• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.23 + Sorcerers & Dragons

DeletedUser3032

@gandolfus
@Dizzy Lizzie It's easy enough for them to rotate buildings. Flip the things horizontally. ;/

Yes the front of the building will be pointing to the south west but who cares. Doesn't matter if our roads run left > right or up > down. The buildings do not always face the road side now as it is!!!! So flipping them is the solution. ;/ Simple easy.

ORGINAL. Elves lvl 19 residence
elv_1.png

ROTATE
elv_2.png

Want me to do all the buildings for every level? I'm sure I could knock it out in a afternoon for a few 100$ :)

DeletedUser2886

NOT laziness

You do realise I wasn't the first person to say it was lazy design? The person I quoted said it was lazy. I just agreed with them. Also they talked about the original design concept being lazy hence why the amount of work to produce a more acceptable feature would take too long, in your opinion. They nor I said they were too lazy to fix it, although many people do think that

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3097

I am very happy to plan and move my buildings without rotation and do not want storage.... To me that is part of the challenge ;)
I agree with you- I've just moved to Dwarves and spent a very enjoyable hour planning how to change my city to accommodate the different shapes and orientation of the new residences and workshops. :)

by peeling the sticky colors squares off and putting them where you need them.
- just unscrew it- ooops did I just admit to doing that? :rolleyes:

DeletedUser3034

You do realise I wasn't the first person to say it was lazy design? The person I quoted said it was lazy. I just agreed with them
Never mentioned you at all. Merely explained that calling it "laziness" is not appropriate.

DeletedUser2886

I like the slide puzzzle thought, what came to me was solving Rub****s Cube by peeling the sticky colors squares off and putting them where you need them.
again that's a weak analogy because rubiks cube is based on ROTATION in all directions. You cant just rotate your city in all directions at any given time, and again every square is the exact same size and shape, unlike the buildings in this game being all different shapes.
A true analogy from a rubiks cube perspective would be to say you cant rotate the cube at all. It's therefore impossible to move anything anywhere and complete the cube if such a restriction is imposed unless of course you do one of the following.

1) remove the stickers and replace them afterwards. Sure this is cheating in the rubiks cube and would make the puzzle easier, but you can't just compare it to a game which is completely different
2) remove the stickers but have to able to throw them away (the sell function in game). This would make it impossible to complete the puzzle.

Never mentioned you at all. Merely explained that calling it "laziness" is not appropriate.

never mentioned me? you quoted me. And like I said I'm just reminding you that if it's not appropriate there was someone else who said it was lazy before me. I just quoted them and agreed.

DeletedUser3097

Interesting conversation but we need to make sure we keep to the topic of the thread,
Version 1.23 + Sorcerers & Dragons :p

DeletedUser2886

Interesting conversation but we need to make sure we keep to the topic of the thread,
Version 1.23 + Sorcerers & Dragons :p
[Moderator Edit: offtopic- please keep to the thread topic as previously requested.]

Killiak

Artisan
Has there been any discussion within the dev-team on the discrepancy between player-AI and enemy-AI? This was talked about on the beta forum a bit, but without much result.

It very much seems like our units underwent a lobotomy whereas the enemy took some useful courses from Sun Tzu. Not everybody has the time to run every fight personally, and it increases our troop losses when (auto-)fighting.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I'm doing all the tournaments with autofight and the right troops (generally full same type to avoid ungrouping because of different "speeds") and I think the IA is working fine for either side...:p

I'm impatient to have only 4 encounters by tournament round though o_O

What annoys me more is that Inno sometimes sounds like Cylons by the "... And they have a plan" side... :oops:

DeletedUser2863

Sorry for going a little off-topic, but
"A philosopher said: "If you place 99 monkeys in front of 99 typewriters during 99 years, one of them will write Shakespeare's [complete works]"
No, the theorem (called the Infinite Monkey Theorem) is that if you have an infinite amount of monkeys in front of an infinite amount of typewriters for an infinite amount of time, the complete works of William Shakespeare would indeed be written not only once but an infinite amount of times. :D
And any other finite combination of words and letters as well, of course, including what I just wrote. :eek:

