• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.67 + Crafting

TheBonker

Adventurer
thats ok if your a fighter, but doesnt help a negotiator.
TBH not to want to convert yourself or anybody else but those vallorian guards are almost bulletroof in the 1st couple of provinces1-3 in the crystal and silk tourneys(only)could save some goods, maybe. As we have a sort of proper attempt every 2 Weeks in the tourneys those who cater mostly have found it useful.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
I agree and do use troops for a few tourny rounds before negotiating. Just be nice if there were some buildings to help with resources other than just troop buildings. So if there were a few old set buildings we could build to boost resources as well, just to make it fair for both fighters and negotiators.

TheBonker

Adventurer
I agree totally with what youre saying. All Ive seen so far is the travelling merchant in there , cannot even begin to compute the amount of 9hr collections off that to cater a round 5 province 6 scrolls or dust tournament:eek:

KermitsDad

Alchemist
Crafting...
You visit the crafting shop and there are 5 items but none of them appeal - either not needed or you consider them a poor deal.
Shop says: Come back later to see the next 5 items I'll have - You think OK.

Shop also says "Pay to see now the next 5 items I'm going to have"
You think : I've never paid to see what a shop is going to sell and never will - lol

Later you go back to the shop and again it has just 5 items and again none of them appeal.
You repeat this a few times and conclude the shop is a waste of time.

Real World - Shop goes out of business - failed because it's business model sucked.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
it just doesnt make sense to have crafting recipes for items that you can already make/get yourself quicker eg. relics, kp, spells. give us something that is actually beneficial to the city besides troop buildings and small culture items.

Timneh

Artisan
I have stopped making the catalyst spells because i have seen nothing that i want so far from the things hat have been available from crafting. The free spells that inno gave us will probably sit in my inventory for ever along with all the other stuff that i will never use.

Lelanya

Mentor
Where do I start? I am playing 5 of my cities right now.
I've crafted a portal refill, 2 Vallorian Valors and a Grounds of the Orc Strategist. Also traded out a 2 year old winter shrine - it went from 250 to 1320 and didn't cost me valuable snowflakes :)
But I have also opened menus with 4 relics and a coin rain. Um! My lowest relic count is 1113. Gold. Hmmm I rarely pick up my houses cause I do not need the aggravation of finding yet another use for gold.
Today I am offered an opportunity to gain 3 broken rune shards. :(
So you understand: my bar is nearly always full! On a bad week - when I am ill AND slacking on tourney - it might be half a week before it fills. I HAD an Enar placed and never ever used the broken shard from it.
Come on. Is my something good coming up when I'm asleep? Lol

m4rt1n

Adept
I've mostly been crafting time boosters and supplies refills along with better unicorns to replace some of my old ones. :)

DeletedUser

I'm with @Lelanya on this one, 2 main cities sitting at the end of Amuni, the only things I would make are the Vallorian Valour and Orc Strategists but they come round very rarely - I don't need spells, coin rains, supply windfalls, extra kp, culture buildings, I have 20 catalysts waiting for use but so far I've made nothing... it seems to me that the larger cities which will have 2 or 3 pages of unwanted event buildings will be able to use it the most except we have no need; and the tiny cities which have very little of anything to disenchant would have the most use for it but need their spells and only try and get event buildings they actually want... nice idea, doesn't really work in practice IMHO.

DeletedUser5976

I do make the temporary military buildings and buildings like Vallorian Valor and at the start of the crafting replaced two small culture buildings and even though something interesting doesn't come along very often, I would have been out of the catalyst spells without the gift of yesterday. But I of course can't fill my city with Valloriai Valors or Orc Strategist buildings, so I'll probably switch to making time instants after some time.

And I must say I'm not sure what's worse, having the fragments and spells and nothing to craft or not having the spells and then having something interesting to craft.

Last edited by a moderator:

Killiak

Artisan
Crafting, for me, boils down to actually having a potential use for summonings that I otherwise won't use.

So I went from "useless" to "a bit useful". Small victories folks.

m4rt1n

Adept
I'm liking the crafting more after opening my first Mystical Object and winning 8 x 8 hour time boosters, avoiding luckily the 25kp and Venar's Rocks II.

My next Mystical object contains 500 Diamonds 5 x 10 kp instants and Goat Rock's. I know what I want then, we will wait and see. :diamond::):diamond:

DeletedUser5306

Hello, I am an active tournament player and indeed thanks to tournaments, I win and store several blueprints together with a lot of spells. However, I don't disenchant them, I rather use them as they are a precious help to me and my city.

