• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.26

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the upcoming update to version 1.26. We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser

I've no idea what the quest "Necromancers" was in S&D, I've got through all the quests so far and am back to having 2 sets of the declinable quests.

There was only one incredibly annoying quest for me and that was to produce 20 of each of the 5hr productions of the faculties (soul catchers, arcane scrolls and crystal flasks) AFTER the sorcerers style residences quest. Most people get their guest race buildings up to level 4 before working on the tree as being a good way to do it, so why we would want 20 productions of each goods type after they've already upgraded all their buildings is somewhat of a mystery and a total waste of time...

DeletedUser1829

I've no idea what the quest "Necromancers" was in S&D, I've got through all the quests so far and am back to having 2 sets of the declinable quests.

There was only one incredibly annoying quest for me and that was to produce 20 of each of the 5hr productions of the faculties (soul catchers, arcane scrolls and crystal flasks) AFTER the sorcerers style residences quest. Most people get their guest race buildings up to level 4 before working on the tree as being a good way to do it, so why we would want 20 productions of each goods type after they've already upgraded all their buildings is somewhat of a mystery and a total waste of time...

I hope that is the decline-able one, what a waste of resources if you have already upgraded your university.

Killiak

Artisan
Hmm. Nothing on fixing your combat AI for players.
Is that actually being brought up, or is there any work being done on that? The silence is deafening.

Deleted User - 13667

Hmm. Nothing on fixing your combat AI for players.
Is that actually being brought up, or is there any work being done on that? The silence is deafening.
The only work that seems to be done for the poorly done up battle system were the potraits, the skills renaming and changes to reinvent the entire system from easy peazy battles to something that does not work at all at higher levels :rolleyes:

Graphics and nothing but more graphics being added seem to the persistent way upheld here.

The removal of this slow refreshing of the fellowship page where you get sent back to page 1 after a second or 2 is still there.

This totally useless feature of zoom back to townhall each and every time you leave the research page existed since the beginning.

No improvements to loading time. Only more graphics that seems to cause a slower response and would sometimes cause you to reload. The only improvement to this a long time back was the uproar of having pigheads on walls as sprites in the background that disappear as you build up the area and the programmers actually removed it!

The MA system still remains. White elephant.
Tournament. high high losses mostly with low low rewards.
AW runes remain unique to each type AW.
Cyclical quests still requires your mighty effort to decline.
You still need to build 3 different buildings to build the various types of units in the game.

I guess the only good point about this update is so far the fact that there is no additional research where you have to go back to do up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Why to change the battle AI ? you just have to hover on each of your troop searching the one that will highlight the most of your ennemies, put 5 of them on the battlefield, click autofight and if you aren't facing too powerfull ennemies, you'll win... That works perfectly in the tournaments...

Now, if you do this on the map, and you can't win against the ennemies, that's just because you already went too far... either you wait for squad sizes upgrades, either you boost your fabrics and negociate... I'm negociating all my encounters and my only limit is that my scout needs 2 days to do his job... but I won't ask a speeder for my scout, that's just that I've reached the game limits... ;)

Killiak

Artisan
Why to change the battle AI ? you just have to hover on each of your troop searching the one that will highlight the most of your ennemies, put 5 of them on the battlefield, click autofight and if you aren't facing too powerfull ennemies, you'll win... That works perfectly in the tournaments...

Now, if you do this on the map, and you can't win against the ennemies, that's just because you already went too far... either you wait for squad sizes upgrades, either you boost your fabrics and negociate... I'm negociating all my encounters and my only limit is that my scout needs 2 days to do his job... but I won't ask a speeder for my scout, that's just that I've reached the game limits... ;)

Sorry, this is nonsense.
The player battle AI is poor and will not make good decisions, whereas the enemy actually does use focussed fire and takes down the bigger threats first. When I do fights MYSELF I can easily win fights with a lot less losses that the battle AI loses constantly.

I have tried this several times in tournaments AND on the map. The player battle AI is just very poor.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Is that so hard to understand that some of you aren't wining because they are "too far" ? That's intended, that's how it is.

The AI is the same for you or for the opponents... You don't seriously think the devs have time to develop an AI for the game units and another for your units, do you ? It's already pretentious enough to call a few target priority rules and moving strategies an AI... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Killiak

Artisan
Is that so hard to understand that some of you aren't wining because they are "too far" ? That's intended, that's how it is.

The AI is the same for you or for the opponents... You don't seriously think the devs have time to develop an AI for the game units and another for your units, do you ?

As I have told you before.; feel free to watch your troops in action. But be warned, I won't compensate you for any damage caused by the facepalming.

Also, I am talking about third province, 2-star TOURNAMENT.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
actually, I ran trough the silk tournament with a basic full blessed paladin (heavy melee) in autofight... I just had to use full light melee against enchanteres/cerberus combos with more than 50% enchanteress and I had to cater some encounters that was too mixed and oversized...

You have to use full-same-type when using autofight because it doesn't manage well different speeds (it just doesn't know when to wait), for you as well as the opponent...

Killiak

Artisan
actually, I ran trough the silk tournament with a basic full blessed paladin (heavy melee) in autofight... I just had to use full light melee against enchanteres/cerberus combos with more than 50% enchanteress and I had to cater some encounters that was too mixed and oversized...

You have to use full-same-type when using autofight because it doesn't manage well different speeds (it just doesn't know when to wait), for you as well as the opponent...

Fights where I lost 5 squads, which I then win if I take personal control and only lose 1,5 squads. Same configuration.

So now you are also saying the AI can't manage properly and is bad? Good. Inno needs to fix their battle crap system.