1. Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Dismiss Notice

Update Discussion Version 1.67 + Crafting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Muf-Muf, Nov 12, 2018.

1. TheBonker

TheBonker Seeker

TBH not to want to convert yourself or anybody else but those vallorian guards are almost bulletroof in the 1st couple of provinces1-3 in the crystal and silk tourneys(only)could save some goods, maybe. As we have a sort of proper attempt every 2 Weeks in the tourneys those who cater mostly have found it useful.

2. Thagdal

Thagdal Soothsayer

I agree and do use troops for a few tourny rounds before negotiating. Just be nice if there were some buildings to help with resources other than just troop buildings. So if there were a few old set buildings we could build to boost resources as well, just to make it fair for both fighters and negotiators.

3. TheBonker

TheBonker Seeker

I agree totally with what youre saying. All Ive seen so far is the travelling merchant in there , cannot even begin to compute the amount of 9hr collections off that to cater a round 5 province 6 scrolls or dust tournament:eek:

Thagdal likes this.
  4. KermitsDad

KermitsDad Alchemist

Crafting...
    You visit the crafting shop and there are 5 items but none of them appeal - either not needed or you consider them a poor deal.
    Shop says: Come back later to see the next 5 items I'll have - You think OK.

Shop also says "Pay to see now the next 5 items I'm going to have"
    You think : I've never paid to see what a shop is going to sell and never will - lol

Later you go back to the shop and again it has just 5 items and again none of them appeal.
    You repeat this a few times and conclude the shop is a waste of time.

Real World - Shop goes out of business - failed because it's business model sucked.

Thagdal likes this.
  5. Thagdal

Thagdal Soothsayer

it just doesnt make sense to have crafting recipes for items that you can already make/get yourself quicker eg. relics, kp, spells. give us something that is actually beneficial to the city besides troop buildings and small culture items.

Lelanya likes this.
  6. Timneh

Timneh Illusionist

I have stopped making the catalyst spells because i have seen nothing that i want so far from the things hat have been available from crafting. The free spells that inno gave us will probably sit in my inventory for ever along with all the other stuff that i will never use.

Thagdal likes this.
  7. Lelanya

Lelanya Shaman

Where do I start? I am playing 5 of my cities right now.
    I've crafted a portal refill, 2 Vallorian Valors and a Grounds of the Orc Strategist. Also traded out a 2 year old winter shrine - it went from 250 to 1320 and didn't cost me valuable snowflakes :)
    But I have also opened menus with 4 relics and a coin rain. Um! My lowest relic count is 1113. Gold. Hmmm I rarely pick up my houses cause I do not need the aggravation of finding yet another use for gold.
    Today I am offered an opportunity to gain 3 broken rune shards. :(
    So you understand: my bar is nearly always full! On a bad week - when I am ill AND slacking on tourney - it might be half a week before it fills. I HAD an Enar placed and never ever used the broken shard from it.
    Come on. Is my something good coming up when I'm asleep? Lol

8. Sir Derf

Sir Derf Soothsayer

A shop who relies on a single customer would be a bad business model in the first place.

9. m4rt1n

m4rt1n Necromancer

I've mostly been crafting time boosters and supplies refills along with better unicorns to replace some of my old ones. :)

10. Lisica

Lisica Illusionist

I'm with @Lelanya on this one, 2 main cities sitting at the end of Amuni, the only things I would make are the Vallorian Valour and Orc Strategists but they come round very rarely - I don't need spells, coin rains, supply windfalls, extra kp, culture buildings, I have 20 catalysts waiting for use but so far I've made nothing... it seems to me that the larger cities which will have 2 or 3 pages of unwanted event buildings will be able to use it the most except we have no need; and the tiny cities which have very little of anything to disenchant would have the most use for it but need their spells and only try and get event buildings they actually want... nice idea, doesn't really work in practice IMHO.

Timneh, shadowblack and Lelanya like this.
  11. LadyHavva

LadyHavva Scholar

I do make the temporary military buildings and buildings like Vallorian Valor and at the start of the crafting replaced two small culture buildings and even though something interesting doesn't come along very often, I would have been out of the catalyst spells without the gift of yesterday. But I of course can't fill my city with Valloriai Valors or Orc Strategist buildings, so I'll probably switch to making time instants after some time.

