• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.57

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the upcoming update to version 1.57.

We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser3451

Muf-Muf said:
Note: the Ancient Wonders will need to be activated separately from the app update itself, so it will take a bit more time before they become available than the update to app version version 1.57.
would you please explain this a bit further, or rephrase it somehow, because I seem to fail to understand it properly.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
The 1.57 update will make it technically possible, but the actual function will be activated later.
Yes, this indeed.

To be able to release the Ancient Wonders feature, we need all players to have updated to the 1.57 app version, and we have to wait some time (read: several days, ideally) after the initial release of the update. During those days, the vast majority of players will update the app (happens automatically for most people).

Once most people have downloaded the newest version of the app, we can then update the required app version you need to be able to play, meaning that anyone who hasn't updated yet after we do that, will be required to update before they can login. This is, of course, inconvenient, so we don't want to do this too soon, to give everyone as good a chance as possible to update the app in their own time.

But, for the Ancient Wonders we need everyone to be at version 1.57. If people would login with a lower app version than that and the Ancient Wonders would already be available, some parts of the app would be broken for these players, and we would like to prevent that, of course. Nothing worse than a broken game.

And, to also give an estimated time-frame of when that all will happen: we are aiming to activate the Ancient Wonders in the next week. Stay tuned, they'll be in the app soon! :)

Pauly7

Magus
My comments about this update are - I noticed no difference.

It's a pity as I was expecting the AWs to be activated on mobile, but they aren't. I know that it is explained above, but it seems to be added to the list of things promised, right now, which haven't actually happened.

I am also wondering:

• What has happened to the new blueprint spell that we can use on event buildings? I think that was dangled in front of us about 9 weeks ago now.
  • What is happening with the conversion to HTML? This Flash game deteriorates more and more day by day. Right now the PC version of the game is very close to unusable. The game will crash after visiting just one other city or scrolling through about three or four quests. I have started to use the mobile by default these days. I don't think you've said that the change is down to how horribly unreliable it is on Flash, but I am assuming.... hoping... that this is a part of it, because I can't keep playing this forever with so many crashes and progress being so hard.... especially when Inno is also purposefully adding in all of its own ways to slow down my progress as well.

Sorry, I know I am ranty today, but I'm not sure I have ever seen Inno actually comment on this reliability problem or assure us that it is going to be sorted out.

DeletedUser5976

I read on the Beta forums that they are currently testing the HTML5 version. So fingers crossed.

m4rt1n

Adept
I have a lot of feedback to give, especially about the app but no longer feel comfortable to post here as someone on staff does not like me and gave an abrupt warning about posting off topic.
Asking what has not happened yet in my post got me in trouble but every other user can ask so,
Talking about the APP version, after the update to v1.57 the problem of neighbourly help still exists @Muf-Muf .
I would explain more and this is FEEDBACK but it will get merged again into a more off topic post about chat, never to be seen again so there is no point.
I have a lot more to say but quietly so will refrain from giving INNO any more feedback as they in my opinion only want feedback that says YES, or YES men. Good Luck.

I forgot to say how wonderful and magnificent the latest changes are YES. :cool:

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
Inno will always like the Yes men because, as you say, I don't think that they really have any interest in our negative feedback. They will make whatever "improvements" to the game that they were always going to and they don't want to hear what we have to say about it, unless it's "well done Inno."

I don't think they have even commented on the NH on app issue and they haven't even commented on the unreliability of Flash - despite my message above, which is really requiring of an answer from them. Today I was just trying to do enough PC Neighbourly Help in order to pick up my three chests, but the game crashes with every new city I load. Sometimes.... just for fun.... it lets me get as far as searching around the city for the chest and then as soon as I spot it.... BOOM!

It seems they are keen on their mods keeping people on topic, but much worse of a problem is they themselves never responding to messages.

DeletedUser3097

Release Notes

Dear Humans and Elves,

We'll be updating to version 1.57 this week, which is scheduled to happen on Tuesday 26 June. For the full list of changes, please check the list below!

Bug Fixes

As with every update, we've resolved a number of bugs, among which:
  • Corrected a blimp showing how much population was added after building a Magic Residence (the amount shown was too low).
  • Prevented an error that could happen in some cases when trying to place a Magic Residence.
  • Made improvements to the way hourly Knowledge Points are calculated and given out, because the calculation could be slightly off sometimes, causing errors.
  • Made a correction to the calculation of Knowledge Points while using the Inspiring Meditations enchantment.
  • Resolved the world map continuing to scroll, even if you weren't clicking the mouse anymore.
  • Realigned the Wishing Well's overview panel.
  • Sentient Goods are now sorted more conveniently in the Trader.
  • You can once again open the Forums and Wiki through the button on the bottom right of the game.

