• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.59

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the update to version 1.59.

We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Another downgrade has come...

It starts well... I try to send a mail to a fellow from the "send mail" option of the FS list and it opens the mail system without precasting a mail with the fellow's name... Same from the buddy's city using the mail icon... what's next ? Engrave marbles with hammer and burin and send send by mule ?

/who still not working

copy/paste still not working from chat or mail

the popups when hovering on a building seem showing the right content directly atm... but perhaps it's a mirage...
Yes, it was a mirage, you still need 2 passes with the wonders status and rewards...

The new trader display will require some adaptation time but at least, the highlighted digits are deleted with only one stroke of the delete key now and it's a bit faster to change the good once you got it... thanks for that ;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser3097

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I never listen to politics words, I'm pissed of vague promises, "one day...", "soon...", "but...", etc
I've read, I didn't trust... To much blah-blah... to much effort to paint a sinking ship.
First, try to obstruct the waterways, we'll see about the fabric colors of the lounge chairs later, I saw no elve in Titanic :eek:
First things first.
I need no one to tell me what to read, I've read all the day long before you were born... But I'm no more a believer. Nuts !

Last edited:

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
GRRRRR...EVEN MORE CLICKS...now when I click the Fellowship Shield icon the default window is OVERVIEW instead of MEMBERS,,,it should really remember the last position OR have a default TAB in Settings...its not ROCKET SCIENCE
I missed this one, I prefer to close the game before to discover something "new"... See you later or never.

DeletedUser2876

GRRRRR...EVEN MORE CLICKS...now when I click the Fellowship Shield icon the default window is OVERVIEW instead of MEMBERS,,,it should really remember the last position OR have a default TAB in Settings...its not ROCKET SCIENCE
Sigh... how can something this silly even happen? Nobody minus one is going to prefer to see the front page EVERY visit...quite unsane to make it the default. I would absolutely love to hear the rational explanation for why this was necessary or an improvement.

Stucon

Illusionist
Just logged in to make same complaint. I play on a laptop and use hotkeys to speed visits up.
Now we have to wait for city to load before the 'neighbourly visit' hotkey can be used AND the extra time opening the membership page.
Taking too long to do visits

--------------------

• Just gone back into game and messages are in triplicate!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cinnamoon

Seeker
I'm totally with Jacky where the FS intro screen is concerned.

I also have to say I don't really get the change to the Trader. I don't think it's bad but it's no real improvement either. Whereas in my opinion there would be many things where the app version is REALLY superior to the browser version and I would gladly see those changed in the browser version. My two major points there would be to have the visits simplified like in the app version (while still allowing a direct visit to a city if desired but allowing the fast non-load version as default.) and the other one which becomes more and more annoying the further one progresses is that in browser version the building tabs always start on the first page which gets so boring with cultural stuff where one has to click through 14+ pages to get to the interesting parts as opposed to app where it simply opens on the latest activated page, making everything so much easier.

DeletedUser7032

it is becoming harder and harder to enjoy this game..... i mean if updating to this new chat server had actualy changed anything in regards to chat bugs it probably would have been okay..... but i still get the bug where things that are typed repeat themselves as well as the one where you type and the message you type just does not turn up in the chat so i dont see why they implemented new servers in the first place.............

then there is this new Fellowship overview default thts anoying as hell

and dont get me started on this new event style you have come up with..... the old version was superior even if people did not choose to take the smaller chests, just taking the large chest was much preferable to the shit show that the current event is

to be honest the last few "updates" have made the game go backwards rother then forwards in my opinion

Aisling1

Conjurer

With Jack & the rest on this one. It really isn't an improvement.. also, can't see the point in the trader changes..? Buttons versus drop down menus? Changes made should be helpful.. on the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" basis.. Maybe the developers need more actual players on their team? I wouldn't mind :)))

And finally, nice to know they're working on restoring the "/who" in chat, but .. when????

DeletedUser7096

Hello!

now when I click the Fellowship Shield icon the default window is OVERVIEW instead of MEMBERS
This is a known issue and is currently reported.

but i still get the bug where things that are typed repeat themselves as well as the one where you type and the message you type just does not turn up in the chat
Can you try to clean cookies and cache, please? If that does not solve the problem, please contact our Support team.

And finally, nice to know they're working on restoring the "/who" in chat, but .. when????
All we know can be found on this announcement: Behind the scenes: Royal Restoration and Fellowship Chat

Regards,
Kakashi-sensei

DeletedUser5532

I would be curious to know if the "who" function on chat is a breach of the 2018 EU Data Protection and online Privacy laws. My understanding is that it is.

JackHobbs

Adventurer
With Jack & the rest on this one. It really isn't an improvement.. also, can't see the point in the trader changes..? Buttons versus drop down menus? Changes made should be helpful.. on the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" basis.. Maybe the developers need more actual players on their team? I wouldn't mind :)))

Agree on the Trader Aisling, the Drop down menu required just one click and point to your Offer (first or subsequent) or Demand..now you have to delete the OLD offer before selecting the NEW Offer...a few lessons in screen ergonomics required here !!! It really adds far too many clicks on adding a host (multiple) of trades...

Pauly7

Magus
So firstly for the negative nelly part. I was also going to mention the sudden annoyance at the fellowship page opening at "overview" instead of the members list. I was going to be embarrassed to say it because it seems so trivial, but it seems like everyone else already got riled up about this.

Yeah, so I can't really explain why it's sooo irking, but please put it back to normal please Inno, k thanks.

I have a positive too though. As soon as I saw the trader window "overhaul" I thought - oh I'm gonna hate this like I did (and still do) when they changed that window on the mobile app, but actually it's quite smooth and clicking the tiles is much nicer than picking from drop down fields, so thumbs up on that one.

I haven't yet figured out what the comment means about inventory items with a quantity more than 99, so if anyone can shed some light on that one...

JackHobbs

Adventurer
Wow ppl!
Thanks for the improvements and fixes folks; they are appreciated :)
Thanks also to Lizzie and Kakashi for the prompt responses to player concerns :)
We will have lots to say on a couple of days when these changes hit the other servers, including remarks on a patch i hope

Yes....Thanks also to Lizzie and Kakashi....we know they are stuck in the middle...appreciate your responses ;-)

Deleted User - 384643

When asked why long promised improvements (like being able to store more than 10 broken rune shards, Royal Restoration, etc) is taking so long, the answer is generally that the Elvenar devs are so very busy.
Which is why I am rather puzzled that often when there is an update we get "improvements" that nobody asked for. Like changing the order of trades (not an actual improvement IMO, but apparently the Elvenar devs thought otherwise), and now these cosmetic changes to the trader, which I also didn't want. The numbers are now a lot harder to read, so people with a small screen and/or bad eyes won't be happy with this.

How about, if it ain't broken then don't try to "fix"it, Elvenar devs?
Instead code stuff we really want and which will actually improve the game.
It would be nice to get an update we're actually happy about. :)