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Sorry for going a little off-topic, but

No, the theorem (called the Infinite Monkey Theorem) is that if you have an infinite amount of monkeys in front of an infinite amount of typewriters for an infinite amount of time, the complete works of William Shakespeare would indeed be written not only once but an infinite amount of times. :D
And any other finite combination of words and letters as well, of course, including what I just wrote. :eek:
So, if the guy I'm reporting the words made a bad quote, I'm right saying he was wrong... :p
We then agreed on a parallel disagreement... :rolleyes:
Thanks for the original IMT ;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser1345

I can see that in S&D I'm going to be held back in tech research, yet again, by slow mana production... :(

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I can see that in S&D I'm going to be held back in tech research, yet again, by slow mana production... :(
You can build temporary extra Willows on the futur settlement place during the settlement buildings researche... then you remove them to build the settlement... the time you'll need to make the S&D products, a basic 8-10 willows will be enough... ;)
... and the Arcane Library that you can research fast is 2 times more efficient with mana then Willows...

DeletedUser1345

... and the Arcane Library that you can research fast is 2 times more efficient with mana then Willows...
Yeah, I'll be building Libraries all over the city....but by the looks of the research requirements, it will be a while before that happens.

DeletedUser1345

Well, I managed squeeze-in the 1st level Campus and 8 Faculty buildings - and only had to sacrifice one large culture building to find the space.
Not sure what I'll do when it comes time to upgrade the campus - not to mention upgrade the residences, hall, and manufactories - but I'll worry about that then.
It's not easy when you've never dropped any real money on expansions! :rolleyes:

firerock

Enchanter
Maybe the people who like spending (hours) relaying out their city have too much free time, and can't play this game in the middle of day or while at work. Most of us cant, we have jobs and get about 20 mins here and there to play it, so doing this sort of replanning is IMO crazy for people like me who do not have countless hours to waste. This game (as it has done from the start) needs a way to reorganise your city where you can save off a plan as inprogress and then implement.

IF you want to know what the players think, send everyone an mail in game or have it display when they log in, and ask them to select one of 3 options, Re-plan option, no re-plan option (as is), or don't care. You'll never do it as you know that the majority DO want it. I asked EVERY member of my fellowship and bar 2 that didn't care, they all said they wanted one. I worded it neutral too so as to not influence choices. So I'd be REALLY interested if any other fellowship have done the same or indeed if Inno care to ACTUALLY involve their users, rather than say "that's the way it is and we aren't changing it!" and stick the proverbial two fingers up. ?

Last edited:

DeletedUser3032

IF you want to know what the players think, send everyone an mail in game or have it display when they log in, and ask them to select one of 3 options, Re-plan option, no re-plan option (as is), or don't care.

This is definitely a good idea for any 'real' constructive feedback. Forums of all servers for this game are dead as people cannot be bothered to register for both game and forums so there is not a big consensus of anything whether that be ideas or problems within the game.

All they need is 1 popup window a week after an update to be displayed on login with a message and 3 options sort of like a poll. Love it, Hate it, More. If they click the X then it's fair to say they do not care either way. With the 'more' option, take the user to the forum page where they can actually give some extra feedback on the subject/update. Might actually encourage people to use the forums a little more...

In the end, you will have 100% feedback, 348 Loves, 222 Hates, 100 More, 330 Do Not Care. Shabam!!!!!!!!!!

Love + Do Not Care = 578
Hate + Do Not Care = 552

Because it's close neither wins until forums are checked for feedback. If the figures are separated by more than the 'MORE' total then it's safe to say the highest is the winner. Therefore you have your answer.

Because 'More' could be either Love or Hate, read the posts and make 'INFORMED' decisions on new features/changes to the game instead of CRAP you come up with half the time.

This would give 100% feedback from current players which will benefit further game development and changes the WHOLE community wants, not just 20 people here, 20 people on US servers and 21.34 people between the others who use/contribute on the forums.