• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.92

DeletedUser8409

Try typing the F word in the chat and see what happens ;)

*Disclaimer: This is only for science ofc, I do not encourage profanity :)
I just tested it and it didn't trigger the filter :confused:

Hekata

Artisan
@randblade Really? About a year ago we discovered the filter in our FS by accident. I think someone ruined some badges during an FA (or some similar situation) and felt like expressing his annoyance with the F word in the chat and it only showed stars instead of the word. Then we all took turn playing with it and laughed at the stars :)
I didn't know it's off now, I hope you FS won't mind your test :oops:

m4rt1n

Adept
@Muf-Muf do we have a date yet for the messages on mobile, I have already done the app update, but it says messaging will start when the app update is available to all.

It would be great for the Adventure that starts on Monday.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Update: the Mobile Messages have been enabled now. They will also work if you still have app version 1.91, but we strongly recommend updating to 1.92 as we've fixed a couple of bugs related to the feature in that version. :)

Pauly7

Magus
I like the look, etc, of mobile messaging, but I think this needed a bit more Beta testing and bug fixing.

Only landscape mode is available, but only a few lines of text can be seen above the keyboard. Once you have typed a bit of text it seems really really hard to persuade it to scroll at all and when I try to force it to then it quickly gets upset. Lastly I've found that once I've typed a few lines then the new text I'm typing stops appearing. It is there, but it needs me to scroll up and down to make it pop up (then see previous scrolling problem).

Pauly7

Magus
I like the look, etc, of mobile messaging, but I think this needed a bit more Beta testing and bug fixing.

Only landscape mode is available, but only a few lines of text can be seen above the keyboard. Once you have typed a bit of text it seems really really hard to persuade it to scroll at all and when I try to force it to then it quickly gets upset. Lastly I've found that once I've typed a few lines then the new text I'm typing stops appearing. It is there, but it needs me to scroll up and down to make it pop up (then see previous scrolling problem).
Sorry, just dragging up and old thread because I made this comment way back when and there was no response on it.

@Silmaril do you know if this is a known issue being addressed or do I need to open a support ticket?

The main problem is that when typing a message on mobile it is OK for the first 2 or 3 lines, but then suddenly no more new text appears. Sometimes starting a new paragraph will make it blink back into existence or otherwise I can fight with it trying to make the message scroll up and down a few times which can also sometimes make the rest of the text appear.

Pauly7

Magus
Not limited characters. Text you are typing just stops appearing after a few lines and then will occasionally reappear after starting a new paragraph or after running your finger up and down the screen several times to try to make it scroll.

I find mobile messaging almost impossible to use unless I limit messages to a couple of sentences.

Errandil

Conjurer
I believe that it has more to do with the keyboard and how it handles multi-line input than with the game itself. So there's not much they can do with it, aside from removing the ability to start new paragraph and making the input the same as in the chat. I ended up just typing long messages somewhere else and then just copy-pasting them to the game, works fine.

Pauly7

Magus
I copy paste messages in on the PC sometimes, but it seems that might be almost as much of a headache trying to do the same on mobile... I can see how that's a possible solution though.

That being said I don't think I can blame the phone's virtual keyboard when Elvenar's messaging system is the only place I've ever had this issue. For example I'm typing this message on my phone and the text is reacting exactly as it should.

Errandil

Conjurer
That being said I don't think I can blame the phone's virtual keyboard when Elvenar's messaging system is the only place I've ever had this issue. For example I'm typing this message on my phone and the text is reacting exactly as it should.
I was thinking about it when I was typing my message from the phone, but for some reason in elvenar app text isn't translated to the game letter by letter even in chat, so you have to scroll horizontally your message if it's long enough, which was already annoying. Since I've seen this implementation in more than one game, and it has exactly the same input interface everywhere, I believe that this input window is provided by the keyboard and it's not perfectly suited for the big volumes of text, especially when it's multi-lined.