I have the same dilemma as anybody else as to which building to disenchant (which I don't have in quantity since they all come from past events and I tend to replace any obsolete building or with lower stats than those that I win ASAP) but what I do get in large quantities for disenchanting (and not from tournaments but from Events!) are Coin Rains and Supply Windfalls. Those I disenchant actively, since I don't need them, my city being balanced enough to always staying topped, or if I really need coins, I just visit my neighbors with the app and get my coin bar full again. Needless to say that the crafting feature is worth it especially if you have your MA fully upgraded, which I did upgrade recently thanks to the Wishing Wells I won again from Events. And Winter Event is right around the corner for more of those!

Thanks to Coin Rains I am crafting non stop, yes especially military buildings, a few small culture buildings to fill empty spots but also KP instants which help with upgrading my wonders and getting my city even more efficient.

All in all, I am enjoying it, I am one of those crafting enthusiasts, yes it could get improved and perfected but I guess I see it as a funny way to give me more stuff while getting rid of other I don't really need. Plus I am excited about the Mystical Object at the end. :p
Wanted to also point out that personally tournaments have not helped me more for this feature and as I said before I am basing my crafting essentially on the wins of past Events.

Last edited by a moderator:

m4rt1n

Adept
Hello, I am an active tournament player and indeed thanks to tournaments, I win and store several blueprints together with a lot of spells. However, I don't disenchant them, I rather use them as they are a precious help to me and my city.

I have the same dilemma as anybody else as to which building to disenchant (which I don't have in quantity since they all come from past events and I tend to replace any obsolete building or with lower stats than those that I win ASAP) but what I do get in large quantities for disenchanting (and not from tournaments but from Events!) are Coin Rains and Supply Windfalls. Those I disenchant actively, since I don't need them, my city being balanced enough to always staying topped, or if I really need coins, I just visit my neighbors with the app and get my coin bar full again. Needless to say that the crafting feature is worth it especially if you have your MA fully upgraded, which I did upgrade recently thanks to the Wishing Wells I won again from Events. And Winter Event is right around the corner for more of those!

Thanks to Coin Rains I am crafting non stop, yes especially military buildings, a few small culture buildings to fill empty spots but also KP instants which help with upgrading my wonders and getting my city even more efficient.

All in all, I am enjoying it, I am one of those crafting enthusiasts, yes it could get improved and perfected but I guess I see it as a funny way to give me more stuff while getting rid of other I don't really need. Plus I am excited about the Mystical Object at the end. :p
Wanted to also point out that personally tournaments have no helped me more for this feature and as I said before I am basing my crafting essentially on the wins of past Events.

I could not agree more, the mystical object at the end has me selectively crafting small buildings for the best "thingies green s type, no idea what they are called" then I disenchant and craft again.

I have a level 5 Academy as I have always used spells from starting playing the game. It helps a lot with space being able to use spells rather than having 12 Workshops, I only need 8 and am contemplating going to 7.

My Academy is now making Combining Catalyst, 24/7 as I get more than enough of every other spell and spares to disenchant from the weekly tournament.

To my surprise I am now hearing players complain that did not even build the Magic Academy to begin with, I bet the same players don't take the optional squad upgrades either and complain also. Its all about balance, last week I scored 4k plus in the tourney and average over 3k a week and have taken all squad upgrades, spent few diamonds, just on a level 5 Academy and level 4 builder almost 2 years ago when I first started playing.
For reader info I'm up to the second squad upgrade into the Elementals, and my troops and fights are becoming easier due to the effects of the wonders I have built and constantly upgraded to offset every squad upgrade and 395 provinces solved and all scouted and ready are green so no waste of goods or troops there either with an easy manual fight of 0 losses on most cases. :) .

Last edited:

DeletedUser6503

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the update to version 1.67, and our brand-new Crafting feature that will be part of the update for Elvenar International tomorrow already!

We're very much looking forward to your feedback, so do let us know what you think!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

I am part way though a "gain 6 enchantments of your choice" task in the winter magic event. I have just crafted 2 enchantments using previous disenchanted fragments & catalyst but the 2 newly crafted enchantments did not register as having been gained for the task when I collected them. They did show up in my inventory, just didn't register for the task. grrr

Susie49

Soothsayer
I dare say many of you will think me weird but I like crafting.

I have crafted lots of useful things - e.g. single-space culture buildings (flower arbors), upgraded unicorns, upgraded vallorian valor, grounds of the orc strategist, mana sawmill, and lots of time instants so that I can use them without having to worry about replacements.

I had hundreds of spells from tournaments and have disenchanted the surplus, plus some of my excessive number of coin instants. I have also disenchanted unwanted buildings, including the ones I won for completing the crafting cycle.

So far I have had enough to craft whatever I have wanted so no complaints about crafting from me :)