• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.5 - Tournaments!

DeletedUser1877

i'm not arguing about the rewards DURING the tournament, but the rewards once the tournament is FINISHED, those rewards do absolutely NOTHING, but put you higher on a list??.... ridiculous !!! a reward should be a usefull thing, hence the meaning of the word 'reward'

DeletedUser971

If its your boost province then the rewards are ok. The rewards gave me an extra 20% on my boost from the relics collected. If its not your boost province then you have only done it for your ranking points. If you had neighbours that helped you, you would of got a few runes as well and that all adds up in the long run. Next week, hopefully the ranking points for first are a 1000. Then every week you could get up to 1000 points and that will add up and when its gets around to your boost, you will get those benefits to.

DeletedUser1877

people don't seem to get my point.... during the tournament, the rewards can be knowledge-points, relics, and even runes, but i won my neighbourhood-tournament and got relics (of a non boosted kind) and 100 ranking-points.... BOTH of these ''rewards'' were of ABSOLUTELY no use, if even 1 single coin would have been rewarded at the conclusion, i would have had a better use for it.....i invested about 60 units of troops and in the region of 20k goods to get all levels done, and got ABSOLUTELY nothing to show for it (except for glory (permanent-ranking-points))
and glory is NOT why we play this game, we play to better our cities, now can someone explain to me how having a higher ranking betters my city??????

DeletedUser114

people don't seem to get my point.... during the tournament, the rewards can be knowledge-points, relics, and even runes, but i won my neighbourhood-tournament and got relics (of a non boosted kind) and 100 ranking-points.... BOTH of these ''rewards'' were of ABSOLUTELY no use, if even 1 single coin would have been rewarded at the conclusion, i would have had a better use for it.....i invested about 60 units of troops and in the region of 20k goods to get all levels done, and got ABSOLUTELY nothing to show for it (except for glory (permanent-ranking-points))
and glory is NOT why we play this game, we play to better our cities, now can someone explain to me how having a higher ranking betters my city??????

In my opinion unless it is one of your boosted goods ( and really not even then ) the tournaments are an expensive waste of time and resources, plus as sirg1 states what good do ranking points do for our cities ?

They should never have gone live till all aspects of them were working properly..ie neighbors and a place where we could see our achievements and rewards any time we liked.

Also Runes or shards that are awarded should not be useless ones that we have already built the wonder for.

Uni.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1353

Many players play for glory! :D

I'd recommend not spending excessive amounts of resources/troops on the tournament unless you want: extra rune shards, ranking points, the tournament types relic (for example if it is your boosted good or you desperatly need more for a spell).

Personally I'm doing tournaments for KP, so I'll maybe do the first 3-5 provinces to lvl 3 or 4 then call it quits. later on when I reach the endgame and have excessive amounts of resources and troops i might consider going for tournament points to increase my ranking.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Just saying, I have zero interest in doing tournaments.
Too little reward for far too much effort.

Nothing wrong with that,you can just ignore it and enjoy the rest of the game.
But if your not on 700% bonus with your relics you might just wanna buy of the first 2-4 provinces you encounter when it's your bonus good.
those provincies are easy and cheap, and the relics are hard to gain trough provinves later in game.

DeletedUser167

so the first tournament finished and after all my work getting 3 provinces to level 2 I get a single relic as my reward? this doesn't seem worth it to me or am I missing something? All the resources and troops spent to get this one relic seem to have cost way too much as I could use them to get new provinces and get more relics and expansions on top for the same price.. where is the benefit from this because I am not seeing it...

DeletedUser

so the first tournament finished and after all my work getting 3 provinces to level 2 I get a single relic as my reward? this doesn't seem worth it to me or am I missing something? All the resources and troops spent to get this one relic seem to have cost way too much as I could use them to get new provinces and get more relics and expansions on top for the same price.. where is the benefit from this because I am not seeing it...

You can hover over the lock in the tournament menu to see what reward you will get, so it is not a surprise and waste of time. The rewards are negligible, finishing a level gives KP, which appears to be the only worthwhile thing, if you cater the cheap ones. Other than that <shrug>

HOPEFULLY another failed update will encourage the devs to start listening to their customers, might not if people are spending on the tournaments..