And I must say I'm not sure what's worse, having the fragments and spells and nothing to craft or not having the spells and then having something interesting to craft.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  12. Killiak

Killiak Illusionist

Crafting, for me, boils down to actually having a potential use for summonings that I otherwise won't use.

So I went from "useless" to "a bit useful". Small victories folks.

m4rt1n and Lelanya like this.
  13. m4rt1n

m4rt1n Necromancer

I'm liking the crafting more after opening my first Mystical Object and winning 8 x 8 hour time boosters, avoiding luckily the 25kp and Venar's Rocks II.

My next Mystical object contains 500 Diamonds 5 x 10 kp instants and Goat Rock's. I know what I want then, we will wait and see. :diamond::):diamond:

Kaliartis likes this.
  14. Arimelde

Arimelde Dreamer

Advance Courtesy Note : Long post. Please just skip if lengthy rambles aren't your thing. Thank you... :)

An erratic thought, no doubt, but: wouldn't it just be SO ironic if Crafting - especially with its military-enhancing buildings (which, I'd guess, would appeal quite strongly to long-term and/or keen Tournament players - who probably also just happen, by and large, to be the very same players who have many Disenchantable Event buildings stored up) - if Crafting, then, were to tempt those very players (who would benefit the most from the promised Royal Restoration Spell) into Disenchanting their existing Inventory buildings either before the RR Spell arrives, or even on an ongoing basis after the RR finally appears as a permanent in-game item?

It also occurs to me that one single free RR Spell, while of course being very welcome, won't go very far for advanced players, but there are all those stored Blueprints waiting to be turned into RRs - again, probably (largely) owned by those same mid-to-end-game long-term Tourney enthusiasts.

I'm far from being in such a position myself, but still, I can imagine it being rather difficult to choose between whether to wait patiently for RRs to arrive, then upgrade one's Inventory-stored Culture buildings with one's former Blueprints, or instead go for a result in the here-and-now, and turn those same buildings into either newly Crafted 2x2 or 2x1 small Culture buildings (handy, perhaps, for crowded late-game Cities?) and/or a few (or more!) of the now-exclusively Crafting-obtained temporary military-boosters such as Unleashed Unit Upgrade, Enlightened Light Range, &c... which are naturally very helpful if one's goal is to keep winning plenty more Tourney-earned spells to Disenchant once the Inventory is empty. A dilemma, perhaps?

Leading on from this train of thought, and especially if Combining Catalysts are not to be added to Tournaments, a further difficult choice - this time mainly for the less-advanced players amongst us - will be how much Magic Academy time to devote to making CCs vs the normal everyday spells (MM, PoP, etc., and especially IM in my own case). The question at present is how many everyday spells can even be won from Tourneys... thinking here in terms not of the top-ranking FSs, for whom individual Provinces 12+ at 5-6* and FS Chest 6+ is regularly possible, but rather considering the comparatively lower achievement level of many average, relaxed and/or half-inactive FSs, many of which begin to struggle at around individual Province 5-8 (at around 3-4*) and/or at FS Chest No.3 or so. Without paying a fair bit to upgrade the Magic Academy to 4 or 5, I'd say that Tourneys will become a "must-do" each week, for most casual players who want to have enough CCs to craft the odd useful item, while also keeping up their stocks of everyday spells as well... and although I'd expect many of the players here, as with most game forums, to be quite advanced, and therefore already to consider Tournaments as an indispensable part of the game, there are in fact many less-advanced or just rather laid-back FSs in which half or more members don't even play Tourneys, and those who do often play only a few Provinces and/or rounds, with the FS winning maybe a couple of Chests but no more. Hmm... CCs or IMs? I do hope it doesn't come down to an either/or situation for casual players... that would be rather a shame, since I do find that Crafting is at least a bit of fun, and also a pleasant occasional diversion from the workaday routine of Goods and Workshop collections.

