• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.97

While there may be "calculations" behind it, the new 1.5 ratio is ridiculous for calculating trades across tiers, and seeing whether somebody is offering a good deal or just a tiny bit to get 3 stars.

Even with a simple 1000 marble trade, you get 666 crystals, or 444 elixir (for example) - imagine having other (odd) numbers.

A 1:2:4 ratio (1000/500/250) would've kept the simple aspect of trade (both ways) and allowed people to see immediately how trades stands. The differences would still have been decreased by 4 (1:4:16) that way.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
What about fixing the wholesaler?
If tier 2 and 3 are no longer that much more valuable than tier 1 the wholesaler should reflect this.
The ratios there are ridiculous. I could never justify the prices to 'buy' tier 2 and tier 3 using coins or supplies.

In another post, I added support's reply.

Short: Wholeseller will not change.

Timneh

Artisan
Just because support told you that does not mean that will be the case. Support can be and sometimes are wrong in what they tell players. I myself have had two cases where the info i got from support was wrong.
A change to the wholesaler looks like it will be made on Beta soon although that does not mean it will come to live worlds after it has been tested on Beta. I guess that will depend on the results of the testing.

John of Enar

Adventurer
Hurrah Inno for the update in trading stars. It is long overdue, but thankfully received.

People invested in Tier goods. 4:1 may have been a little too much and certainly 3:1 would make sense among the three tiers. But 1:5:1 now devalues trades or their perception via stars by more the 75 percent. Imagine your Euro or Dollar suddenly being less than 75 percent of its original value... are you going to rush out to buy a new home? No. This will impact the market and slow trades and slow down the pace of the game which is already slow. That will not increase the purchase of diamonds. When things are running quickly and hot then people will have less patients and use diamonds. It's called inertia and works both ways with speed and slowness. That impacts the game owner's income. A very poor decision on their part.

Pauly7

Magus
People invested in Tier goods. 4:1 may have been a little too much and certainly 3:1 would make sense among the three tiers. But 1:5:1 now devalues trades or their perception via stars by more the 75 percent. Imagine your Euro or Dollar suddenly being less than 75 percent of its original value... are you going to rush out to buy a new home? No. This will impact the market and slow trades and slow down the pace of the game which is already slow. That will not increase the purchase of diamonds. When things are running quickly and hot then people will have less patients and use diamonds. It's called inertia and works both ways with speed and slowness. That impacts the game owner's income. A very poor decision on their part.
You can't compare it to currency conversion because that's not the same thing at all. You can compare it to something being sold at a vastly inflated price. Just because it happened for a long period of time does not make it justifiable.

Many people have (or had) way too high a tier 3 or tier 2 production and they did so purely to turn a profit trading down through the tiers.

The whole point may be moot because people can still trade at the same rates they used to. If you think that's right then continue. The likely effect, though, is that many people will feel like the bubble has burst on their trading system and replace T3 manufacturies for T1. We will then get a much better trading playing field as people will actually be swapping their same tier goods rather than flooding the trader with swathes of unusable trades. I don't see any likely negative outcome to this.

For me the positive is that if I want to post cross tier trades I will be able to do so without overwriting the amounts every time because I have traded at 1:1.5 for a year or two now!

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
well they made more fair for who? the levelled up players?
it may be true for them but as a new player you do not have relics so no maximum production, and also not able to build man levels of workshops. so for a new player who start making them, sill needs BASIC more than anything so the 4 rate was a good trade off o get basic goods and build a wonder faster and yeah even upgrade our worktops faster

if you manage to get a ravelling merchant 3 wasa huge help
which allowed me for the first time to have a bit of surplus on basic goods , while going as snail to gather he maerial needed to unlock chapter 3

now it make no sense for me to sell my PRECIOUS magical goods for 2.25 of basic goods.
they could use tiers and depending what chapters you have finished he ratio to change

keep he 4 until chapter 5?!?! and then drop it by 0.5 until it hits he 1.5

the new ratio just makes game harder for new players for an imaginary balancing trade for max players ?

and also even in the same tier he goods have not same value a boosted good you have in surplus and he rest 2 you struggle.

so what was the logic and which player hey trued o please?
since all new and medium players are severely restricted

and yeah theoretical i can put what ever ratio i want , but now who will accept i?

