• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.5 - Tournaments!

DeletedUser

How about next update gets put off and instead the fixes required be done as an "update"? Rather than implementing broken additions?
(I use the word "broken" as it is acknowledged that a significant portion of people can't use it as the customers expect.)

DeletedUser

How about next update gets put off and instead the fixes required be done as an "update"?
To use some hyperbole, that would be like never playing a football game until you're ready to win the Superbowl.

The only way to get everything thing to interlock all of the time, is to DELAY everything else for the least little problem. I rather enjoy watching things come together, so I'm quite willing to accommodate a few "well that didn't come together as quickly as we hoped" type issues.

DeletedUser

To use some hyperbole, that would be like never playing a football game until you're ready to win the Superbowl.

The only way to get everything thing to interlock all of the time, is to DELAY everything else for the least little problem. I rather enjoy watching things come together, so I'm quite willing to accommodate a few "well that didn't come together as quickly as we hoped" type issues.

No, it is playing football, seeing the obvious flaws in your players, fixing those flaws and THEN planning for the superbowl.
Rather than slapping a team together, ignore their faults and plan to win. (then fail...)

To be clear, there is nothing wrong with releasing something that is planned carefully, yet still somehow falls over. The problem is what comes next, do you fix what you started, or move onto something else that will suffer the same fate?

DeletedUser1749

How about next update gets put off and instead the fixes required be done as an "update"? Rather than implementing broken additions?
(I use the word "broken" as it is acknowledged that a significant portion of people can't use it as the customers expect.)

I agree. What good is a tournament of 1, me. There are a lot of broken things that never seem to get fixed. Or things that are really needed, like a Fellowship bar. I'm not going to post anymore because my village is going dark.

pertm

Seeker
I like it but I see that I will not do that much tournament every week, because when it is for a relic that is not boosted for me it is not that interesting. I will do a few of those first few, but not as many as when it is something I have boosted. Max relic boost needs to be increased since people I am sure will get more than 500 now. My goods storage has taken a huge hit from this, but so have my troops

Deleted User - 13667

Perhaps a choice be given to players to choose which tournament they go to be a better idea? After all, there is a fair bit of luck there. Just imagine going into a tournament either filled up of empty.

Let the current play of the tournament being restricted to those around you is not the best of choices.

DeletedUser

So I had a bash, since catering is so inexpensive.

Once the tournament is on "reload" I can no longer access who is winning and/or participated?
Why would you NOT let people see the stats while the tournament is "refreshing"? How can I send messages to my fellow combatants to encourage them?

Why is there a reload time anyway? What purpose does it serve? You either have the troops/goods to do it, or you don't, why wait?
Oh. You can speed it up with diamonds, I get it now. Sigh.

pertm

Seeker
I think the reward for the top 100 global is lame. 100 ranking points for the top player and 1 less for next player until 1 point for 100th player. When the highest ranked player in my server is close to 150k points I do not think anyone will really notice.

DeletedUser72

I must say that I am happy to be wrong about the tournament. But then I should also say that I am very lucky that it was one of my boosts for the tournament. My scroll production is up a little more than 100% (I really should have gotten the exact numbers down pre-tournament). And it was a lot of fun. Was able to get to levels 6 and when through 3 rounds of those levels. And with that much play I ranked at 21. I don't think I would have done so many levels if it was not a boost for me. Will say that its worth playing in every tournament to at least the 2nd or 3rd level. KP is good 1st round but drops on the rounds after that, which is fine. But you start to get runes on the 2nd round of play.

I am curious to find out what kind of order the tournaments will be in. My guess it will be in a similar order to the provinces on the map. Did not see any info from beta forum, but did not look that hard. Guess we will just have to wait and see. :)

DeletedUser

Yet another issue.. I get up this morning and as usual, I have timed out. Except the tournament windows doesn't respect that, so I could click through those while it tried to restart my session, which was both confusing and annoying.
I also don't know if I got a checkpoint reward?
How can I tell? What was it? Where can I check what happened last tournament?

