• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.54

firerock

Enchanter
Announcing things on the forums is an ostrich way of dealing with situations that you KNOW will cause unrest for the players. Almost all my fellowship are complaining as they didn't even know why this had happened. Your communication is shocking INNO.

DeletedUser3781

Dong!!!!!!!!!! I'm almost a thousand people behind!!! What will this affect?? I mean, will the production stop? won't i be able to train new units? and how will the negative number be positive??? by upgrading buildings??? it will take me for ever...
1. Production and training will not stop. You will not be able to build new buildings that need people, though.
2. How to get this positive, some ideas:
  • check if you don't have any more event buildings in your inventory, perhaps something you have there is now better than what you've built
  • If you haven't yet, build Golden Abyss and Mountain Halls, they give pop
  • if the event buildings you have give less pop per square than your residences, delete the event buildings and build new residences. Upgrade the ones you have if you can.
  • If you never go low on supplies, you might be able to delete a workshop or two. Check out if you have any instants giving supplies and spells boosting tools production, those will help when you have less workshops
  • Delete some armories. They are fast to rebuild if you decide you need them later
  • If you're not a dedicated fighter, delete Training Grounds and/or Mercenary Camp
  • If you are a fighter, consider deleting some manufactories. You can use Magical Manufactoring spells to help you go through this period. If you're in a fellowship, perhaps more advanced players will be able to assist you taking zero star trades from you, talk with them

Ivor914

Seeker
Well if you spent money on a building and it got changed to something else then they are in breach of contract, if you haven't spent money on the game and cant play currently without having to do a major rebuild because of their actions, they are in breach of contract ie they gave you stuff you used it they then changed it so you cant use it as you had become accustomed to... its breach..... and finally I don't trust them anymore, what is the point of doing their competitions knowing that in an unknown period of time they will change your winnings to useless buildings.

Ivor914

Seeker
I now have -2.7k population, from 300+ population I have to rebuild everything and remove a lot of stuff.... and reading on here I see a lot of people in a similar boat. I have emailed support and so far the reply is basically tough... this isn't good enough. Either set ignore population on the accounts with negative, or supply up to 12 squares for houses or supply and do your selves the required boosts to buildings. Currently if I didn't have a fellowship I was leading I would have walked.... Currently I don't know what to do to resolve the mess created by the games people......... I cannot now grow for ... well forever as I cant see me recovering 2.7k and be back to 300+ people and frankly I am not destroying all but the houses and starting from scratch ... currently at the throwing the toys out the pram stage.... Been playing for 2 years and this is an utter farce. The reward for being loyal and staying playing is a kick in the teeth.. if it isn't resolved I will be leaving after making sure all the fellowship who want to stay have new homes. I see no point in playing the event games if all Inno will do is change the rewards after a period of time. So basically you have lost the trust and loyalty of a number of long term players like me who have been with you over 2 years and made various payments out of loyalty. I now don't trust you at all, you are in breach of your contract ie this is a new game and many have complained, as you have made previous often paid for features useless and removed playability by removing populations you are in breach of contract as you are preventing play in the accustomed manner and have changed paid for items. There was no opportunity to say no to the changes and if people had said no would you have listened any more than you did to the beta players who it seems from other posts all more or less said no to the changes too.

Last edited:

Ivor914

Seeker
1. Production and training will not stop. You will not be able to build new buildings that need people, though.
2. How to get this positive, some ideas:
  • check if you don't have any more event buildings in your inventory, perhaps something you have there is now better than what you've built
  • If you haven't yet, build Golden Abyss and Mountain Halls, they give pop
  • if the event buildings you have give less pop per square than your residences, delete the event buildings and build new residences. Upgrade the ones you have if you can.
  • If you never go low on supplies, you might be able to delete a workshop or two. Check out if you have any instants giving supplies and spells boosting tools production, those will help when you have less workshops
  • Delete some armories. They are fast to rebuild if you decide you need them later
  • If you're not a dedicated fighter, delete Training Grounds and/or Mercenary Camp
  • If you are a fighter, consider deleting some manufactories. You can use Magical Manufactoring spells to help you go through this period. If you're in a fellowship, perhaps more advanced players will be able to assist you taking zero star trades from you, talk with them
Whilst some of what you say may well be true, please tell me why I should scrap half the buildings I have worked hard to build up just so their update works. It would mean removing much of my cities reason for existence, remove my trading opportunities and a lot of hard work Frankly no, and not going to happen. If they gave 12 or 10 even squares free for me and many other to plot in and build houses then maybe that would be a reasonable response but not scrap half your city and rebuild it to suite the changes inno made oh and change your style of play to suite inno too...

Ivor914

Seeker
one thing for inno to note on all the event buildings it says increase your population permanently the population before update and after update therefore has to stay the as it was a permanent increase, to do any other is a breach of their and any other contract a permanent change cannot be changed at mere whim... permanent is permanent regardless of making any changes

DeletedUser3781

please tell me why I should scrap half the buildings I have worked hard to build up just so their update works.
I never said you should do it, just listed some possibilities for people who were affected but still want to play.

