• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.39

DeletedUser3098

I agree with you and it is a similar idea that someone has proposed in the Q&A, though I haven't seen a response to it. Jack's proposal was that we should receive 1 chest for every 20 visits.

I suspect that his suggestion is asking too much. Maybe your one is not enough.

My Bell Spire is comparatively in its infancy as it is only on level 2. With the current system I pick up around 10,600 goods a day for visits. After the change I will receive 1,770.

If extra chests were being awarded once every 20 visits then I would receive 7,080 goods. I would happily accept that compromise, but also know that it would never happen because Inno are looking to vastly cut the amount of goods received.

With your solution I would receive 2,950 goods a day. I think the amount asked for is a good amount to try to strive for. The problem, however, is that it is a fixed amount. I am doing around 180 visits a day. Those people doing lots more would feel the pinch more and it doesn't give a benefit to people the more visits that they make, which I feel it should.

As a revision to Jack's idea I think that a target which may work for Inno and us would be to get a) the initial 3 chests and b) 1 extra chest randomly for each 40 visits made. As it is within each 40 then you would have a chance of getting one, even if you are only visiting 20 people a day, for example.

If this system were implemented I would be receiving 4,130 goods per day, with a chance at 4,720. Seems like a good compromise to me and makes the Bell Spire still well worth it.
In my case I could possibly get over 84000 tiered goods per day now it's 10,000 Sucks big time for established players.

DeletedUser3485

Why would anyone bother doing Neighbour visits now? This morning when I did all my visits Neighbour & FS (180) I picked up 164 goods for every city visited for a total of 29,520 goods, now with the update, if I'm lucky (I mostly use the app for visits) I can open 3 chests that will have 1,656 goods in each one, for a total of 4,968 that means every day I will loose 24.5K of goods. Even In my new city in Felyndral I'm loosing a significant amount of goods was 5.6K now will be 1.5K.... The Crystal Lighthouse / Great Bell Spire now seem to be a waste of space and KP ... Its disheartening when the various changes come in that just make the game that bit harder ... The changes to the CL & GBS AW's won't encourage neighbour visits, they will discourage neighbour visits ... The new players will be the big losers as they will no longer get visits from bigger players as they can't return the visits as haven't discovered them...

The developers say it will just be a little less goods found in the chests with many players getting more, not sure how they worked the math out as I have some small cities with CL & GBS and levels 1 & 2 and bigger cities with the AW's at level 6 and I'm losing goods big time with all of them. If all I did was FS visits then yes I would get a little more, however, aren't the developers trying to encourage neighbour visits??

There appears to be no rhyme or reason to the change that has been made the the CL & GBS AW's, it would be of greater benefit to everyone if the changes where reversed. ... If it isn't reversed am seriously considering deleting the AW's because they are no longer worth the space they are taking up, space is limited, have to really consider what is worth having...

DeletedUser3542

Well would you believe it, i just ran the visits to all our FS ( 23 ) and some of my neighbours and not one chest:confused:..oh well maybe next time :rolleyes: edit update, another 20 visits done, still no chests are we supposed to look for a red X on the map and start digging now to find them ? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaxom

Alchemist
The change for the wonders makes it FAR LESS likely that I will be helping my neighbors. I will help my fellowship members, get the three chests and then ONLY return help to those neighbors who have helped me so I get the supplies. I rarely need more coins than I produce so once I get the bonus supplies I will stop.
This is a VERY BAD change if you are trying to get players to interact and help each other.

DeletedUser3553

Why is this game going backwards ?? I used to visit over 140 neighbours each day and got 93 bonus goods per visit = 13,206. Now, with only 3 chests available per day, I can only access 2,784. Having just upgraded my Bell Spire, at a huge cost of KPs, the things is basically useless and a waste of KPs. Why was this not consulted on and I agree with the above - we are being conned.

Anyone like to comment on the unbelievably complicated and time-consuming mushroom farms ? Think I'm going to be in the Orcs Chapter longer I am prepared to wait. Shame....... the game was going so well....but, whoever is driving the development of this game needs to review the changes that are turning people off. Is that really what you want ?? I note very few responses from the Elvenar Team so far.....

DeletedUser2893

Total disgrace..not only will the received goods drop dramatically, but you can rest assured the remaining little reward will be mostly tier 1 goods, which, i personally don't really need. I for one will no longer spend money on diamonds to speed up my progress, when they can penalise you for simply playing the game more than most players.

I have no real incentive now to visit neighbors in my world, I will of course continue for FS members, but that'll be about it. Also when a side quest asked for say 4000 Scrolls, and my scroll manu's WERE up to about 3700 or thereabouts, for a 3 hour run I'd often use my Neighbor visits to top up the remainder, allowing me to re-use this side quest 4 times (instead of two) so I can gain extra coins & supplies as reward. Now with this upgrade, I have no control over how much extra goods I want to earn. I can only earn what's in the three chests.

But what's more infuriating to me is the fact that my manufacturies are now producing about 700-800 goods less in a three hour run (I don't know about the 9 hour etc). What the heck is that about? Seriously...goods are hard enough earned and kept let alone reducing them after all the time and energy went into upgrading them! My scrolls and dust had reached around 3600 mark, the scrolls are now down to 2800 and the dust to 2100! I'm livid. Like most of us, we stayed throughout the whole rebalancing of the battle system, and that was darn tough....this....this is just plain old mean!

