• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.39

DeletedUser4689

I just built LH 2 days ago, and it was awesome, second day it was new update and i'm depressed. I do every day NH to all discovered neighbours, and all FS pals, i think i'm in minus now.
Tell me Why dearest Elvenar Team :)
Also app for mobile not working, day two!

DeletedUser4134

Have the fonts or sizing of the info bar at the top of the screen changed? (E.g. available builders, population, culture etc.) I'm finding the numbers are now very difficult to read (I do have it zoomed out, but not very far, and it's definitely harder to read than before the update.)

DeletedUser702

Well don't have to NH anymore! Only reply to players have visited me!
Have the Belltower for a long time (level 15), but is completely useless now!
Only started a few of the later ones a few days ago but the Lighthouse is not
one of them! Hopefully Inno will change their mind and reverse this soon!
So less time to spend in Elvenar and more in other games!!;):p

DeletedUser3781

Have the fonts or sizing of the info bar at the top of the screen changed? (E.g. available builders, population, culture etc.) I'm finding the numbers are now very difficult to read (I do have it zoomed out, but not very far, and it's definitely harder to read than before the update.)
Yes, they changed. I also find them harder to read.

Lelanya

Mentor
These 2 quotes have me thinking. Could it be that the divs have actually changed things so that you will only get the 3 chests if you visit loads of neighbours ? If that is right then what they are actually doing is FORCING us to do NH if we want what is rightfully ours to begin with. This could mean we are being forced to do more than 30 visits to get the amount of goods that 30 visits would give us. If this is indeed what they have done then they can take their bellspire and ram it where the sun never shines and just to make sure it goes far enough up they can follow it up with their bloody game as well.
Nope I got the chests either way

DeletedUser3098

First they screw with the diamonds, then they screw with the trader, now they screw with the goods again. Perhaps they have run out of positive ideas to make the game better. Even as I speak they are sneaking in diamond changes under the radar, where 11.000 diamonds were the norm they are now showing as a bonus which means the new norm is 7500-8250. No mention of that, they just did it. Time to stop buying diamonds.
Of course the other thing they have done is screw the new members and the old members in one hit with this latest change. A lot of players used to go searching for new players to help, knowing also that it would be a WIN-WIN for both parties. help for the minnows getting established and a few goods for the longer term player.
It only takes a few idiots to screw the game up for thousands, thank you INNO! We appreciate you listening to us, if you ever do is debatable!

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
Fair is defined as "treating people equally without favouritism or discrimination", these changes do that. If you have spent your time here ignoring the basic premise of the game, recognise it as your own mistake, and rectify it.

Some of you will take this opportunity to indulge in personal attacks on me. Go right ahead, it will only reinforce my assessment of the value of your opinions.

You appear to have totally missed the point, not sure whether deliberately or not. If I buy a TV set with the expectation that it will allow me to view a certain number of channels 24/7 and then 6 months later discover that I can only watch the Farting Gerbil channel between the hours of 4 and 5am then I have every right to be p1ssed. And personally I couldn't give a large pile of orc dung as to how you value my opinion. Meanwhile, shill on.

DeletedUser4694

All buildings gone, goods and coin given away - well done Inno

Lelanya

Mentor
Because this change has generated so much negative feedback Inno will just do the normal thing and become ostriches and stick their heads in the sand untill it all goes away. There are so many things that have been shown to be wrong about this change and the things they have claimed that if they acknowledge any of it they will have to back down and admit they screwed it up big time and that is something they just don't do.
They are probably hoping that the start of the new event on thursday will make everyone forget about this farce of a change.
Then we need to keep the heat on this don't we? I will do the event likely as I still need a couple of pop/cult items to replace Snow Flurry stuff. But I still have 2 giant level 4 (phew!) boat anchors to remind me

DeletedUser4853

As a player who has spent 10,000's of hours playing this game, I am deeply annoyed.
The recent changes to the Crystal Lighthouse AW goes against the very nature of the CL. The CL's purpose is to encourage players to partake in Neighbourhood visiting. Indeed it rewarded players for doing so. Now the player gets the CL reward only thrice very early on in their visits.
Since I spend the best part of 2 hours every day visiting the 300+ neighbours and fellows, I am losing over 120,000 goods a day because of the change. This is simply not fair.
I fully accept that the game writers may want to assist new starters and to encourage visiting, but surely this should not be at the expense of players who have spent years developing their city to gain the rewards for their visiting.
When I put my ticket in on the subject I was told well tough I shouldn't be getting so many goods in the first place. Sorry, this is also not correct. I do deserve them. It is wrong to punish me for being successful and for committing so much time and effort into the game.
The goods received help me in the tournaments and enable me to assist my fellows.
Quite simply there is now no point in having the CL AW nor for visiting all my neighbours. This surely is the opposite of what is intended.

