• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.23 + Sorcerers & Dragons

Killiak

Artisan
After having tested it a few times, I can confidently say that the A.I. update worked for the enemy units. But player units will do the most stupid things and will lose fights they should easily have won.

Another thing to add to the ever increasing fail-list.

DeletedUser315

I am a loyal long standing cash player. With every update I get more fustrated. I feel posting problems on here makes no difference. My big problem is space. Why evolve a game with restricted space? I find I need to delete buildings to advance into the next guest race. My position jumps from top 30 to top 50. It will cost me £75 for the next premium expansion, which, I am not paying. I could buy "magic" building and delete normal ones but I am so peeved with it all now will not bother since if this keeps up I will no longer play. I am a builder who loves a game where progression is the name of the game and this one seems to be going backwards. :(

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
All these fancy new updates are not only causing problems with mail, chat, and culture help, but they are not giving us two important things that I know have been asked for.....A way to rotate current buildings and a storage building to make moving current buildings around easier in the space we already have.
2 thing they have repeatedly said they wouldn't add because it would make the game too easy.
You can keep asking the same thing over and over, but you have to listen to the answer aswell.

Timneh

Artisan
All these fancy new updates are not only causing problems with mail, chat, and culture help, but they are not giving us two important things that I know have been asked for.....A way to rotate current buildings and a storage building to make moving current buildings around easier in the space we already have.

In yesterdays live Q&A session the game designer said there is never going to be the option to rotate buildings but they are THINKING about some sort of storage idea although they have no intention of making things easy when it comes to rearranging your city as they think that is a part of the challenge of the game.

I am a loyal long standing cash player. With every update I get more fustrated. I feel posting problems on here makes no difference. My big problem is space. Why evolve a game with restricted space? I find I need to delete buildings to advance into the next guest race. My position jumps from top 30 to top 50. It will cost me £75 for the next premium expansion, which, I am not paying. I could buy "magic" building and delete normal ones but I am so peeved with it all now will not bother since if this keeps up I will no longer play. I am a builder who loves a game where progression is the name of the game and this one seems to be going backwards

The issue of space was also mentioned in the session and again the designer said this was intentional to make players think of how to maximise space they have by maybe deleting buildings that are no longer needed i.e. manufactories when the need for certain goods becomes less.

A few of the things that were said did nothing to help with people thinking that Inno are making players play the way they want them to play, when the change to the wholesaler was mentioned the designer said it was to FORCE PLAYERS to stop using the wholesaler and it seemed (to me at least) that the questions they answered were being cherry picked.

DeletedUser315

They can keep repeating that the issue of space is to make players think of how to maximise space but noone believes it, is complete baloney, it's about cash.
You only have to look at the top player scores and cities, they are full of premium buildings, most players can't afford. or even want to play this way.

What is the point in rankings if we need to be deleting manufactories when we have less need for resourses?

If they now don't want us to use the Wholesaler get rid of it and give us something else to spend surplus coins and tools on.

My previous statement still stands.
I play these kind of games because I like to build and grow not build run out of space and then have to start deleting , that to me is going backwards and there is only so far backwards I will go before I find a new game to spend my cash on.

Deleted User - 13667

I wonder if anyone else is having the same issue when receiving coins from visits by others.

I get to see 87000 each time I login to collect now. This happens to be the amount I receive per visit before this "upgrade". But the amount seems to reflect correctly when added to the coffers

DeletedUser2886

Ooooh, 2 city expansions! Only update of 50 residences requires 6 expansions. :eek:

I'm sure that most of the players who reaches chapter X is far beyond the requirement of 220 completed provinces and can't fight due to limitation of the battle system. For them Inno prepared 4 useless squad size upgrades. o_O

And yeah, scouting of a province at the ring 14 in WoodElves exceeds 75 hours! :confused:

Bravo greedy Inno! :D:D:D
Nail, Head

however the thing that I have struggled with the most is not enough gold or supplies... I even had to vist ALL my neighbours!
Main Hall NH + Quest Cycling > Culture NH. I am always at maximum coins and supplies and use the kp bar to offload coins and the wholesaler to offload supplies. When the KP bar gets too expensive to buy a kp I'll jut use the wholesaler to offload coins. I have 100% culture bonus and culture is my 3rd choice in my city title. Basically it never gets applied unless someone decides to polish one of my culture buildings for some "odd" reason. That's the polite version of those type of people

The majority of the fan base agree with this suggestion. Sadly it's never going to happen as they keep saying no attributing it to difficulty (wrongly)