Errandil

Conjurer
The question is why were you trading cross-tier? What's stopping you from producing enough of each tier goods and trading them within their tier? If you think that the old rate was fair, then there's no problem for you to remove some t3 manufactories and build t1 instead. This way you can produce 16 times more t1 goods than t3 at the same space according to your logic :)

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
The question is why were you trading cross-tier? What's stopping you from producing enough of each tier goods and trading them within their tier? If you think that the old rate was fair, then there's no problem for you to remove some t3 manufactories and build t1 instead. This way you can produce 16 times more t1 goods than t3 at the same space according to your logic :)
i got a merchant 3 in he magical academe, i do not have he level to build tier 3 goods
SO YEAH
why i did no consider building more? maybe because i can not, which i said in my post?
once more it is a huge blunder for NEW PLAYERS

making 23 per 3 hours was something but been able to trade hem for 16 times in tier 1 really helped 368 goods which is huge or new players
now for 51!?!?! simple not worth it, i will slowly try o stockpile them as i go to chapter 3 i imagine i will need them

once more as they put i it, they change ratio to make it "fair" for max out players,
while it may be true for them IT IS NOT for new players

no relics
no high level manafucure

which ls a complete different story , than just look when everything is maxed out

while the old players complained now or praise it now, they have already used that o advance faser
company just makes game harder for new players

Pauly7

Magus
So who do you expect should be taking your "fair" 1:16 trades? Are you willing to send your 16x T1 in exchange for 1x T3?
Exactly. Trading at these big ratios can only exist as a steep pyramid scheme. Only a few can do it and turn their profits. If everyone was trying to do it there would just be a ton of T3 in existence, no T1, and thousands of unused trades.

FieryArien

Necromancer
while the old players complained now or praise it now, they have already used that o advance faser
This is just not true and I consider it very unfair argument. And I believe that the people who praise the change now are mostly those who were NOT abusing the system. I mean why praise something that takes away an advantage you have? I've never posted the so called "fair" cross tier trade for unknowing players to take. They've never been "fair", it was always a rip off. My aversion to these cross tier trades went so far that I ignored also the rare cases of the upwards cross tier (offering lower tier and asking for higher tier at the default ration) which were occasionally posted by the poor souls who didn't know better.
company just makes game harder for new players
This is where we differ the most. With the adjusted star system new players won't get into your unfortunate situation. *) They will know the value of the goods from the beginning. They can actually use their varied relics supply and the different available manufactory levels (per tier) to their advantage - they can trade part of the goods they produce most effectively also for other tiers. New players will learn sooner that they need to adapt as they develop their cities. Sometimes even deleting buildings. It's cheaper to learn it in low chapter when upgrades take few hours, not tens of them.

*) What I mean by your unfortunate situation? You lucked out and got Traveling Merchant in your Magic Academy. The stars system in Trader taught you that you can get 16 T1 goods for each 1 T3 good you get from your TM. The amounts in your trades were small, so some bigger players took you trades to help you. I'd like you to understand that the people weren't taking your trades, because they were fair. They were taking your trades to HELP you. The problem is: how could you know that if the Trader labels the trades fair? And now you were hit hard by the change. I'm very sorry it happened to you and I wish you luck in recovering the balance. The new players will fortunately never get into your unfortunate situation, because no one will teach them that 1 T3 is worth 16 T1.

QFol2

Conjurer
The amounts in your trades were small, so some bigger players took you trades to help you. I'd like you to understand that the people weren't taking your trades, because they were fair. They were taking your trades to HELP you.

Yes! This!

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
So who do you expect should be taking your "fair" 1:16 trades? Are you willing to send your 16x T1 in exchange for 1x T3?
and once more you miss the point of thepost
as i said GRETA for max players DISASTROUS for new ones
read my whole post see what is my point

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
And to finish off talking to this echo champers
I SAID MY OPINION
i have the right not to like the update as you have the right to like it
what troubles me is either you do not speak english or did not bother to read my comment
none of the replies actual talks on what i said
thank you for your time this now is a pointless if you answer on what ever is on your mind and not on what i said.
thank you

Timneh

Artisan
I am almost ready to start the last chapter of the game and in my time in the game i have never placed or taken a cross tier trade. Cross tier trades are not essential to progress in the game. You can concentrate on boosted goods and trade for the other ones in the same tier.

Hekata

Artisan
@ANIKHTOS I have checked out our city and if you don't mind I can give you some possible solutions to your problem.
Your boosted T1 is planks and yet you have 4 steel and a few marble factories. Those non-boosted factories are worthless, they will never give you nearly enough goods. Actually the amount they give is ridiculous compared to your boosted factories. If you don't believe me you have a whole section on Elvenar gems of knowledge explaining why there is no use in keeping non-boosted factories. So sell them and you'll have space, pop and culture for more planks which you can then trade.
Also of all your planks factories only one is at Lv10, upgrade the others. When you sell the steel and marble ones you'll have the pop.
You mention going faster a few times but this is slow game. When I started there were no instants of any kind so it was even slower than now. It's a game of patience and endurance.
Hope this helps :)

Deleted User - 1759805

and once more you miss the point of thepost
as i said GRETA for max players DISASTROUS for new ones
read my whole post see what is my point
No, I didn't miss anything. But you haven't answered my question - who are you expecting to be on the other side of these trades, and why (hint: @FieryArien already answered it for you)?