Please amend this latest ill thought out adjustment.

Tiriake

Soothsayer
I'm also very dissapointed. What was the point of promising to make ancient wonders better? To just take it away later...

• From now on, the Ancient Wonders "Bell Spire" and "Crystal Lighthouse" will grant you higher rewards when performing Neighborly Helps.
I am not getting more goods. I get about 35k less every single day! That's not OK.

I didn't think that Inno could sink lower after battle redesign. But they did, when they changed wholesaler. And now this. During the battle redesign debackle I thought that maybe I was too mean in thinking that how the devs still have their jobs after that trainwreck. I have thought that same thing over and over again when they come up with some new stupid thing to do and lie to our faces that we are winning from this.

One of the hardest things for me to understand is why devs need to punish active players. Stranding people in provinces for months ( I was locked for 6 months), wholesaler downgrade and now this. We are losing with this. Why would anyone bother to do more NH based on this change? This promotes and rewards people for not bothering with NH. Rewards players who are not active, while severly punishing those who do take the time to do NH.

DeletedUser441

I have to admit that not spending 3 hours a day doing NH is blissful. I visit the six surrounding me and anyone that visits me. If I need more coins at any time then I'll visit a few more. I do miss the extra 43k goods a day though. :):(

I don't need to attack a person who has obviously forgotten that it was Inno themselves who redesigned the benefits of AW's not too long ago, prompting people to take another look at AW's and investing heavily in them. "Oh look, we redesigned the stuff and it is balanced now", and now changing their minds again; not the first time.

Inno keeps saying they want people to do NH for the sake of NH. Helping people, blablabla, and that this change will be good for that. How naive.
The only thing it will do is that people will NH their fellowship and nothing more. We aren't filantropists, this is a game about building a city and that takes resources.

And your 2,5 years of playing means nothing to anyone. We all play our own game, our own style. You want to define that as wrong? Take your arrogance elsewhere.

Your sarcasm is cute, but your argument is weak.
Best reply ever ;)

DeletedUser3182

/sarcasm/
This is appalling! How DARE Inno try to bring their game back to what it was designed for, an opportunity for players to build a dynamic, self-sufficient city through careful planning and intelligent design? How DARE they alter an aspect of the game that allowed some of us to gain thousands of Boosted Goods without investing Coins or Supplies, indeed giving us Coins and Supplies as well? It's unfair!
/end sarcasm/

Bluntly, if you NEED the Goods provided by Neighborly help, there is something wrong with the design of your city. If you NEED to buy Goods from the Wholesaler more than to get rid of excess Coins and Supplies, there is something wrong with the design of your city. If you can't be bothered helping simply because others need help, there is something wrong with your moral outlook. The feature we are filling 2 threads about is called 'Neighborly Help', NOT the 'Daily Gimme'.

I started playing this game 2.5 years ago because I liked the premise of the game. The game has changed a lot in that time, but the basic premise remains. I like getting free stuff as much as the next person, but I much prefer the feeling of success that I get when I can meet a challenge on my own efforts. I have no problem with Inno choosing to re-emphasise the design aspect of the game, even with all the vocal forum members whining about it being 'too hard'.

Fair is defined as "treating people equally without favouritism or discrimination", these changes do that. If you have spent your time here ignoring the basic premise of the game, recognise it as your own mistake, and rectify it.

Some of you will take this opportunity to indulge in personal attacks on me. Go right ahead, it will only reinforce my assessment of the value of your opinions.

I am puzzled Horanda - exactly what was this game designed for - the devs or the players? If a self-sufficient city was the original premise, it has either changed or you have it wrong. Because being self-sufficient isn't the object of the game - being part of a Fellowship and a neighbour is my understanding. Self-sufficiency has until recently been discouraged, with the 'only build boosted goods, because that's what trading is for' strategy. Indeed many FSs not only actively discouraged building 'self-sufficient' goods, but would evict players who didn't get rid of them on joining.

