• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.59

DeletedUser4499

I don't think the new style of the trader for offers is so bad. It is a lot more like on the app. But I agree with Cerebros. It's a lot harder to see how many goods you've in storage.
I also like that you can simply click on the next good to change the one you want, but why do we have to X the good we offer before we can change it? Why not making it a button like it's done on the app? And why do we still need to confirm the offer? If you copy the APP style, please see it through.

It also takes longer using the wholesaler, because it refreshes after every purchase whereas before you could simply click on bot items on the page and go to the next page. It really annoys me that I need to wait before I can purchase more goods.

I also dislike the fact that the FS Overview is the default tab. It not only takes longer to to do the visits because of the extra clicks, you're in constant danger of leaving your FS, because of how the 'LEAVE' button is placed. Nearly happened to me and another fellow already said it's only a matter of time before he clicks on it. So please hurry up and change the default back to Members. It really shouldn't be much of an issue.

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
suspect some changes are to help merge browser and mobile app use of the game

overall .. some changes are a tad irksome .. nothing major to report other than one fellow reporting that cancelling an upgrade lost him those and all other ranking points for a building. I've told him to clear cache, relog and do a support ticket if not solved

DeletedUser

Fellowship Tab - Please change to default to the Members tab and not the Overview tab. On a daily basis there is really nothing I need to see on the overview tab, but I do need the members tab to visit my fellowship members so that is 24 additional clicks a day that was just added as now I need to switch tabs a well.

Trader - Change is another downgrade. Again, required several more clicks to place my trades than before. The drop downs were easier to navigate and the amount you wanted to offer did not zero every time you switched goods.

Sir Derf

Adept
Recent player, first time poster...

Something odd that I first noticed yesterday, similar and worse today, which seems coincident with the update.

I do a full World Map tour for Neighborly Help, usually close to when the 23h timers end. Usually I get the first of the three treasure chest appearances in the first city I visit, and usually all three in the first 6-8 (I currently have 46 discovered). Yesterday (which would have ben the first day of version 1.59) I started visiting cities after the timers had expired on about half of the cities, and I didn't get the first treasure chest until I was about half-way through. By this point, the last previous 23h timer had expired. I ended up getting the three chests that round of cities. Today, I started my round of visits after all timers had expired. I never received a treasure chest offer.

Thoughts?

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Recent player, first time poster...

Something odd that I first noticed yesterday, similar and worse today, which seems coincident with the update.

I do a full World Map tour for Neighborly Help, usually close to when the 23h timers end. Usually I get the first of the three treasure chest appearances in the first city I visit, and usually all three in the first 6-8 (I currently have 46 discovered). Yesterday (which would have ben the first day of version 1.59) I started visiting cities after the timers had expired on about half of the cities, and I didn't get the first treasure chest until I was about half-way through. By this point, the last previous 23h timer had expired. I ended up getting the three chests that round of cities. Today, I started my round of visits after all timers had expired. I never received a treasure chest offer.

Thoughts?
the chests aren't timer based, they are reseted at midnight... like for the wholesaler costs reset. ;)
So, 3 per day, between 00h00 and 23h59, each day, no matter when you get them;

Last edited:

Sir Derf

Adept
the chests aren't timer based, they are reseted at midnight... like for the wholesaler costs reset. ;)
So, 3 per day, between 00h00 and 23h59, each day, no matter when you get them;

For me, game midnight is 6pm (Eastern Daylight Saving, -6). With it being Woodelvenstock, I am very aware when that occurs. Yesterday, I was not doing a world map tour stradling 6, as I was waiting to see what the new building would be. Today, I started my world map tour at about 7:20 pm, so a little over an hour into supposedly a new day.

Is it possible that the magic reset time is not the midnight we think it is supposed to be? I might have been doing my tour yesterday across 8pm, and today's was before 8pm.

Sir Derf

Adept
@Sir Derf
What do you mean by 23 hrs? The only timer that really matters is when the server time switches over. If the server thought you visited already 'today' it will not allow you to collect chests. Server switch over is confusing tho. For me it is 4pm for some things and 5 pm for others (UTC -7)

The countdown before you can revisit a city for another Neighborly Help is 23 hours. Or, at least, that's the timer countdown for me at my current stage of the game.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
For me, game midnight is 6pm (Eastern Daylight Saving, -6). With it being Woodelvenstock, I am very aware when that occurs. Yesterday, I was not doing a world map tour stradling 6, as I was waiting to see what the new building would be. Today, I started my world map tour at about 7:20 pm, so a little over an hour into supposedly a new day.