I am a loyal long standing cash player. With every update I get more fustrated. I feel posting problems on here makes no difference. My big problem is space. Why evolve a game with restricted space? I find I need to delete buildings to advance into the next guest race. My position jumps from top 30 to top 50. It will cost me £75 for the next premium expansion, which, I am not paying. I could buy "magic" building and delete normal ones but I am so peeved with it all now will not bother since if this keeps up I will no longer play. I am a builder who loves a game where progression is the name of the game and this one seems to be going backwards. :(
Correct. Posting most things here makes no actual difference in the long run, and the "progression" is exactly as you described it imo. I rarely if ever buy diamonds in this game, and I think it's disgusting the prices you just quoted for ONE expansion. I have no problem with In App Purchases on games either and have utilized them a lot in the past with games like Pokémon GO on android, and various DLCs on the playstation network.

A few of the things that were said did nothing to help with people thinking that Inno are making players play the way they want them to play, when the change to the wholesaler was mentioned the designer said it was to FORCE PLAYERS to stop using the wholesaler and it seemed (to me at least) that the questions they answered were being cherry picked.
Yeah they've been trying to force us to play their way for a while basically, and the answers they give to decisions that aren't received well make no sense so yeah I think "cherry picking" is a good word to use. Imo the game took off more than they ever expected (you can see evidence of this in the various developer interviews on their website) and they just thought "ooh lets try and make as much money as possible as we can from this now while we can". I think it's fine to make money but I really think it's backfired and like you said they will only notice their mistakes when it's too late

They can keep repeating that the issue of space is to make players think of how to maximise space but noone believes it, is complete baloney, it's about cash.
You only have to look at the top player scores and cities, they are full of premium buildings, most players can't afford. or even want to play this way.

What is the point in rankings if we need to be deleting manufactories when we have less need for resourses?

If they now don't want us to use the Wholesaler get rid of it and give us something else to spend surplus coins and tools on.

My previous statement still stands.
I play these kind of games because I like to build and grow not build run out of space and then have to start deleting , that to me is going backwards and there is only so far backwards I will go before I find a new game to spend my cash on.
So much truth here. Sadly if the decision makers aren't even willing to recognize any of the problems you just mentioned then ultimately it's falling on deaf ears

I wonder if anyone else is having the same issue when receiving coins from visits by others.

I get to see 87000 each time I login to collect now. This happens to be the amount I receive per visit before this "upgrade". But the amount seems to reflect correctly when added to the coffers

It's a bug with the display. It shows 1% of your maximum coin capacity I believe but you do actually receive the correct amount. The problem with this is it's hard to tell how many coins you actually received so a lot will probably end up wasting coins. Checking notifications isn't a reliable way because you could have 9 pages of trades in there, and would the 9 page limit be able to account for everyone that helped you if you have many neighbours? Example...you have 3.9m coins and your capacity is 4.4...it shows 4400 coins, then when you click it you receive 900k coins. Those coins are lost forever and it forced you to buy some KP/use the wholesaler or whatever and guess how many coins you might be receiving. Several people have placed tickets to support including myself. I received an instant reply to the ticket yesterday saying it was of high priority...but the problem still remains when I logged in today

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2886

Please supply your evidence for this opinion.
the amount of posts I see on here about adding rotation and storage, and the amount of likes they receive, and the general agreements via the comments. Then there are all the fellowship comments I've seen and heard about this that basically are complaints about these two features ceasing to exist. Then there is the negativity surrounding Innogames explanation for why they don't exist and will never exist. Lastly facebook group posts of people complaining about the limitations imposed without rotation and storage

In short the amount of people I have seen that oppose the idea of rotation and temp storage are in a minority

DeletedUser3034

Or we (those who understand why) simply don't need to shout about it. It is the way it is, won't change, so we have no need to complain. Several reasons have been given for the decision, and they are valid as well as making sense.

DeletedUser3032

the amount of posts I see on here about adding rotation and storage, and the amount of likes they receive, and the general agreements via the comments. Then there are all the fellowship comments I've seen and heard about this that basically are complaints about these two features ceasing to exist. Then there is the negativity surrounding Innogames explanation for why they don't exist and will never exist. Lastly facebook group posts of people complaining about the limitations imposed without rotation and storage

In short the amount of people I have seen that oppose the idea of rotation and temp storage are in a minority

More than likely they would have to redesign all the buildings. Although they look 3D they are probably not because if they were it would be quite simple to make them rotate. Heres a picture of an example of the file of a building before it gets rendered. It's probable that this is not how Elvenar buildings are designed. I may be wrong though.

d636e0b8a1fffdf4508004f80737b9ff.jpg

source: https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/347692033702925751/

DeletedUser3034

I think you're right King0r, as they weren't designed to be rotated, there would be no need for a 3D wire frame when a lovely 2D picture would do the job.

