• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

version 1.89

DeletedUser1874

Wow. I have managed to achieve this remarkable feat 10 or more times. I must be amazing. And with tiny accounts.
I know, right? Aren't we quite the élite bunch? Let's gloat together. But wait, didn't you just mention something about, for instance, some players not wanting to leave their current FS because they like the people in it too much, even if they don't aim for the same goals?

DeletedUser1874

I just don't believe anyone who really wants to can't find a 10 chest FS. They choose not to.
Let's assume they do choose not. Because they have a strong bond with their FS on a social level for instance. Wouldn't it be better for them to have smaller bits? And wouldn't it be better for everyone - this includes the player who starts today, as well as "hardcore-casuals" like me me and very likely "true-hardcores" like you - to have one less attempt at exploiting FOMO being thrown at them?

Deleted User - 1759805

This intrigues me because your maths is normally bang on. Why would you want less pop or supplies per square?
Less than what? Regular R or WS? Sure. Until the current event, I was well on my way to zero res / zero WS setup. The best culture/pop (e.g. VR3) is better than MR, and I have enough supplies with AW/event buildings to keep my military production 24/7. Not to mention that MW still requires more pop that a regular WS. Tying myself into magic buildings that require diamonds or blueprints to upgrade and that benefits are fairly pedestrian (many ways to get pop or supplies) seems unwise. While I get max BP/RRs every week, I have so many better targets for upgrades (top event buildings) that I won't have any excess for a long, long time (assuming I won't be able to short-circuit upgrades by getting the same or better buildings in the new events).

LazyTony

Sorcerer
The best culture/pop (e.g. VR3) is better than MR

Not when you take the MR off-road ;) There is only one building with higher pop per square than an off-road MR, the Candy Tree thingie. Upgrading MR costs less BP than upgrading the equivalent pop from an event building (1 BP for 1MR, 2BP + crafting for 1 Venars 3). I get the argument on MW, it is possible to run a perfectly efficient 0 WS city. Placing an MR puts less demand on BP when advancing chapters than the buildings you already have, and provides more pop per square. The only trade off is lost culture compared to event culture/pop.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 1759805

Not when you take the MR off-road ;) There is only one building with higher pop per square than an off-road MR, the Candy Tree thingie. Upgrading MR costs less BP than upgrading the equivalent pop from an event building (1 BP for 1MR, 2BP + crafting for 1 Venars 3). I get the argument on MW, it is possible to run a perfectly efficient 0 WS city. Placing an MR puts less demand on BP when advancing chapters than the buildings you already have, and provides more pop per square. The only trade off is lost culture compared to event culture/pop.
Culture is kind of important. Here is a thought experiment (all numbers are for chapter 14):

1x VR3 = 1x MR + 1x BuildingX (this is a virtual building that need to exist to make this equation work). So let's look at the stats for this BuildingX:

5 tiles, 1500 pop, 10080 culture

So is this a good building? Yep, pretty good. This culture density is higher than anything else (AW excluded) in the game. And it even has pop density that is not too bad (certainly better than a regular residence). So unless all your other culture is better than this BuildingX (not possible), you would want to have it in your city. And if you like MW and BuildingX in your city, you want VR3 in your city instead of MR (because you would want a building that is even slightly worse than BuildingX).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1874

I guess the thing is, I don't see this being an attempt to create FOMO. For most players I know (myself included) they will sell less by giving away MR/MW.
I suppose it depends on the phase a player is in. For endgame players, yeah, they'll sell less, especially if we're talking about players that aren't already "fully loaded". For new players, or those progressing, they'll have that tasty lure of 300 diamonds per BP, on top of whatever they might want for RRs.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
So unless all your other culture is better than this BuildingX (not possible), you would want to have it in your city.

I presume you mean MR not MW, but if you are getting nearly all your pop from event buildings you are swimming in culture. I don't remember the last time my culture bonus wasn't maxed, maybe a year ago? Basically, at least at this margin, culture is utterly worthless to me. I'm all about the pop per square ;)

If we are quoting marginal cases then I would also have to add that you would be comparing an MR to your worst event culture/pop, not your best, which in my case would be a Glossy Garden, much worse than a VR3. And I suspect a Glossy Garden is far better than the vast majority of players have as their worst population provider.