Is it possible that the magic reset time is not the midnight we think it is supposed to be? I might have been doing my tour yesterday across 8pm, and today's was before 8pm.
the "midnight reset" corresponds to CEST 00:00 (Central Europe Summer Time)
You can check it in the top of the wholesaler tab where there is a countdown...
When it's 0h00 there, it's also the "official" midnight in the game for events daily quests, wholesaler reset and chest renewing, no matter who is in daylight saving and who isn't...
The other way to check the game's time is to post in the chat, this one follows the game time too

Last edited:

Sir Derf

Adept
the "midnight reset" corresponds to CEST 00:00 (Central Europe Summer Time)
You can check it in the top of the wholesaler tab where there is a countdown...
When it's 0h00 there, it's also the "official" midnight in the game for events daily quests, wholesaler reset and chest renewing, no matter who is in daylight saving and who isn't...
The other way to check the game's time is to post in the chat, this one follows the game time too

Well, my wholeseller clock agrees with my Woodelvenstock, which is 6 pm for me. Yet, no chests offered when I did a full world map tour at 7:20 pm. I think that for me today and yesterday, the chest clock was resetting at about 8 pm, or 2 am CEST.

I guess it is just coincidence that the timing of my touring at this time was right when v1.59 was started.

DeletedUser4947

Really dislike that the FS window opens to overview instead of members. I nearly clicked "Leave"!
Now I have to click "Members" EVERY TIME I want to help. That's 25 Extra Clicks every day!
And I also don't like the new trader window. At all. I prefer the dropdown, less chance of erroneous sales. I went to trade Gems -- and almost traded 100 Gems for 100 Marble.

DeletedUser3451

When asked why long promised improvements (like being able to store more than 10 broken rune shards, Royal Restoration, etc) is taking so long, the answer is generally that the Elvenar devs are so very busy.
Which is why I am rather puzzled that often when there is an update we get "improvements" that nobody asked for. Like changing the order of trades (not an actual improvement IMO, but apparently the Elvenar devs thought otherwise), and now these cosmetic changes to the trader, which I also didn't want. The numbers are now a lot harder to read, so people with a small screen and/or bad eyes won't be happy with this.

How about, if it ain't broken then don't try to "fix"it, Elvenar devs?
Instead code stuff we really want and which will actually improve the game.
It would be nice to get an update we're actually happy about. :)

I agree on most of what you say, but than again, they have reasons for doing such cosmetic changes. Sometimes it also changes the code behind the visuals as well, which can impact optimization, other times it's aim is to achieve some consistency with the app in terms of how things look, so at the end we don't get the feeling we play different games on mobile and on desktop. Honestly, i deem the latter to be of low priority for me personally, but if you think of it this way, there will always be more important things to be developed and implemented, and just because we deem it unnecessary, that does not mean it actually is. We simply lack the other point of view that devs have.

All in all, I'm happy to see things being changed, even if it doesn't always suit my own preferences. My experience tells me, that the alternative would be to have close to no changes at all, which would be worse than this.

However, I do hope that unwanted changes such as the fellowship window behavior will be swiftly fixed, because it really is annoying as it is now. I wonder if it was nt released intentionally this way, so to "stimulate" us to use the app more >.<

cwgiii

Shaman
Just guessing, but I wonder if some of the recent "improvements" are driven by the long term effort to reach parity between the PC version and mobile version of the game. The devs may be forced to make "lesser of two evil" decisions in order to bring the two platforms together. Just playing devil's advocate here.

That being said: AGAIN, it would be nice for the players to be able to see a general high level "punch list" from the devs. This would help communicate what the devs see as priority to work on and strategy behind some of the seemingly random decisions. The level of frustration on behalf of the players is increasing. We are in the dark constantly and are left with that "What were they thinking" feeling.

Deleted User - 106219

Well, maybe if that live stream had been announced somewhere in the game... but it wasn't. Another fine example of team Elvenar's lack of communication.

Also, something from the first half of July is not exactly "recent"...

DeletedUser

Well, maybe if that live stream had been announced somewhere in the game... but it wasn't. Another fine example of team Elvenar's lack of communication.

Also, something from the first half of July is not exactly "recent"...
I'm guessing it fits in neatly with the Elvenar meaning of "soon"!

Elvenar seems to have its own definitions of certain words which don't equate to what they actually mean in the real world.