• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.27

DeletedUser66

Thanks Da Twista.

I had no idea how things worked when I first started Elvenar 6 months ago. I just built what was offered to me in tier 1. By tier 2 and 3 goods I realized the economics of the game and only built boosted manufactories. I have not sold my tier 1 manufactories because I am a bit sentimental about the look of my village. Also it is a record of how my city was built. Instead I concentrated on upgrading my Golden Abyss, according to the rules and rewards that existed till yesterday. It was going very well for me and I was happy with the results.

I am hoping the organizers will see how unfair it was to apply the new rules retrospectively and that they will reset things so the new rules are only applied from yesterday onwards. That way people who relied on the GA for population according to the Elvenar rules will no longer be so severely penalized. Minus 764 people is ridiculous.

And yes I trade often to balance my goods, because, as you say, I get heaps of steel and not much marble and planks. The people in my fellowship cooperate with one another and some are friends. Trading is not a problem.

I do not believe it is possible to reset the negative population to 0 or to have it added to whatever population you had. My understanding is that the population is automatically calculated by the buildings you have in your city. Each building requires and uses a certain amount of population depending on the level it is at. You will literally be going against the system by forcing the game to read figures incorrectly so they show the desired score on your side. I hardly doubt this is a solution InnoGames will even consider doing. Once balancing change like this has been done it is very seldom changed back or redesigned, and in a case like this I would say the majority of players actually benefited from this update. Of course, some of the lower level players like yourself suffered a bit of a loss which is a pity.

If I were in your shoes, I would get rid of the manufactories you don't need and put up residences so you can get your city back on track. That's about as much as you can do at this point.

I hope it works out for you though.

DeletedUser2476

I do not believe it is possible to reset the negative population to 0 or to have it added to whatever population you had. My understanding is that the population is automatically calculated by the buildings you have in your city. Each building requires and uses a certain amount of population depending on the level it is at. You will literally be going against the system by forcing the game to read figures incorrectly so they show the desired score on your side. I hardly doubt this is a solution InnoGames will even consider doing. Once balancing change like this has been done it is very seldom changed back or redesigned, and in a case like this I would say the majority of players actually benefited from this update. Of course, some of the lower level players like yourself suffered a bit of a loss which is a pity.

If I were in your shoes, I would get rid of the manufactories you don't need and put up residences so you can get your city back on track. That's about as much as you can do at this point.

I hope it works out for you though.
Thanks Da Twista. Appreciate your taking time out to give me some advice. This is the first time I have ever written anything on a forum.

Deleted User - 106219

As I have emntioned on Beta this whole mess would have been avoided if the new values were added to the old ones. For example. a level 1 GA going from a flat 200 population to "200 + X%" population (no idea what the percentage is for level 1). This way everyone would get an increase - for some tiny, for some huge, but an increase for everyone and no one would have lost any population.

No idea why they decided to do it the way they did it, causing some players to lose hundreds of population and making the GA useless until Fairies (especially if you want to level it up above level 1).

DeletedUser414

I feel you, I lost 780 and can't do anything!!

I just removed three Goods buildings. Two from Tier 1 and one from Tier 2. Added an additional Residential building and once it's at level 15 then i'll be back in the positive from around -1300. I've some space left over but i'll be filling it soon with another AW so that's fine too. All the best with Your town economy adjustments :)

DeletedUser3097

making the GA useless until Fairies (especially if you want to level it up above level 1).
I am in Dwarves with a level 2 Golden Abyss, it's certainly not useless for me.

golden abyss.png

DeletedUser1829

I am hoping the organizers will see how unfair it was to apply the new rules retrospectively and that they will reset things so the new rules are only applied from yesterday onwards.

Sadly the programming complexity to do this would be significant and set a precedent for every update that would see each player in their own version of the game based on how long they have been playing. Something that just isn't feasible as nice as the concept might be.

I truly do feel your pain, sadly it will take time and adjusting your strategy or patience to expand your town. The only glimmer of hope is it will become a wonderful wonder in time and the gold bonus is rather nice.

in a case like this I would say the majority of players actually benefited from this update. Of course, some of the lower level players like yourself suffered a bit of a loss which is a pity.

The towns most impacted by the gold abyss change in a negative way are those with a large gold abyss level in a low chapter town. Many low chapter towns are taking a hit regardless of GA level but the large population losses are with higher level wonders.

Inno mentioned they expected this would only impact a few fringe cases but they are reviewing the impact after the beta comments.

For me the issue is that the GA in early chapters is pointless for new players now, when compared to a residence, which seems a reversal of the intent of this update.

Also a big thumbs up to @Dizzy Lizzie for her comments/responses.:)

DeletedUser414

Yeah, i've a level 10 GA in Chapter 3. But i've also held back on Map progress until i get...the extra Rune AW up and running so my town is also smaller than it otherwise would be. A 5x5 town currently if i'm not mistaken. My GA puts out far more Coin than a level 15 Residence but only barely more population. So no- not useless but i did take a massive hit in population. Around 1500 population lost if i'm not mistaken.

Deleted User - 106219

I am in Dwarves with a level 2 Golden Abyss, it's certainly not useless for me.