I don't know what they did in beta testing, this is FAR from ready for the general public.

Oh, tournaments every week? Why the three day wait?

<shrug> Lucky you got my money early, unless something changes (like fixing the MA, Tournaments.. or any of the bugs, listening to your customers) you won't be getting anything more from me. Which is frankly the WORST customer you can have. Uses your bandwidth, doesn't pay and complains where your new customers can see it.

Convert me. Show me the devs give a darn. Don't waste the great fundamentals.

Edited: Aider - 2016-5-15 - Inappropriate Language

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1353

I also don't know if I got a checkpoint reward?
How can I tell? What was it? Where can I check what happened last tournament?

I got a window when I logged in and the tournament week was over showing my rewards for the tournament:
Some points from ending up in the top 100 tournament rank and some relics. The relics are from checkpoints I belive.

Oh, tournaments every week? Why the three day wait?

I was also confused about this, was thinking if I do 1 lvl per day I would be able to clear lvl 6 on the last day, but seems like paying diamonds is the only way to get to the last lvl if this 2 day break is every week, unless you time it perfectly with 16 hours, but that is very hard unless you don't value sleep that much. (for example if I do the tourny at 8 in the morning it's available at midnight again, but by that time i'll be sleeping ^^).

DeletedUser187

At first when saw the new tournament add on, thought great. But after the end on first one, changed my option. I was about 2 days getting the necessary research done, fair enough, then contested for tournaments, with good results. Thought I will have achieved a fair result, but NO, when leader board appeared I'm ranked at below 800. Checking throught list to top most, and its obvious that its the `big cash` spenders are going to win this every time. Its the same with every game that Innogames.com produce, favours the `big` spenders.
Ok fair enough they need money to develop and improve their games, but there is NO consideration to the non-cash, or limited cash players.
I dont think I will bother much with this feature, sooner use my time to partake in the conventional combat events.
Innogames have missed a `golden` opportunity here to develop for ALL players.

DeletedUser297

Can anyone tell me what the diamond bar at the bottom of a completed province box is for?? If you've already completed that province, what would you use the diamonds for since the next level of that particular tournament won't be for a while???

Deleted User - 106219

I believe that is for skipping the wait and starting the next level right away.

DeletedUser

Erm, don't tournaments go for a week? How come mine is only lasting for 4 days?

DeletedUser3

There is indeed only one Tournament per week, however the duration of that Tournament is 4 days - from Tuesday evening to Saturday evening. This is to allow time for new troops to be trained and new goods produced before the start of the next Tournament. The first Tournament was a day shorter, running only from Wednesday to Saturday as the update that introduced Tournaments took place on a Wednesday.

DeletedUser

There is indeed only one Tournament per week, however the duration of that Tournament is 4 days - from Tuesday evening to Saturday evening. This is to allow time for new troops to be trained and new goods produced before the start of the next Tournament. The first Tournament was a day shorter, running only from Wednesday to Saturday as the update that introduced Tournaments took place on a Wednesday.

Ok "every week" is NOT equal to "lasts a week". My bad.
That does mean if you want to do the whole tournament you HAVE to spend diamonds? The refresh seems to be 16 hours on the last one, but much more on the first 2 I did.. Could there be a guide to how long each tournament level takes to regen, other than "some time?

DeletedUser

So I had a bash, since catering is so inexpensive.

Once the tournament is on "reload" I can no longer access who is winning and/or participated?
Why would you NOT let people see the stats while the tournament is "refreshing"? How can I send messages to my fellow combatants to encourage them?

You can see who is participating when it's on reload. Click the tournament icon on the map, then click the padlock. You will get a pop up showing who's participating and their respective progress.

see screenies below:
http://prntscr.com/b5ihxt
http://prntscr.com/b5iis4

DeletedUser649

The waiting times are supposed to help you recover from the goods/troop expense of the various encounters during tournaments.
The developers have taken upon themselves to do this because we are not capable of recognising that we are running out of goods/troops ourselves.
Isn't that kind of them? - everyone say yeah