Pauly7

Magus
I note very few responses from the Elvenar Team so far.....
Make that NO responses. We only had the original statement from Marindor which listed a mess of unfounded statements by way of explanation. This was very quickly taken apart and many people have repeatedly asked for clarification on it and they have been silent ever since. They had plenty of time to discuss this before it went live, but nothing.

So no discussion about this is intended and the only way to be heard is if enough people no longer spend any money.

DeletedUser2456

i think its another crap way of lowering players goods , it was crap when changed trader and now the only good A/W to grow are rubbish as well , i got a large map and with just 3 chest a day not even worth doing vists to players for few extra goods i could make n a hour , why do they have to keep making it harder and more rubbish , surly they can make couple things worth having, everything a fight to get and hours upon hours of real time to grow utter bloody rubbish idea now with the a/w just another useless item now in city ,whos going to store them and put in mega kps for a few goods !!!

DeletedUser3182

I don't get these goods in a city which doesn't have the Crystal Lighthouse - does that mean you have to have the Bell Tower or Lighthouse to get them in the chests. Like others, I am quite puzzled and not a little put out by Inno dev's decision to make these changes and then to add insult to injury, use some politician's rhetoric to justify their bad decision. Nothing they've said, either mod or other, has made sense - and mostly, it see ms just an outpouring of words in the hopes of placating angry players.

I also have to flipping well look for the chests, when before I got the goods as part of my visit - every visit - now, I had only one chest this morning out of ten visits to neighbours (maybe I will get more later if I bother to visit, but who knows - the system isn't exactly known for being reliable). Far from making it easier, it's more of a hassle and less rewarding. Not exactly what I call in for the players' benefit.

Why on earth should I bother to visit anyone when I will only get coins from any of the majority who don't visit or even return visits? Either from leaving the game, not bothering to return the visit or like me just too many provinces. I was quite happy to get my goods from the FS visits and ten or so neighbours (who have always exchanged), plus occasionally doing a sweep of the 175 I have discovered, to maybe encourage newer players.

I don't need coins (usually at my limit and spending them on kps, which is handy, but not reason enough to go visiting) and mostly I don't need tools - getting them from my FS visits will be enough for extras I need (and we've had so many cultural buildings giving tools lately, tools are the least of my requirements). I will also visit only the neighbours who visit back and some of those are not returning visits as they used to - wonder why that is????

Inno may think that keeping silent is the only way to quell this uproar, but maybe it will backfire and end up with even more dead cities and eventually a game that is not worth playing. One of the excuses given for having so many 5min and 15min supplies tasks, was so that players could spend more time in other parts of the game whilst waiting for the 50 or 100 to be produced. That is a fatuous statement, what exactly am I supposed to do in this game for the two hours or so it takes to produce those supplies - go visiting every neighbour just in case I might get a few more coins I don't need. The statements put out are so ludicrous and meaningless that I wonder anyone in Inno understands English.

I am considering playing far less in one of my cities, something I would never have considered a few months ago. There are so many basic technical aspects that go wrong, chat not working for hours or days; having to do dwarves again because the computer was a level behind on narrative; game dumping me at least half a dozen times during visits; an event that started and was cancelled without any real explanation and no compensation for lost products or supplies or even the time spent in it; the list is endless. These used to be accepted with a shrug and a swearword or two, until recently - now I know players who are either playing less or not spending on diamonds, or giving up one of their cities.

Unless Inno take note of what players are saying in the forums, the silent majority will drift away to other games where the devs aren't so capricious and the decisions for game strategy are more rational. Those who post in forums are voicing the concerns of those who can't or don't write - but, decide it's easier to go elsewhere.

Oh and I haven't bought diamonds for a couple of months because I can't see the point of buying something that might be useless in a month or so - if Inno made changes.

DeletedUser3542

I will of course continue to do all the visits i have been doing to both my FS and neighbours as normal as none of the people i visit did this to the Bell Spire or Lighthouse so i won't be that mean to take away the little benefit they were getting from my visits, but i'll understand completely if some of them decide it's not worth visiting me back and wait and see if at some point they decide ok we got this wrong lets roll it back to how it was.

Timneh

Artisan
Well would you believe it, i just ran the visits to all our FS ( 23 ) and some of my neighbours and not one chest:confused:..oh well maybe next time :rolleyes: edit update, another 20 visits done, still no chests are we supposed to look for a red X on the map and start digging now to find them ? :p

I also have to flipping well look for the chests, when before I got the goods as part of my visit - every visit - now, I had only one chest this morning out of ten visits to neighbours (maybe I will get more later if I bother to visit, but who knows

These 2 quotes have me thinking. Could it be that the divs have actually changed things so that you will only get the 3 chests if you visit loads of neighbours ? If that is right then what they are actually doing is FORCING us to do NH if we want what is rightfully ours to begin with. This could mean we are being forced to do more than 30 visits to get the amount of goods that 30 visits would give us. If this is indeed what they have done then they can take their bellspire and ram it where the sun never shines and just to make sure it goes far enough up they can follow it up with their bloody game as well.