On Beta I have a level 6 GA that gives me exactly 527 population. My Working population there is 11694. I am currently at the begining of Dwarves, and I can't even imagine how a level 2 GA would give me more than 600 population. I'd need either a ton of event buildings that give population, or I'd have to buy several expansions to build stuff on.

DeletedUser414

Ouch!

What are your plans for regaining it?

Removed two Steel and one Scroll production buildings and am in the middle of building a single Residential to level 15. Will get me out of red. Some space left over and perhaps some unnecessary Culture but i'll sort that out once i build the Extra Rune AW...blanking on the name. It's all good. I like the update and am looking forward to eventually reaping the rewards. I'm in no hurry. I was fighting against the developers intentions for the longest time by not building Barracks or the Academy but gave in and decided to just go where developers guidance takes me. That being said...i can only really see getting any real use out of those two buildings during Events :p At least the recurring Quests are better now (although perhaps they shouldn't be tied to/bottle-necked by those Barracks/Academy Quests in the first place :p?)

DeletedUser3097

I find the academy useful when I run low on supplies or goods and want to gain some quickly. When I remember, I use POPs or M&Ms on my overnight 9H workshops or factories and that usually brings my levels up nicely.

I have chosen a non-fighting role so I use the barracks only for events and the occasional quest.

DeletedUser414

I find the academy useful when I run low on supplies or goods and want to gain some quickly. When I remember, I use POPs or M&Ms on my overnight 9H workshops or factories and that usually brings my levels up nicely.

I have chosen a non-fighting role so I use the barracks only for events and the occasional quest.

We're similar in that then. I just progress slowly enough to never really need to boost output. I've gained a couple dozen KP through the KP pool Spell though for when i've been out of town for work so that's nice.

DeletedUser3364

I could not agree more with Chrisflutes. I am on level 5 with my abyss on level 13, ploughed all my KP to get population, now am made to suffer. Wrote to the moderator and basically its tough. I was apparently one of the “few” that got badly affected with such a negative impact. “The needs of the many ... etc,etc” Hmm will give them to the weekend to sort this out, then I thinks I will take my cash elsewhere. Shame

Killiak

Artisan
I could not agree more with Chrisflutes. I am on level 5 with my abyss on level 13, ploughed all my KP to get population, now am made to suffer. Wrote to the moderator and basically its tough. I was apparently one of the “few” that got badly affected with such a negative impact. “The needs of the many ... etc,etc” Hmm will give them to the weekend to sort this out, then I thinks I will take my cash elsewhere. Shame

Hope you do realize nothing is going to get "sorted out" just for one player.

In the great big scheme of things, the changes to the Ancient Wonders were very much needed, since they were heavily underused and not worth the space they took. Right now, they actually are, but you do need to be in a higher chapter for it.

Every time you advance a chapter you have to adjust your city; make changes and adapt. This is no different.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3097

I am on level 5 with my abyss on level 13

THE BAD NEWS:
I think Mykan summarised it well:
Sadly the programming complexity to do this would be significant and set a precedent for every update that would see each player in their own version of the game based on how long they have been playing. Something that just isn't feasible as nice as the concept might be.

THE GOOD NEWS:
If you decide to continue, as I hope you will, your investment into your Golden Abyss will pay off long-term. I know a lot of people, myself included, are now ploughing KP into their AWs to take advantage of the changes. You will have already invested and as you progress into later chapters you will benefit enormously from these changes.

DeletedUser3034

Hope you do realize nothing is going to get "sorted out" just for one player.

True enough

In the great big scheme of things, the changes to the Ancient Wonders were very much needed, since they were heavily underused and not worth the space they took. Right now, they actually are, but you do need to be in a higher chapter for it.

Sadly, the players in lower chapters will disagree with this. They were worth the space the took, particularly the GA. Now they are not, residences suddenly are more valuabe for the space they take.

Every time you advance a chapter you have to adjust your city; make changes and adapt. This is no different.

No different? What chapter advacement has ever set you back weeks of work?

Killiak

Artisan
Sadly, the players in lower chapters will disagree with this. They were worth the space the took, particularly the GA. Now they are not, residences suddenly are more valuabe for the space they take.

No different? What chapter advacement has ever set you back weeks of work?

Perhaps we differ in opinion, but I have never found the Ancient Wonders (of before) to really be worth the space. I found KP to be more useful in going towards the Knowledge/Tech tree, and I grew far too quickly to bother with Ancient Wonders.

As for your last sentence, I have had to restructure my city and sell buildings just to accomodate a new chapter. Some buildings can take quite a while to upgrade. So, I will repeat; Make changes and adapt.
Just like I will now have to adapt and add more Ancient Wonders to my city, which will cost me weeks of work to upgrade them.

And as Lizzie has already said; people who suffer a bit now, have already invested and will see a rather large benefit as they progress in chapters again.

DeletedUser3364

Well said Gandofus, thank you.

Lizzie I am playing the game in the now not the future. This change has left a “few” of us in a big hole not of our making with no help from game administrators to get out of it.

BTW adding more AW’s isn’t adapting it’s just game progress. Which a “few” of us now can’t make.