Mobile

Note: the app version of the update is released separately from the browser version.
  • Build up your Ancient Wonders using Rune Shards and Knowledge Points to gain all kinds of great and permanent rewards for your city! Note: the Ancient Wonders will need to be activated separately from the app update itself, so it will take a bit more time before they become available than the update to app version version 1.57.
  • Made a visual improvement to the progress bar of the Tournaments when using Booster instants to reduce the cooldown times.
  • Improved the visuals of the Haunted Graveyard building in the app.
  • Fixed a bug that would prevent constructing any buildings when Population or Culture were negative.

Please let us know your feedback on the changes! You can do so by leaving a post in the discussion thread. We're looking forward to hearing from you there!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Just a friendly reminder that this thread is solely for the discussion about the last update and needs to be kept on-topic. Off-topic posts will be removed. Please see the Forum Rules if you are unfamiliar with how this Forum operates.

Please discuss any moderation decisions using private message with the Forum Team, and not on this or any other thread.

I have quoted the details of the update in the spoiler at the top of this post.

Thank you :)

CheesePlant

Seeker
I didnt see it in the patch notes but the tents and bridge graphics look amazing, who ever did them did a fantastic job... now I just want to know what it's all about

DeletedUser6644

My comments about this update are - I noticed no difference.

It's a pity as I was expecting the AWs to be activated on mobile, but they aren't. I know that it is explained above, but it seems to be added to the list of things promised, right now, which haven't actually happened.

Its working for me on mobile now. I thought the clarification provided by @Muf-Muf above was, well, clear. The ancient wonders functionality was promised, but with a note that there would be a delay in release of wonders themselves to the mobile version because of the delay in people updating the app. It is not uncommon for updated mobile apps in multi-platform games to be slower to release than desktop versions. e.g. iOS app updates usually take longer than their android counterparts because of the need for approval from the Apple overlords, so it always takes a few days before an update can be forced to allow the server-side switch to be thrown that makes new elements available.

m4rt1n

Adept
I didnt see it in the patch notes but the tents and bridge graphics look amazing, who ever did them did a fantastic job... now I just want to know what it's all about

I agree, looks very nice and I assume it's for the upcoming summer event.
It's also very nice to see the Ancient Wonders now available on the app. :)

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
Have to say ... my game crashes very rarely atm and that's the pc/browser version (chrome and opera) So perhaps its not just or mostly flash that's the issue but I'm not techy enough to know what other major factors are involved. The fact that flash seems to need upgraded just about every week is a pain .. however

Moibile app/bluestacks is very handy for some things ... helps and tournaments and when i'm away from home but otherwise, its like looking through a pair of binoculars at a game and far from ideal.

What concerns me is that a lot of game devs are concentrating hard on making their games mobile and while I realise there is a big market out there that any business would be silly to ignore .. its a very fickle market strewn with issues

Please don't disadvantage the browser players and those who stay loyal to your first game worlds in your plans to take elvenar further

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Please don't disadvantage the browser players and those who stay loyal to your first game worlds in your plans to take elvenar further
So far, the browser players still have the rather large advantage of having more features available to them. And we will, of course, continue to support our oldest game worlds as well as new ones when they're opened. One of the major things coming for the Browser version is the HTML5 version of Elvenar, which is currently being Beta-tested. This will help us keep the Browser version of Elvenar available with Adobe retracting its support for the Flash Player in 2020.

Any chance of some clues on how the event will be different from the beta version when you give us further news ?
Keep an eye on Beta for that. Actually, you can already find an announcement with some changes ingame on Beta right now. :)

DeletedUser3451

Keep an eye on Beta for that. Actually, you can already find an announcement with some changes ingame on Beta right now. :)
As far as I remember, it was announced that what is currently being tested on beta will be different from what we get on the rest servers, so I assume the question is more about the nature of those differences. Is it that the quest order will be different, or the quests will be different etc. Of course no one expects any detailed info, but at least the direction in which this will be changed?

As for the Version !.57 update - it went faster than previous ones on my android device and everything works good for me so far. I'm pretty pleased with it. :)