Deleted User - 1759805

I presume you mean MR not MW, but if you are getting nearly all your pop from event buildings you are swimming in culture. I don't remember the last time my culture bonus wasn't maxed, maybe a year ago? Basically, at least at this margin, culture is utterly worthless to me. I'm all about the pop per square ;)
Or course, it's MR, not MW - I corrected my post. And well, the reason why I'd be swimming in culture is exactly why I'd be going with top culture/pop hybrids - if I'd mass MRs for pop, that won't be the case, would it? ;) My thought experiment basically shows that because you need both pop and culture (starting from nothing), it is better to go for best pop/culture hybrids (e.g. VR3) rather than top pop (e.g. MRs) + top culture (whatever that is). You may already have enough culture right now, but it's just not as efficient as it could be - meaning you can save some space while hitting the same numbers.

If we are quoting marginal cases then I would also have to add that you would be comparing an MR to your worst event culture/pop, not your best, which in my case would be a Glossy Garden, much worse than a VR3. And I suspect a Glossy Garden is far better than the vast majority of players have as their worst population provider.
Correct on both accounts. So if that's your least efficient pop provider then sure, MR would make sense as a replacement. For now, that is ;) I came to realization that given the pace of new chapter releases (slow), eventually we all would be able to upgrade pretty much every building we want to the max chapter. As such, nowadays I only look at the max chapter comparisons, and only reserve RR upgrades to the best buildings in their class on those metrics. This means that I would take lower chapter VR3 vs max chapter MR - because eventually they both would be the same level, and then VR3 wins. Even though in this example it may take a while before that happens.

Obviously, this only applies to rare buildings that you can't count on being offered again (or being offered anything that is better). I am in Constructs, but I was carrying my Winter Market set since Dwarves (still not fully upgraded), Carnival set since Orcs, my VR3s started in Halflings etc. While temporarily I am less efficient than I would be if I replace some of this stuff with the latest shiny buildings, I'd be better off long-term.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Oh, all my stuff is max upgraded. My 380 RR stockpile isn't gonna be enough to upgrade everything to chapter 15 though, especially with 21 VR3. My point is, there can only be a handful of players getting their least efficient population from VR3. In fact, I would be willing to bet you might have the only city that can't be improved by a MR (with the exception of those who have already bought all they need). The decision isn't VR3 + hypothetical building vs MR, its worst culture/pop vs MR, or the utterly no brainer regular residence vs MR.

DeletedUser9227

I can see they added MW to final chest in level 2 (replace Dwarven Amorer), 5% chance. This is great. :D Don't know about other levels.

DeletedUser1962

to get 1600 tourney points, is no trouble now, with the way things are set up, bird and now the bear, and with auto fight, you don't even need any brains, a six year old can do it, every f/s with 20 or more, should get ten chests every week

DeletedUser8409

I'm not impressed with losing Dwarven Armorer. Should be a lower chance on diamonds or PP not lose the Spire exclusive buildings.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Agreed, PP are virtually worthless for chapter 15. I suspect it will be the same for future chapters - PP are to help new players race through the chapters and catch up, not for end game players to finish a new chapter in a week. I'm starting to see PP as disenchant fodder, and even that is pretty worthless when I have so many fragments from the spire.

alsael

Enchanter
well a MR with a 10% chance at the boss chest of map 1 spire is nice,replacing PP spell.And I think they have boosted the chest rewards also?or is it my idea?

dbrad000

Alchemist
When Inno announced the spire, the MW and MR were included in the reward list, and I, for one, was excited at the proposition of being able to win buildings that were normally only obtainable with diamonds and would be permanent additions to my city. When there were issues on Beta, and the Spire came to live servers without the MW and MR, I thought that was the end of it. I thought they had been removed from the prize pool and would not be returning (especially with the amount of time the Spire took to make it to live servers). Personally, I am happy the MW and MR have returned to the prize pool, as I have not been otherwise enamored with the prizes from the Spire. I may even push beyond the first level of the spire every week because of the new addition. :)

Deleted User - 1759805

Agreed, PP are virtually worthless for chapter 15.
You may want to look again if you care about moving fast(er). I am aiming for 1000%+ PP use there - unless you can build settlement the size of half of your city, which will be ill-advised as you will need all the space you can scrounge for sentient goods production. With smaller settlement this chapter can take 4+ months to complete.

That's a lot of PPs for those who didn't have the benefit of long downtime in-between chapters.