DeletedUser3032

I can confirm they are not rendered 3d buildings. They are just split into 2 parts.

1. General static image of the building
2. Animated parts of the building (timeline of X amount of seconds before it replays). Which are overlayed over the top of the static image (1).

1:
g_humans_factoryfabric_10-07c4877e82c548043dd8d5ae8302116b.png

2:
g_a_humans_factoryfabric_10-a3814e4a6ac4fb855a30e948f6311530.png

They are then rendered. So no 3D wire frames at all. So this would mean they would need to remake the entire collection of all buildings for each level again!!!!

Very lazy approach of making a game in the first place IMO.

DeletedUser2886

Or we (those who understand why) simply don't need to shout about it. It is the way it is, won't change, so we have no need to complain. Several reasons have been given for the decision, and they are valid as well as making sense.
I can confirm they are not rendered 3d buildings. They are just split into 2 parts.

1. General static image of the building
2. Animated parts of the building (timeline of X amount of seconds before it replays). Which are overlayed over the top of the static image (1).

1:
g_humans_factoryfabric_10-07c4877e82c548043dd8d5ae8302116b.png

2:
g_a_humans_factoryfabric_10-a3814e4a6ac4fb855a30e948f6311530.png

They are then rendered. So no 3D wire frames at all. So this would mean they would need to remake the entire collection of all buildings for each level again!!!!

Very lazy approach of making a game in the first place IMO.
ah so basically they give some lame excuse for their own laziness. This explains why so many people take issue with the "difficulty" excuse. Clearly they just cant be bothered to redo everything. Surely we can rotate static image before doing the production though?

DeletedUser3097

You are stating an opinion based on the people you have spoken to but it cannot be described as a representative group.

Have you had an opportunity to watch this video?
It will answer your questions about rotation and storage.

This game reminds me of the slide puzzle- this slide puzzle would be made easier if you could simply pick up the pieces and move them to their new position but that is not the nature of the game. Similarly in Elvenar, it is necessary to plan how to fit in all the pieces.
cc1d93a3a50d0f6deb72a10eaafa57a5.jpg

DeletedUser2886

You are stating an opinion based on the people you have spoken to but it cannot be described as a representative group.

Have you had an opportunity to watch this video?
It will answer your questions about rotation and storage.

This game reminds me of the slide puzzle- this slide puzzle would be made easier if you could simply pick up the pieces and move them to their new position but that is not the nature of the game. Similarly in Elvenar, it is necessary to plan how to fit in all the pieces.
cc1d93a3a50d0f6deb72a10eaafa57a5.jpg

Well whoever this minority is they aren't speaking loud enough then because the amount that support rotation and storage are overwhelmingly higher in my experience...so yes on the contrary that is evidence and a representative group

Secondly your analogy of the slide puzzle is a weak one because it's not the same thing at all unless everyone has one expansion worth of storage free at all times. Also every building is a different size and some are BIGGER than one expansion. Comparing it to a puzzle where every piece is the exact same size and a permanent space the same size of a piece is a weak analogy, sorry.

Of course if you have an expansion worth of free space and all buildings are the exact same size then you can move things around easily in this game, but that's not the case. For example if this slide puzzle had a piece that's an L-shape, and another that's a 4 piece square how do you move them around? You don't it's that simple. It's literally impossible until you take squares out completely and place them outside the puzzle

The true analogy would be take out pieces from the slide puzzle that you can never replace without rebuilding them (sell function in game) to create enough room to move buildings around

The storage suggestion just allows you to keep things and still move things around

DeletedUser3034

ah so basically they give some lame excuse for their own laziness. This explains why so many people take issue with the "difficulty" excuse.

Laziness? To repaint the image, at the quality and detail it has, is likely to take more than an hour a side. Times 3 sides each, times the number of buildings in the entirety of the game.... NOT laziness, but certainly would be a costly proposition, not including putting all other projects on hold for the duration. When you, I, and everyone else chose to play this game, the buildings did not rotate, and there were no plans to have them do so.

Whether you like the dev's reasons for the way they chose to handle buildings, they have said every time that it was designed to add to the challenge, and never made 'excuses', rather they clearly stated their reasons.

Surely we can rotate static image before doing the production though?
As to rotating the images that exist,:
1) Defeats the challenge aspect
2) Take your favorite graphics program, take the image and rotate it. I tried, doesn't work well, and looks all wrong.