• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.6 - your ideas!

DeletedUser277

A little bit of feedback on the new spell (Inspiring Meditation) . I like the spell but why can we not cast it multiple times to extend the bonus period? We can do that with the other spells. I found that my KP storage bonus ran out when I was asleep and I stopped production of KPs.

I am enjoying the other new features also - good improvements to the neighbourly help mechanics and the treasure rewards are a nice bonus :)

Thanks

DeletedUser227

Forcing me into fighting to gain ranking is disgusting. This game was sold as being open, letting us choose between economic cities or military cities based on our desires.

Previously, both strategies were equivalent as far as ranking was concerned. With the increased cost of catering and increased points from tournaments, you can kiss your ranking goodbye if you don't want to fight.

This decision by the devs is VERY disappointing for MANY people.

DeletedUser219

What focus on fighting? The tournaments are there as an additional feature for those who like the fighting aspect of the game. It is not required for the continued enjoyment of what is still, primarily, a building game. As far as rank is concerned, rank in these 'free' games is always more accessible to those who are willing/able to spend more money to attain it. I knew that when I pushed the 'PLAY NOW' button back in July, and this new feature has changed nothing.

DeletedUser227

What focus on fighting? The tournaments are there as an additional feature for those who like the fighting aspect of the game. It is not required for the continued enjoyment of what is still, primarily, a building game. As far as rank is concerned, rank in these 'free' games is always more accessible to those who are willing/able to spend more money to attain it. I knew that when I pushed the 'PLAY NOW' button back in July, and this new feature has changed nothing.

Some people glean enjoyment from having a high ranking. This update has changed the balance as far as ranking is concerned towards fighters. For someone who enjoys focusing on the economy aspect of the game as well as obtaining a higher ranking, this is a disappointment.

Is that really hard for you to understand?

DeletedUser

This update has changed the balance as far as ranking is concerned towards fighters.
So your main complaint is that YOUR ox is getting gored at the moment??

There's an interesting article at http://mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm. The author makes a good case that a MUD, or whichever acronym floats your boat, NEEDS four different classes of players in order to stay healthy.
  • Achievers like the metrics. They're going to have the top scores, and they pretty much have to know what they're doing.
  • Explorers like the puzzles. Once they've got a model that they're happy with, somebody else can turn the crank.
  • Socializers admire the Achievers, although they don't want to work THAT hard, and they don't have a clue about the Explorers.
  • Killers (or Control Freaks) like to dominate other players. Everybody hates the Killers, of course, but without wolves the deer are going to starve to death.
It's a good read, and it provides some very good reasons for VALUING playing styles that might not be your cup of tea.

DeletedUser114

It is also having to research all military techs or you become stuck as I have, this is not what I call freedom of play, but it is irrelevant for me as I have given up on the game from today :( I have knocked all my buildings except for culture down so people will still be able to visit and get their coins.

Uni.

DeletedUser971

sorry to hear that unicorn and I am sure there are going to be a few more we will not hear about that leave because of catering costs.

DeletedUser

So, here's my feedback to this update:

1. The new KP spell

This can be useful depending on your play style. However, as this spell costs relics, I just feel like this being an alternative to buying KPs. Again depending on your play style, using this spell might actually be the more costly alternative (at least for low level/newer players), or indeed beneficial (if you've already bought loads of KP via gold and goods).

2. Neighbourly Help
  • I like how the devs implemented a solution similar to my suggestion here (which can be tagged as implemented now btw) by giving us a button to directly enter a members' city without having to click their name and accidentally expel them if you're a Mage or Archmage. ;)
  • Moving the neighbourly help button is awkward getting used to. Can't complain about it, though I don't see any need for it to have been moved either. Thus it does raise the question why the time used on this feature wasn't used to fix a bug... Well, those are two completely different matters, but still. :rolleyes:
  • The treasure chest...
...What should I say? Another incentive for me to do NH? A fast, repeatable and completely free way of earning relics, KP or whatever else it may drop (almost like a random daily reward). How could I say no to that? Well, here's how:

I stopped doing NH with my neighbours about 3 months back. I stopped supporting my fellowship members about 1-2 months back. The reason is quite simple really: time. A full FS requires me to spend at least 15-20 minutes to do a complete round of NH according to players' individual needs. Having 50+ neighbours would increase that time further to the point that I'm just doing a bunch of repetitive clicking for a good hour.

Now you expect me to spend even more time by searching for a treasure chest at a random interval?

I'm sorry, but this is precisely why the saying goes "Nothing is ever free. It's always costing you something." In this case (as with most really) it's time. Time that is spent on a task that is indeed fun and interesting the first 10 times I indulge in it, and thereafter just becomes mundane, repetitive, and eventually a chore. The reward quickly becomes less and less rewarding as there is no challenge involved. Eventually I will start to not care for the reward and it will become meaningless.

Ergo: If I'm going to get a random "reward" like this, then I either want a challenge that requires skill within the game (like the tournaments for example), or this reward to be as easily obtainable as possible, such as by getting it automatically while doing NH.

All in all, this update has brought some interesting minor content with it, however it does feel a lot like one step forward and one step back. The fact that community wishes have been addressed here and there is a nice breath of fresh air though.

DeletedUser414

Could the Guild and Aid buttons be grouped together ? Makes it easier to do Guild aiding which is a fairly mundane task. Do we really need to look for the Help reward chest in another players town ? It'd be fun and exciting if it was a rare thing to do but again- Helping my Guild and neighbors is fairly tedious so something getting in the way of being done with it isn't really...wanted :D And lastly- Helping the Guild still has me flip between the 1st, 2nd and 3rd pages of the Guild members list. Could this also see some streamlining ? Other than that- great changes to the Help interface. I had already given up on being a part of a Guild that required Helping since it was such a bother to do.

DeletedUser3

I like how the devs implemented a solution similar to my suggestion here (which can be tagged as implemented now btw) by giving us a button to directly enter a members' city without having to click their name and accidentally expel them if you're a Mage or Archmage. ;)

Set to Implemented as requested - my apologies for missing that one :)

DeletedUser

Could the Guild and Aid buttons be grouped together ?
Yes, I made that request too. The Help button being down the bottom works for neighbours, since the world icon is already down there, but is awkward for fellowship visits. Putting a button to link to the members tab of your fellowship (or even a 'next member' button) down there as well would be good :)