Why are you allowed to whine, but no-one else - and yes, the whole tone of your sarcastic and rather demeaning post is one of a whining player - who doesn't like others to have an opinion. I haven't seen anyone claiming it's too hard, and it seems you have missed the point of our comments and critical appraisal of this step backwards. To turn your own argument against you and yes yours was an attack, maybe not personal, but definitely an attack against anyone who DARED to stand up and say 'this is wrong' so - your opinion is of no value to me and I suspect others, because it's not really based in merit, but in your own belief in the superiority of your play style.

The issue is that Inno have removed a benefit, which cost players a lot of time, kp, goods and effort - without any consultation, player involvement and at very short notice. This was a benefit which they specifically used as a reason for having the CL or BT. Their excuses were frankly quite ludicrous and self-serving and for the most part were meaningless babble.

You may have started in 2015, but I've looked at your city and it begs the question what you have been doing with all this self-sufficiency.

Careful planning and intelligent design will not serve, if aspects are changed dramatically and with no real purpose. Perhaps you have 200 or so active neighbours, all of whom visit you back - I have 50% dead cities and of the rest 50% do not return visits more than perhaps once. Should I continue 'neighbourly help' which is of no benefit to absent players - merely so I can feel a moral superiority?

I don't NEED goods provided by neighbourly help, but I built the CL and BT in my elf and human worlds precisely because of the stated premise - A monument that shows your commitment to your neighbours thus INCREASING YOUR REWARDS for social engagement. What Inno have done is reduce the rewards and made social engagement less likely.

Don't lecture others from your moral high horse about how it should all be neighbour help, a lot of the neighbours don't exist. In F world, one of my fellows has three cities out of 50 active. How much help can he give to them?

There changes do not treat all players fairly and equally - they are designed to help new players at the expense of the loyal and long term players - some of whom have paid hard cash (which pays for Inno dev's wages).

The feature is not about neighbour help - that's incidental and once again you missed the point of this debate. It's about Inno's high-handed and incomprehensible decision to make changes which do not benefit players, merely for some whim of the devs.

If Inno change Prosperity Towers and your benefits are only 10% of what they were, will you still feel it's for the best? Don't bank on it not happening. It appears if players expect or get 'too much' according to some arcane calculation, then it has to be redefined and reduced.

Finally, if this were merely a neighbour help benefit, it would not need an AW - all players would get the goods from the chests at the start. They don't. I am an Archmage in a city in F - where many players haven't yet received enough runes or shards to build the CL and they DO NOT get goods, only the kp, spells or relics. So, it hurts only those who've built the CL or BT - not players who haven't.

Perhaps you would like to state whether you have - or don't - the Bell Tower - because otherwise this whole debate does not personally affect you and it makes one wonder why you felt the need to point fingers at others, in support of Inno.

DeletedUser3097

Dizzy Lizzy - That was a ridiculous deletion. I make a point with a historical reference, to illustrate the flaw in an earlier posts argument.
I saw the post you are talking about before it was deleted and i fail to see how it could be classed as offensive to anyone.

If you wish to discuss my decision to delete a post comparing the thinking of someone who committed genocide to the thinking of someone in response to changes made in an online game, please feel free to message me, as it is necessary to keep this thread on track- ie. discussing Update 1.39.

DeletedUser1096

Several long term players, including diamond buyers, now organising to delete cities and leave - congrats inno hope that's the goal you were after. Its working. People have invested time, money, lots of earned goods and resources and the new NH policy is the straw that broke the camel's back. There is no logic to this change except to seriously slow down people's development and stop people visiting neighbours including all the smaller players who rely heavily on the NH. Please admit this was a bad call and reverse the change and put it back as it was (even if you half the goods you get from each visit). These AWs are worthless and as posted by Koekaker totally defeats the purpose of the AW.

forictori

Adventurer
Y'all have 2 options:
1) Quit the game.
or
2) Get over it.

I know nobody will like these options, but you got no other choice. Why? You cannot simply reason with those people. It is proven the best InnoGames can do is to ignore Public Outcry.
You wasted your time, other good games out there, you don't like it get a new one, return or fix ain't working here, sorry policies. ;)

All buildings gone, goods and coin given away - well done Inno

LOL you can't just be so serious. First one I see to quit over that crap. Well done, all time/hard work/$$$ probably, gone in a min!
How many more will follow?

Last edited: