• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.54

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the update to version 1.54.

For feedback regarding the rebalancing of event buildings, please use this thread instead. Thank you!

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Deleted User - 106219

The rebalancing is the kind of thing that should be announced BEFORE it is in the game, so that people can prepare for it (for example, by upgrading Residences to make up for lost population). Annoucing it after the fact is too late.

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
I think that is what this message thread is .. but yeah it would have been very helpful to be able to know the impact and have a chance to adjust before it hits

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
We did announce it before we installed the update: on the forums. Announcements ingame are made once the update is there, to avoid confusion.

Deleted User - 106219

Not everyone visits the forums, and players should not be required to visit the forums in the first place. You have an in-game news feature - USE IT! I don't see how an in-game announcement could cause confusion, unless it is worded REALLY unclear.

cwgiii

Shaman
We did announce it before we installed the update: on the forums. Announcements ingame are made once the update is there, to avoid confusion.

As a PMP certified Project Manager, communication is everything. We are trained to over communicate. Literally use as many methods as often as possible to get the message across. One mentor taught me to continue communicating until I hear the target audience scream "Stop, we get it!"

Different folks receive information differently. This is especially true in this game. There are sooo many tools to do this (Forums, in game pop ups, opening billboard messaging, circular messages, chat, direct e-mail (as has been used for diamonds, etc.). And I am sure I missed a few. You know this Inno. As has been pointed out many times, only a fraction of players use the Forums (shame on non-users for neglecting this resource). Shame on YOU Inno for not doing your part to make sure every player knew about this weeks in advance, to be able to prepare (if not longer). Shame on YOU Inno for not doing the work to calculate the impact on every structure for every level AND publish this via YOUR tools (you had this information somewhere, you had to have it to make the change, right?). I had to get this information on a 3rd party site (Elvenarchitect). Shame on YOU Inno for seemingly not planning this impact (or simply not caring) to hit at a less critical time. There are TWO events going on ATM. And again (similar to the Bell Spire / Lighthouse "re-balancing"), shame on YOU Inno for taking something away after the fact rather than planning from the beginning.

It is ALL about communication and planing. I get that the world is a changing environment. I get that this is an evolving game. I get that this is ONLY a game. But REALLY??? You couldn't make the effort to make sure such a drastic change wouldn't be a surprise to so many players???

As an Archmage, I have been doing my best (to keep my crew motivated, to explain what I find in the Forums, to help guide as I can, and to defend as devils-advocate when possible). But, I just can't back you up on the methods used for this implementation. I am just sad at this point.

DeletedUser4962

Stupid and absolutely horrendous ! Now having read the announcement after the rebalancing, this morning had about 198 spare population now I have negative 105. That's not rebalancing at all, it's what I would classify as disastrous. I am now considering leaving this game .

Killiak

Artisan
We did announce it before we installed the update: on the forums.

Inno, and apparently you as well, are literally deaf to feedback, making the same mistakes over and over again. You have a great game, but are messing it up with your extremely poor communication.

You honestly think that dropping an anncouncement a day and half before this update, with such huge ramifications for your playerbase, on a forum that barely reaches 1/100th of your playerbase is good enough? The mind boggles.

Seriously, you people have a GOOD game, and you often do GREAT things with it. Sadly, this kind of FUBAR crap just crushes any positivity I had built up lately. I have been retyping this post several times now, I just can't even find the right words for it. What a fail.

DeletedUser3961

I have just seen the mention pop up regarding new update. Is this the reason I have lost over 10 million coins. Seems like the game sucks more and not worth playing soon. 2 steps forward, 5 steps back.

DeletedUser702

My Population went minus! Now Innos Income will go minus 'cause me
spending any money on this game is over!! Think Management needs
to change soon because updating the game takes far to long and those
quests are silly and boring...;):mad:

DeletedUser4449

LOL I lost over 4000 in Culture and over2500 pop lol I know your making changes for the Royal Restoration Spell and think you will be offering them for real money soon, as you did this with the Knowledge points that can be used in research :). I regret putting any money into this game and will never put anymore into it .Scammers . My advice is to find another game to play :)

DeletedUser6526

Whole city is invisible now (on all 3 servers). I'm out of here. Good way to get rid of loads of players. Bye.

DeletedUser6357

We did announce it before we installed
Georgi asks Ivan:
- How's Peter? Are he OK?
- Peter's litle not okay.
- Why? What's little not good with him?
- Tomorrow they'll bury him in the cemetery.

DeletedUser1874

Very unhappy at this update, which retroactively devalues a ton of buildings many of us payed real money for. I don't see how this will turn to inno's advantage either as I won't be participating in events with real money anymore from now on, and I suppose I won't be the only one.

Cinnamoon

Seeker
such a horrible update. And as mentioned before, a warning 2 days in advance in forums only is NOT enough. Many people just reloaded their game and population went from plus to minus. I lost somewhere close to 400 population and some of my buildings got devalued to totally laughable amounts. I have one building that had 890 culture and 890 population, at 150 culture and 670 population now. I mean wow, that's what you call balancing?

The really sad thing is, it isn't surprising, it's not the first time you retroactively made buildings we worked for totally worthless and looking at how seriously player reactions are taken here it certainly won't be the last time. I don't think anyone has a problem with balancing, but a) it has to be within reason and b) how about implementing changes to new buildings and not change the ones already owned? They get weeded out anyways as the players progress.

You know, a game should be fun, that's why most people play it. But that kind of action just makes the game unpredictable and very un-fun. As you say yourself, part of the fun in this game is about optimisation and planning. I don't really see how this goes with you constantly making changes to buildings we already earned and chose to optimise our city.

DeletedUser5328

Dong!!!!!!!!!! I'm almost a thousand people behind!!! What will this affect?? I mean, will the production stop? won't i be able to train new units? and how will the negative number be positive??? by upgrading buildings??? it will take me for ever...

DeletedUser1796

Totally disgusted with this. I lost over 2000 people and around 8000 culture on Arendyll. From positive almost 3000 to - 5000+
This game used to be great. It used to be FUN...
I don't care about upgrading, make new buildings for that but you CANNOT just wipe out my entire city like this and leave me with months of game play just to catch up!!!!!!!!!! I don't have the space to build more culture buildings, it's just not possible.
I am so sick and tired of this. I worked so hard to earn those buildings, all that time and effort, not to mention coins/goods/supply spent doing the quests and all for buildings that are practically worthless since this update!! This is APPALLING!!!!!!! I can promise you now that you will never get a single penny of my real life money. EVER!!
There is now no point in doing events, quests or fellowship adventures so I won't bother...
So disappointed and cross right now...

cwgiii

Shaman
who cares about balance in game where premium features give a double advantage?

There ya go. I agree. And define "balance" for me please. That term, as it pertains to this game, is totally arbitrary. Just look in the forums and you can see countless threads discussing "balance" or lack thereof. The common thread that I see in all of those discussions is that balance is in the eye of the beholder.

Truth: there is no "balance". This update certainly does not create "balance". There will never be "balance" in this game. From what I can see now, it seems that Inno's purpose is to continually create IMBALANCE in order to slow progress, which results in some folks spending cash to compensate (as a percentage in any population will do, regardless). So sad.