• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

version 1.89

DeletedUser3097

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the upcoming update to version 1.89.

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

kimkimkim

Summoner
Did I just read that correctly! o_O - Magic Workshops and Magic Residences have been added as rewards for the Spire of Eternity. They can be won by finishing some of the many encounters in the Spire.:eek: This could be a game changer for some people, it has peaked my interest for sure.:cool:

Killiak

Artisan
Bug fixes and UI fixes are always very interesting and nice, of course.

What made me raise an eyebrow is premium buildings become part of the spire rewards. I am curious as to why Inno would make these available for, what comes down to, free.

DeletedUser8409

At what odds and on what maps [or all, or just mystery chests] can the Magic Buildings be won?

Presumably these have replaced something else that could have been won previously? Have the reduced the odds of Spire buildings being won, or something else, eg Portal Profits?

I think the Spire is fun and a good challenge and the possibility of winning the Magic Buildings was suggested when the event was first announced but I hope this doesn't make existing Spire buildings like Library less likely. Afterall the Moonstone Set buildings can only be won in Spire and without the full set a number of the buildings don't make sense.

If its replacing Spire buildings I'm not impressed, if its replacing the odds of Portal Profits though which can be won elsewhere, then I'm all in favour!

LazyTony

Sorcerer
I wouldn't get too excited. While its a welcome additional prize, I'm pretty sure that anything with a cost of 1400 diamonds will be in very few (maybe even 1) chest and have very low odds.

DeletedUser

Quests - Quests requiring a specific building level have had some of the required levels adjusted to properly reflect the lowest available building level for either of the races for the respective Chapter.

So if I understand this correctly they made all the level requirements the same now? Thus the -1 and -3 chapter is no longer valid? or is it still: "Sort of, maybe, possibly it isn't correct but we fly with it." As per below answer from a few days ago

The table's information is also shown in the popup on the actual Quest:

index.php
index.php

However, there will be slight variations as you pointed out due to the differences between Elves and Humans.

DeletedUser8409

So if I understand this correctly they made all the level requirements the same now? Thus the -1 and 03 chapter is no longer valid? or is it still: "Sort of, maybe, possibly it isn't correct but we fly with it." As per below answer from a few days ago
Sounds like they've gone with lowest-common-denominator.

So -1 and -3 will work, but if the other race had lower requirements at -1 or -3 you have their lower requirements to be on the same footing as them.

If so, it seems fair.

Deleted User - 1759805

I am curious as to why Inno would make these available for, what comes down to, free.
It's a smart move, if I'd be them I'd be giving away magic buildings for free - in the early chapters. Once you have them, you will need to upgrade them - and that's certainly not free. And it's a lot harder to drop a magic building (FOMO again) than to never get it in the first place.

Killiak

Artisan
and that's certainly not free.

The point is that it can be. If you are going play this game, you are spending time on it anyway. Diamonds can be gained from spire, wishing wells and mystical objects. Not to mention that blueprints can be gotten from tournaments, once you can get into a fellowship that has the strenght to push for these.

The only thing you need is time. So I suppose Inno is banking on people's impatience.

Deleted User - 1759805

The point is that it can be. If you are going play this game, you are spending time on it anyway. Diamonds can be gained from spire, wishing wells and mystical objects. Not to mention that blueprints can be gotten from tournaments, once you can get into a fellowship that has the strenght to push for these.

The only thing you need is time. So I suppose Inno is banking on people's impatience.
Sure. From that perspective, gaining magic buildings - just as upgrading them - can be "free". You can certainly collect enough diamonds to buy MR or MW - it is just usually not a great use of diamonds, until perhaps quite a bit later in the game. But time is the ultimate currency in this game, you can gain just about anything here if you spend enough time, even with very few resources. The only exception to that is decaying goods.

