the slippery slope has begun, letting 75 staff go shows it, now the €100m+ company suits need more...