• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.47 + Elementals

Jixel

Spellcaster
Can you show your maths? I haven't looked into it yet but I'm interested.

On the Seeds income side, three of my cities provide just under 10k per day, and one gives 11700. Note - all of my cities are 200k+ points, if a smaller city reaches Elementals, I'd assume they get less than that (due to fewer AW / provinces, etc).
There's also the bonus seeds (approx 1000) per collection, which I normally do twice a day - so total of 12-14k seeds per day. And then your total amount of seeds gets hit by 10% decay each day.

The level 24 manufactory requires 3200 seeds per 9 hour production of sentient goods. Run 2x9hr per day, and that will cost 6400 seeds. Have two manufactories (because even upgrading the manufactory to level 25 needs 20k each of two sentient goods), and that's 12800 seeds per day - more than you're receiving !

And remember that you need seeds for more than just goods production :
- unlocking new techs takes large amounts of seeds - 20k here, 35k there, and so on.
- the new culture buildings take seeds to build
- and a painful one that I just encountered, while upgrading your Trader (which, again, doesn't bring any increase in Seeds production), you can't collect any seeds, but your total still decays !

(of course, you could only run one manufactory for sentient goods - but again, look at the quantities of sentient goods required to do any upgrades and unlock techs, compared to the production of one manufactory, especially before you unlock the boost (oh, that's 35k seeds, btw :) ). It'll take half of forever !)

I repeat my claim: The Seeds economy figures don't add up. The Seeds economy is broken, and most players will be spending a very long time waiting for enough Seeds to build up to do anything. (Assuming they haven't run out of Mana, of course ... )

If anyone from Inno is actually paying attention to feedback: Please, at least make the upgraded Trader produce more seeds. What else am I using those 750 people for, if not to boost production ?! :confused:

Deleted User - 106219

Don't forget that Sentient Goods ALSO decay, like Seeds, so that slows things down even more...

Killiak

Artisan
I repeat my claim: The Seeds economy figures don't add up. The Seeds economy is broken, and most players will be spending a very long time waiting for enough Seeds to build up to do anything. (Assuming they haven't run out of Mana, of course ... )

I guess the dev thought process goes like "Time = KP = Higher level wonders = more seeds!"

I guess we will be milling around in Elementals for a loooong time then.....

LazyTony

Sorcerer
The new chapter is terrible in many ways for those of us who play to tourney. The mandatory squad techs as discussed. Which means that you will cater more than before at a higher cost with less t1 factories (cos we have to replace them with t4). The bigger than ever settlement size. It is already much much easier for a lower chapter player to score high in a tourney than a late game player. Well, its about to get a lot more imbalanced.

I admire the way the game attempts to balance tourneys so that lower chapter players can compete. But it is very very demotivating when progressing in the tech tree actually means going backward. At least keep the difficulty the same.

I am going to make a tortoise look fast with my progress in this chapter. I am going to sit there at each full squad tech for a month, looking at it at cursing before I pull the trigger. Progress used to be fun, you got new toys to play with and even though it was running to stand still, at least it wasn't running as hard as you can to go backwards.

DeletedUser3781

It's also pretty weird that we have to research technologies that work to our disadvantage. I'd like to fire the responsible scientists.

Timneh

Artisan
It's not good enough to announce update in the same morning it is released. That's practically no notification.

In a lot of cases it will have been with no notification, at the time the update was released a lot of people will have been at work so they would have logged in after work and the update will have been there.

Thezza

Spellcaster
I swear that it was agreed that we would only need 1 non boosted t1 manu..so my boost is marble..so I built steel...that will give me Platinum..but it looks like I need Elven Tree Gum too...so I also need a Planks manu?????

Thezza

Spellcaster
Oh God...as well the 125K mana needed to upgrade the Trader the second quest is to ..Deliver 100,000 Mana..to get.....wait for it...1 Rune for Temple of Toads....really !!!! 100k !

m4rt1n

Adept
I assume the new chapter is not designed to be finished in "5 minutes", and as a player who has a way to go to get there and still in my 8th week of the Orcs (first 2 weeks I held off for the winter event), is looking forward to the challenge.

My opinion is the developers made the new chapter a big challenge as so many players finished the Halflings so quickly then spent the last 6 months "complaining" about the game.
This left the guys in a "no win" situation.

No offense meant to anyone, just an expression my personal opinion. :cool:

cwgiii

Shaman
My opinion is the developers made the new chapter a big challenge as so many players finished the Halflings so quickly then spent the last 6 months "complaining" about the game.
This left the guys in a "no win" situation.

I agree. And honestly, I have the same feeling about the latest FA. I distinctly remember folks complaining about how simplistic and easy previous versions were.

DeletedUser3781

The Seeds economy figures don't add up. The Seeds economy is broken, and most players will be spending a very long time waiting for enough Seeds to build up to do anything.
I was thinking that maybe we will get more buildings that give seeds soon. We already got the first one in Robert Redbeard quest. Maybe it will be like with mana (hopefully).

DeletedUser3781

Wonder is cool too, but who knows if it will be enough for all those seeds needed for productions, techs etc.

DeletedUser524

In Elementals are do you remove old halfings quest, Have clear the quest in Winyandor to remove Spring Grove. But in Arendyll stuck with have 4 Farms level 4 and no way to remove them.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
You didn't build the 4 level 4 farms?

If not, I have heard players say they wrote to support and got their quest moved on. Otherwise you have to actually do the quest.

DeletedUser3097

In Elementals are do you remove old halfings quest, Have clear the quest in Winyandor to remove Spring Grove. But in Arendyll stuck with have 4 Farms level 4 and no way to remove them.

Please put in a ticket to Support to see if they can assist you.

m4rt1n

Adept
I have to say I dislike the new trader on the latest app release.
My main issue is when placing trades, I can no longer see my goods on the same screen so judge how many trades to place is now difficult and time consuming, having to go out of the screen and back in constantly.
Also I can no longer set quick trades using the + and - buttons which have been removed, and have to type in each amount now.

DeletedUser3422

since the last update on mobile the trader window won't let me put in any number of goods