DeletedUser

Nothing wrong with that,you can just ignore it and enjoy the rest of the game.
But if your not on 700% bonus with your relics you might just wanna buy of the first 2-4 provinces you encounter when it's your bonus good.
those provincies are easy and cheap, and the relics are hard to gain trough provinves later in game.
Fair suggestion, CrazyWizard. However, the way the game is progressing, I highly doubt I will be sticking around long enough to hit the 700% cap anyway.

In addition, I see no point in supporting (read: having anything to do with) a feature that I see no real benefit in and which has caused a lot of disagreement and dissent amongst the players. I believe every member of my fellowship who has tried out the tournaments has subsequently abandoned them, expressing what a waste of time and resources they are, not to mention the frustration evident here in the forums. I will pass.

DeletedUser

but i won my neighbourhood-tournament and got relics (of a non boosted kind) and 100 ranking-points.... BOTH of these ''rewards'' were of ABSOLUTELY no use

I don't even see where we can see what reward we got. I just get a popup with a chest but have no idea what it is supposed to contain. Also I agree that the rewards are pointless. I was very disappointed to only get rune shards for AW I already build and have more than enough rune shards for, and on those tournament rounds, there aren't even any KP.

All in all, I agree that the tournaments are disappointing. They take a horrendous amount of time to engage in if one fights, they are buggy, since half the time you have 0 troops displayed, can do battles in "locked" rounds, or complete rounds without getting any reward popup. A few measly ranking points that take a ridiculous amount of effort to achieve don't make them worth it, especially if you are the only person in a neighborhood participating. And then you have to log on like clockwork to get the most out of them anyway.

DeletedUser971

Go ahead as if to fight and fill up with squads of swords.... once in battle surrender immediately... go back and all will be reset. This appears to work every time

with the bug Annah told me to do this and it works

DeletedUser

Go ahead as if to fight and fill up with squads of swords.... once in battle surrender immediately... go back and all will be reset. This appears to work every time

with the bug Annah told me to do this and it works

If you mean the 0 troops bug, I know how to get rid of it. It's still annoying though.

DeletedUser

instead of bringing on the tournament, they should have delivered the promised 'Drone-Riders', which, as far as i can see in the discussions, are still not being worked on for future updates.

Seems legit.
Last tournament I catered the first 2 levels on three instances. Came 300th (ish). Pretty conclusive that the majority just don't play or care about it, so doing something that people DO care about makes sense.
Unless their "whales" are playing the tournaments, then they will not change anything.

DeletedUser330

Oh
My
God

I spent thousands of good, supplies and troops (which also us supplies) to get 21st place on the recent Dust tournie... I get 250 points and 11 relics?
I rebuilt 2 armouries and upgraded barracks as well just for the sodding troops as well.

My count, is 200k Steel and Scrolls, over 1m Supplies just to get that piddly little "reward".

NO WAY AM I DOING TOURNAMENTS AGAIN.

Edited: Aider - 2016-6-4 - Profanity

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser643

Weird ... I reached 44th place and got 27 relics as final reward.

DeletedUser66

I only spent 4000 golems and a handful of sorceresses and came 4th. Got 37 relics at the end.

Not sure what I'm to do with the 800 points I received?

DeletedUser277

Weird ... I reached 44th place and got 27 relics as final reward.
That is because the final reward of relics depends on the collective efforts of your neighbours. If you got 27 you should consider yourself lucky as that sounds like a very active neighbourhood to me. Mine is reasonably active, but I still only managed 12 relics in the final award :oops:

DeletedUser643

That is because the final reward of relics depends on the collective efforts of your neighbours. If you got 27 you should consider yourself lucky as that sounds like a very active neighbourhood to me. Mine is reasonably active, but I still only managed 12 relics in the final award :oops:

I just opened up 25 provinces (did 1 star)
then checked if there was another player active on each province
If so then those provinces I took to 2 or 3 stars which almost always lead to the first chest reward.
On very active province (with incl me has 3-4 players on it) take the province up to second chest reward.

Worked for me ... had 19 provinces up to chest 1 .. and then 8 of them up to chest 2 ... total of 27.