• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.92

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the changes that'll come with version 1.92.

We're looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser8573

Thank you for implementing private messages to mobile. It means the gap between PC and mobile players is a lot smaller.

Some fellowships have been fully out of reach for mobile players since they require you to send message before accepting. Also sending fellowship invites to your neighbours has been useless since half of the players can't see those invites :)

Next step is improving leaderboards and AW donations

Edit: i cant wait for this update! Private messages open so many possibilities :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8409

Good to have messaging enabled but it will only be fully useful once AW donations becomes available. Can you please confirm if the mobile development team is working on AW donations and whether there is a timescale for it please @Muf-Muf ?

Pauly7

Magus
Excited to see mobile messaging come to life at last, but I second the comment about AW donations too.

DeletedUser8632

With all the excitement about messaging, an important freedom is being taken away from us: the right to speak as we choose, or worship a non traditional religion, in these messages.

If you refer to the profanity filter then I a) very much disagree and b) do not exactly understand what this has to do with non traditional religions?

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
The messaging feature on mobile is great news for both AMs/recruiters and mobile players alike. I also agree that being able to spend into other players wonders is needed to fully participate in the game.

The profanity filter - I don't need it. These tend to get in the way when you expect it least while being easy to circumvent if you want to. No big deal anyway - I don't care whether we have it or not.

DeletedUser1874

With all the excitement about messaging, an important freedom is being taken away from us: the right to speak as we choose, or worship a non traditional religion, in these messages.
The profanity filter is understandable and probably out of Inno's hands due to Apple and Google store policies on mobile apps, but what about the non-traditional religions part? If they're censoring religions as a whole to avoid flame-wars I might be ok with that, but I wouldn't certainly be ok if the ban would only affect certain religions. I mean, Inno isn't based in Saudi Arabia and last time I checked there's freedom of religion in Germany.

Gargon667

Mentor
Awesome update! One of the two biggest (and probably the bigger one of those two) issues with the mobile App solved!

Lelanya

Mentor
The Release notes say:
"Profanity filters that previously only applied to user names & chat now also apply to private messages, censoring a list of predefined blocked words."

Profanity: blasphemous or obscene language.
a swear word; an oath.
irreligious or irreverent behavior.

By tradition, these words are based on Christian religions. Therefore, they are discriminatory, both in terms of freedom of speech, and by failing to acknowledge non traditional forms of worship.

Deleted User - 1634960

In modern parlance, 'profanity' is most often used to refer to obscene words rather than those which some minority might consider blasphemous.. Judging by the names we have had to change, the filters are not particularly strenuous. ;)

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Good to have messaging enabled but it will only be fully useful once AW donations becomes available. Can you please confirm if the mobile development team is working on AW donations and whether there is a timescale for it please @Muf-Muf ?
I can confirm that implementing Knowledge Point donations to other players' Ancient Wonders is something we want to deliver for the Mobile version. Unfortunately, there is no timeline to share for it yet. :)

DeletedUser1874

In modern parlance, 'profanity' is most often used to refer to obscene words rather than those which some minority might consider blasphemous.. Judging by the names we have had to change, the filters are not particularly strenuous. ;)
Well, in modern contexts many religious minorities such as the Gnostics and the Yazidis are still heavily discriminated against (and killed en-masse, even; I'm referring to the Yazidis here obviously) for holding "blasphemous" religious beliefs. I for one understand @Lelanya 's concerns and trust that this platform will remain religiously neutral.

m4rt1n

Adept
All I see is the same already existent filter in the chat and here on the forum just being added to game messaging, so in my opinion the f word etc. I don't really see how or why this has suddenly become a discussion about religious beliefs to be honest. No offense meant to anyone. :)