DeletedUser1874

If its replacing Spire buildings I'm not impressed, if its replacing the odds of Portal Profits though which can be won elsewhere, then I'm all in favour!
Ditto. Plus I would've preferred BPs or RRs instead. One can only maintain a given amount of magical and event buildings up to date without having to spend diamonds to make up for the missing BPs / RRs... so I feel this is just another ploy to get us into spending diamonds. If it's replacing PPs, whatever - they seemed to the design the Elvenar chapter as to make them useless up until the end anyway, and it's fair to assume we're all sitting on a huge pile of them. But if it's replacing set buildings or even time boosters, then meh.
If Inno did this as an improvement for us players, they simply would've buffed the amount of diamonds that can be won in the Spire. However they gotta make money, ever more money, so they came up with this instead. Smart move, and an improvement for their financial gain - less so for us players.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
The only players who don't benefit from adding MW/MR to the spire are those who have already bought all they need. Everyone else is better off.

Errandil

Conjurer
I too hope that it doesn't lower the chances to get the spire set. Anyone knows in which chests the new rewards should be? Just to be sure to not get them before the update.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
If you're not winning 10 chests every week and getting a BP for a free upgrade, then you don't want to. Its absurdly easy now with fire chickens brown bears etc. 3k tourney points used to be a top 5 finish, back then your argument had weight. These prizes are going to be rare enough folks will only get a few at best, no one is going to be able to stack their city with 20 MR and 5 MW for free.

DeletedUser1874

If you're not winning 10 chests every week and getting a BP for a free upgrade, then you don't want to. Its absurdly easy now with fire chickens brown bears etc. 3k tourney points used to be a top 5 finish, back then your argument had weight. These prizes are going to be rare enough folks will only get a few at best, no one is going to be able to stack their city with 20 MR and 5 MW for free.
And yet there's people complaining that they can't get 10 chests a week on the forums, and the silent majority who doesn't manage to get them doesn't even read the forums, but it's easy to figure out the numbers by scrounging through elvenstats. Also, there's the matter of newer players not getting the firechicken (sure it's craftable now, but what about stages?) and/or whining about not being able to get bears.
I'm none of the above, mind you, so I personally have no reason to complain. Still, many do - well, not many, not given how little people bother with the forums, but you get where I'm getting at, and think of the silent majority in game.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
No one can win 10 chests a week on their own. But if you are motivated, 1600 points per week and an FS move is simple. I reiterate - if you're not winning 10 chests its not a priority for you. Not everyone achieves relatively simple goals, some don't want to, like their current FS too much etc. That doesn't mean the goal itself isn't easy.

Deleted User - 106219

Initially on Beta the Magic Residence was a possiblt reward at the last boos of the first stage, with a very low chance to get it (5%, I think). However there was a bug where Elven players were getting Human Magic Residence, and trying to place it would result in an error (which lked to this reward getting removed in the frist place). I assume the bug is now fixed - it will be really embarrassing if it turns out the bug is still there - but I doubt the odds to get it will be higher than 5%.

Deleted User - 1759805

The only players who don't benefit from adding MW/MR to the spire are those who have already bought all they need. Everyone else is better off.
Ehm, no. You would be correct if "adding" would indeed be just that - adding. But I am pretty sure that in order to add something to the existing chests, they will need to remove something. And I for one would much rather have just about anything else than MW/MR (well, probably not coin instants).

DeletedUser1874

No one can win 10 chests a week on their own. But if you are motivated, 1600 points per week and an FS move is simple. I reiterate - if you're not winning 10 chests its not a priority for you. Not everyone achieves relatively simple goals, some don't want to, like their current FS too much etc. That doesn't mean the goal itself isn't easy.
Let me rephrase: there's people complaining they can't find a 10-chest FS but would want to. That winning 10 chests is easy wasn't even being questioned... and a large number of 10-chest FSs set their bar at 1000 points or even lower. Not that it matters, as such players tend to go well above those limits without anyone cracking a whip behind them. What I'm saying is that there's a large number of players who for various reasons, especially such as those I underlined in your comment, would benefit more from a more diluted and approach, such as more diamonds and/or RR/BP (or even fractions of BPs, what's a new currency to implement, kind of like multiple RRs are required according to squares?). And more importantly, that'd make them immune from being tempted by spending cash to upgrade their magic buildings - by having their FOMO exploited, in other words.