DeletedUser219

@andrew914 They still increase your population permanently, just by not as much. Also, none of these buildings that were changed have been paid for. What might have been paid for was the opportunity to increase the chance of gaining these buildings, and that was delivered.

And your previous comment is claptrap. Why would you need (or deserve) 12 Expansions to make up for what can only be a faulty design?

Ivor914

Seeker
@andrew914 They still increase your population permanently, just by not as much. Also, none of these buildings that were changed have been paid for. What might have been paid for was the opportunity to increase the chance of gaining these buildings, and that was delivered.

And your previous comment is claptrap. Why would you need (or deserve) 12 Expansions to make up for what can only be a faulty design?

wow what a friendly supportive comment, however as the design was working with the previous permanent not changed populations and doesn't work with the changed and thus NOT permanent populations I would say my design was fine and working and growing and now thanks to the changes to not permanent features isn't working. As they changed they can fix it and a solution is the number of squares so I can time consumingly fix a problem they created... that's why

DeletedUser3097

Thank you @Trufsonia for your helpful tips on how to regain population and/or culture. Trufsonia's Helpful Tips

I ended up with -1200 culture on one city and removed one extra factory/ house which brought me nearer to zero. More work is needed before the sun will shine in my city again. :p

DeletedUser

wow what a friendly supportive comment, however as the design was working with the previous permanent not changed populations and doesn't work with the changed and thus NOT permanent populations I would say my design was fine and working and growing and now thanks to the changes to not permanent features isn't working. As they changed they can fix it and a solution is the number of squares so I can time consumingly fix a problem they created... that's why
Just had a quick look at your Arendyll city, if you were to only have boosted factories rather than all of them, it would make your city a lot more efficient...

Ivor914

Seeker
Just had a quick look at your Arendyll city, if you were to only have boosted factories rather than all of them, it would make your city a lot more efficient...
yes it may be but not my game style and also you have seen a load of buildings already gone. I am trying to se currently if I can get back to what I had population wise, if not then .... I had a city that worked and was balanced till the numpties messed it up.. happy game style happy progress and from the comments happy fellowship... the game is supposed to be doable any way, and I was succeeding..... as I have been playing for over two years,,, a lot of work wasted.... But thank you for a support comment and thank you for making a suggestion. Just isn't my style... and yes It would be more efficient but why should I have to change to suite the inno bunch changing their so called permeant features obviously are not permanent...

DeletedUser702

Inno fixed the problem by giving out a magic building on Beta, so it shouldn't be long for them
to do the same here!!... We hope!!!

m4rt1n

Adept
Hope you have the space to place the free buildings.;) :rolleyes:

I will be making space for the free buildings, as they are better and will replace existing buildings. Thank you Inno for the fast response in addressing the imbalance. :)

DeletedUser2699

getting the new buildings (1 house 1 other if you are in a fellowship that got to a particular level **) on Tuesday. ** bad luck if you not in a fellowship.
that said however, you will probably still need to rob peter to pay paul unless you do a bunch of the stuff Trufsonia said about removing things that cost population. Either way you go backwards in the rankings, as if you just take out the overvalued (choking on this) but now undervalued buildings you lose even more population in the process.

DeletedUser2699

Oh and Dizzie Lizzie, I am down about 4k in population now sitting on about -3.6k. I will wait until I get the replacement buildings before making any rash decisions.

cwgiii

Shaman
I will wait until I get the replacement buildings before making any rash decisions.
I am with you there.

Another reason why all of this should have been thought out and prepared for earlier (communication to ALL of the player early enough to react, having the spell ready for prime time, actually having it BEFORE the changes so that we could USE it to at least help one level of one of our structures, having the compensation buildings BEFORE the change so we could have them in inventory, ready to place)

DeletedUser441

I will need dozens of Royal Restoration spells to replace lost population , so effectively my game has been set back by many months , if not years. :( I haven't the space for more buildings at present and won't have for quite a long time judging by the Halflings settlement production times/levels.Any Province expansions are needed for building upgrades that grow in size , Premiums cost more than I get to live on every week , so are out of the question. Plus I need to raise many AWs before progressing. Oh well ! Sit back and take my time I suppose.:rolleyes:

DeletedUser4003

I will need dozens of Royal Restoration spells to replace lost population , so effectively my game has been set back by many months , if not years. :( I haven't the space for more buildings at present and won't have for quite a long time judging by the Halflings settlement production times/levels.Any Province expansions are needed for building upgrades that grow in size , Premiums cost more than I get to live on every week , so are out of the question. Plus I need to raise many AWs before progressing. Oh well ! Sit back and take my time I suppose.:rolleyes:

If we have option to level every single event building, that don't mean that we should :)
I personally will level only the best event buildings .... i wont spend these reworked blueprints on trash event buildings.
To know which one is good, check the pop or cult or mana index in architect. :)