• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.4

DeletedUser3

Dear Elves and Humans,

Here you can discuss the update to 1.4. We look forward to hearing your feedback!

DeletedUser1739

mercenary camp and drone rider available now with the new update?

DeletedUser1353

Guess the big addition in this patch is the new army selection screen.

"The Army Selection screen has received a major overhaul to make it easier to use and to prepare it for the upcoming Fairy Units as well."

I like the looks of the new interface, but could you please explain how this new interface is easier to use?

The units still appears in the order (from the top of the battlefield): 3,2,4,1,5. Still feel illogical to me to start from the middle and go out than just from the top when you choose your units, but maybe that's just me. And for new players it must seem totally random where your units end up.

Guess the only thing that makes it easier to use is to see how many squads you have of every unit, or did I miss something?

"Unit tooltips now show a lot more information. This should make it easier for you to find the best units for your battles."

A lot more information = the total squads (which we already know from the selection screen), the squadsize and total units?

Also not sure how this change will make it easier to find the best units for my battles.

DeletedUser

It appears that quests asking you to train units have been removed from the rotating declinable quests in today's update, despite no mention of alteration to existing quests in the update release notes. I previously had 2 - train 500 units and train 150 sorceresses, both of which i regularly declined, but other members of my fellowship at a lower level in the game relied on their train X units quests to increase coin/supplies through rewards.
Was this intentional, and if so, why was it not mentioned in the update release notes?

DeletedUser

When can the Elves expect not to have to trawl through 57 declinable quests including all those dwarven ones?

DeletedUser487

Would it be possible to see such details as the attributes for a squad? That would make it easier to know if your army can take on the enemy.

Also, as others mention, it is still too difficult to place your troops on the field. Maybe a click and drag option onto the battlefield could be a solution?

All in all, I don't see a big change to the battle feature other than a different layout of the screen.

DeletedUser

I like the looks of the new interface, but could you please explain how this new interface is easier to use?

The units still appears in the order (from the top of the battlefield): 3,2,4,1,5. Still feel illogical to me to start from the middle and go out than just from the top when you choose your units, but maybe that's just me. And for new players it must seem totally random where your units end up.

You are my new hero. I gave up trying to figure it out and only use auto, sinced it sucked not knowing where your troops would end up.
Of course it is too late now and I can't be bothered with combat or remembering the order. Just another "feature" that the devs decided was a good idea, but never explained it.

DeletedUser501

when will the drone riders be available ? I have finished research weeks ago.

DeletedUser1295

You are my new hero. I gave up trying to figure it out and only use auto, sinced it sucked not knowing where your troops would end up.
Of course it is too late now and I can't be bothered with combat or remembering the order. Just another "feature" that the devs decided was a good idea, but never explained it.

You will find a lot of information about combat in this thread: Fight system (sort of) explained.
Hopefully this info will help you :)

DeletedUser

You will find a lot of information about combat in this thread: Fight system (sort of) explained.
Hopefully this info will help you :)

Cheers! Not to be a negative nancy (which ALWAYS precedes being a negative nancy) but I shouldn't need to look at the forum to work out basic actions. I will go look regardless, but the damage is done, I just don't like that part of the game. It is not stopping me playing, just worth noting that new players get turned off by it. (SOME.. I am sure some people take the time to work it out <shrug>)

DeletedUser

Cheers! Not to be a negative nancy (which ALWAYS precedes being a negative nancy) but I shouldn't need to look at the forum to work out basic actions. I will go look regardless, but the damage is done, I just don't like that part of the game. It is not stopping me playing, just worth noting that new players get turned off by it. (SOME.. I am sure some people take the time to work it out <shrug>)
Amen to that. I did not even know that the combat system was that in-depth. That should REALLY have been covered in game. A LOT of people don't even know the forum exists and should never have to look up guides to know how to play ANY game.

Due to the limited time I play, I always use auto. It seems that in addition to less time able to take advantage of shorter production times to get more supplies and goods, the combat is also heavily tilted against anyone not able to be on for hours each day. Another straw on the back of the camel that is my will to play.

DeletedUser971

My mail icon keeps flashing up with no mail. More than one person in our FS has this problem.

DeletedUser1749

I actually liked the look of the old Army Selection screen. Whatever has been added could have been added to that. The previous one looked cleaner. Now there is a lot of frilly fluff around the units. I also liked side by side as that is the way my eyes read rather than over/under.

These "improvements" are mostly cosmetic. When is a fellowship navigation bar going to be added (Like FoE)? This is probably the most needed feature. Also any word on the problem of disappearing army units during combat due to Flash player?

Deleted User - 13667

Amen to that. I did not even know that the combat system was that in-depth. That should REALLY have been covered in game. A LOT of people don't even know the forum exists and should never have to look up guides to know how to play ANY game.

Due to the limited time I play, I always use auto. It seems that in addition to less time able to take advantage of shorter production times to get more supplies and goods, the combat is also heavily tilted against anyone not able to be on for hours each day. Another straw on the back of the camel that is my will to play.

Using auto battle guarantees high losses. I do not login for hours each day. I train my troops over a few weeks and do the battles over a weekend.

The battle system is still flawed in many ways that have yet to be fixed or balance the game.

DeletedUser487

Using auto battle guarantees high losses. I do not login for hours each day. I train my troops over a few weeks and do the battles over a weekend.

I agree with what @s5carrot says. I am in the same position and cannot spend long times playing or fighting. So I make sure that my barracks is always producing troops when I log in. That way, whenever I do find a spare bit of time, I can fight with decent numbers.