In fact, now that I think about it, Crafting could even end up rather like a merry-go-round: win Tournaments to earn spells to Disenchant into Spell Fragments to buy expiring troop upgrades to win bigger in Tournaments... rinse and repeat, maybe forever? Or perhaps an infinite round of Eventing to win buildings -> Disenchant into Spell Fragments -> Craft into small Culture and/or expiring military buildings -> more Eventing... ad infinitum? Never a dull - or at least, non-busy - moment! :D

And wouldn't it get even more scary if instead of bundles of KPs and single Portal Profit instants, Crafting were instead to feature the new type of expiring buildings, i.e. the Carting Library and Trading Outpost... or even the (arguable) Holy Grail itself, the much-discussed Wishing Well? Now THAT would prove a difficult choice indeed...! I can imagine Crafting becoming very popular, very fast... and Events becoming a mad dash to accumulate as many Disenchantable buildings as possible. Now there's a thought... I wonder if "WAI" is applicable to such a bizarre notion, or not?

Anyway. I am rambling over-much, methinks, so back on track: a hard choice to face, I'd say - finally to be able to update carefully saved old and/or prestigious (and often hard-won... especially if Diamonds were involved) Event buildings - but only at the cost of sacrificing many potential Spell Fragments which could, with time and patience, upgrade troops and improve Tournament performance... decisions, decisions, hm? :)

~ A.

PS: Again, apologies for the long post... brevity is generally not my forte...!!

15. Kaliartis

Kaliartis Soothsayer

Hello, I am an active tournament player and indeed thanks to tournaments, I win and store several blueprints together with a lot of spells. However, I don't disenchant them, I rather use them as they are a precious help to me and my city.

I have the same dilemma as anybody else as to which building to disenchant (which I don't have in quantity since they all come from past events and I tend to replace any obsolete building or with lower stats than those that I win ASAP) but what I do get in large quantities for disenchanting (and not from tournaments but from Events!) are Coin Rains and Supply Windfalls. Those I disenchant actively, since I don't need them, my city being balanced enough to always staying topped, or if I really need coins, I just visit my neighbors with the app and get my coin bar full again. Needless to say that the crafting feature is worth it especially if you have your MA fully upgraded, which I did upgrade recently thanks to the Wishing Wells I won again from Events. And Winter Event is right around the corner for more of those!

Thanks to Coin Rains I am crafting non stop, yes especially military buildings, a few small culture buildings to fill empty spots but also KP instants which help with upgrading my wonders and getting my city even more efficient.

All in all, I am enjoying it, I am one of those crafting enthusiasts, yes it could get improved and perfected but I guess I see it as a funny way to give me more stuff while getting rid of other I don't really need. Plus I am excited about the Mystical Object at the end. :p
    Wanted to also point out that personally tournaments have not helped me more for this feature and as I said before I am basing my crafting essentially on the wins of past Events.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    TheBonker and m4rt1n like this.
  16. m4rt1n

m4rt1n Necromancer

I could not agree more, the mystical object at the end has me selectively crafting small buildings for the best "thingies green s type, no idea what they are called" then I disenchant and craft again.

I have a level 5 Academy as I have always used spells from starting playing the game. It helps a lot with space being able to use spells rather than having 12 Workshops, I only need 8 and am contemplating going to 7.

My Academy is now making Combining Catalyst, 24/7 as I get more than enough of every other spell and spares to disenchant from the weekly tournament.

To my surprise I am now hearing players complain that did not even build the Magic Academy to begin with, I bet the same players don't take the optional squad upgrades either and complain also. Its all about balance, last week I scored 4k plus in the tourney and average over 3k a week and have taken all squad upgrades, spent few diamonds, just on a level 5 Academy and level 4 builder almost 2 years ago when I first started playing.
    For reader info I'm up to the second squad upgrade into the Elementals, and my troops and fights are becoming easier due to the effects of the wonders I have built and constantly upgraded to offset every squad upgrade and 395 provinces solved and all scouted and ready are green so no waste of goods or troops there either with an easy manual fight of 0 losses on most cases. :) .

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    TheBonker, Lelanya and Kaliartis like this.