• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.21

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
We have been asked to discuss our upcoming update to version 1.21... nowhere does it say that we must wait until AFTER we have had the update.

Actually if you want to nag about details: they ask us to discuss the UPCOMING update, since once its installed its no longer upcoming, we arent supposed to discuss it anymore after the new version is live .....

DeletedUser1353

"Fixed some tooltips in battle"

Does this refer to the unit skills (debuffs) not working at all in battles?

DeletedUser2886

This update is completely irrelevant to anyone in eras 1-3.

Tournaments for fellowships?
Banshee troop in era 5?
bug fixes?

Are you serious? How about you fix your terrible battle system, and fix the scaling issue. How about you address the fact we cant rotate buildings or have a decent way to rebuild our cities when buildings expand because there is no storage facility and you force us to sell roads to make space and get nothing back from selling the roads? Great?! How about you make the UI for neighbourly help a little more friendly too instead of tedious? What about all the cities that have been abandoned with only two residences?

I was curious to see what your focus was for a new update and honestly I am disappointed. Judging by the things you have added to this update I see that you clearly think everything else about your game is perfect and have no intention of addressing important things

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1829

There are also more users represented by live server forums then beta forums so a chance more feedback from a wider user base even though it is tiny compared to the player base.
This update is completely irrelevant to anyone in eras 1-3.

Tournaments for fellowships?

I would love to know your logic as to why this is useless for era 1-3 towns when tournaments are becoming fellowship based which will impact (and generally beneficially) for anyone in a fellowship. I know era 3 towns that can regularly hit the top 100 sometimes even top 10 in tournaments. They have a distinct advantage in catering and combat is also very effective for them.

I have not tested era 1-2 towns but was informed their catering costs a re even cheaper. Add to this that those towns in era 1 & 2 now get tournaments for free no more researching it so it saves them KP and they can obtain relics from tournaments far earlier increasing their boosts.

Personally I think era 1-3 towns get the most benefit out of the tournament change.

DeletedUser2886

the added troop comes in era 5 so is pointless

also umm no...era 3 towns combat is not effective in the slightest. combat is only relevant for 30 minutes in era 1. combat has always been irrelevant past a certain point lol

tournaments were only unlocked late era 2 or 3 iirc

making tournaments fellowship based is changing what exactly? this is the only thing that will affect me in the update and whatever it is, is probably worthless

the update is weak, sorry but its fact and they are ignoring more important things for pointless stuff

There are also more users represented by live server forums then beta forums so a chance more feedback from a wider user base even though it is tiny compared to the player base.

I would love to know your logic as to why this is useless for era 1-3 towns when tournaments are becoming fellowship based which will impact (and generally beneficially) for anyone in a fellowship. I know era 3 towns that can regularly hit the top 100 sometimes even top 10 in tournaments. They have a distinct advantage in catering and combat is also very effective for them.

I have not tested era 1-2 towns but was informed their catering costs a re even cheaper. Add to this that those towns in era 1 & 2 now get tournaments for free no more researching it so it saves them KP and they can obtain relics from tournaments far earlier increasing their boosts.

Personally I think era 1-3 towns get the most benefit out of the tournament change.

regarding catering....yes I finish top or near the top regularly. but I still don't see what changing tournaments to fellowship has to do with anything. whatever the benefits/downsides they are it just overall seems irrelevant

also the fact you only highlighted that one irrelevant thing kinda means you have nothing to say about all the other stuff I mentioned...which kinda only validates it

Edit by Muf-Muf: Merged three posts into one.

DeletedUser1829

the added troop comes in era 5 so is pointless

also umm no...era 3 towns combat is not effective in the slightest. combat is only relevant for 30 minutes in era 1. combat has always been irrelevant past a certain point lol

Era 3 is where all troop types become available. Troop types unlock as follows (both races)
  • Era 1 - Light melee, light range
  • Era 2 - Heavy Melee
  • Era 3 - Heavy Range and Mage
Every tournament and world map province relies on a single key unit type to be effective (in its simplest form) Combat in Era 1 and 2 is difficult as you can be facing provinces requiring a troop type that you do not have access to. From Era 3 you can access all unit types making combat effctive for all provinces as you now have the needed key unit.

The unit in this update comes in era 5 but has nothing to do with what I was referring to about an era 1-3 town and its effectiveness in a tournament as those towns won't have this unit.

I still don't see what changing tournaments to fellowship has to do with anything. whatever the benefits/downsides they are it just overall seems irrelevant

Current system works that players around you and your tournament performance add together to try to reach 5 community goals and achieve extra prizes. For the majority of people they never get very far other then their own results due to the difficulties and activeness for the community to work together. For the new system the total of your score and your fellowship is combined to try and achieve 10 prizes. The prizes include KP, relics, runes and the last one is the blueprint.

The first couple levels are not too hard to achieve, if your fellowship participates as much as your community then you will notice little perhaps even a negative effect. For those with a moderate to active fellowship they will enjoy KP, relics and runes where previously they only got relics or nothing.

also the fact you only highlighted that one irrelevant thing kinda means you have nothing to say about all the other stuff I mentioned...which kinda only validates it

Not at all, what you and I see as relevant are completely different. I have a different understanding of the other matters you mentioned and the majority are not pertinent to a discussion on this update so I ignored them.

Edit:
Kiliak yes I am watching to see what happens there but I don't think it will lessen the benefits to era 1 and 2 towns of saving 40kp and getting into relics for boost sooner which is likely their greatest win in this update. Personally I don't expect blueprints to become achievable as they are obviously trying to make them extremely difficult and the countdown timer between tournament hinders many people in getting to the last tournament level.

Unless a blueprint gains significant benefits or generates extra expansions I just can't see many people (free players at least) bothering to try and obtain them.

DeletedUser2886

Era 3 is where all troop types become available. Troop types unlock as follows (both races)
  • Era 1 - Light melee, light range
  • Era 2 - Heavy Melee
  • Era 3 - Heavy Range and Mage
Every tournament and world map province relies on a single key unit type to be effective (in its simplest form) Combat in Era 1 and 2 is difficult as you can be facing provinces requiring a troop type that you do not have access to. From Era 3 you can access all unit types making combat effctive for all provinces as you now have the needed key unit.

The unit in this update comes in era 5 but has nothing to do with what I was referring to about an era 1-3 town and its effectiveness in a tournament as those towns won't have this unit.

Current system works that players around you and your tournament performance add together to try to reach 5 community goals and achieve extra prizes. For the majority of people they never get very far other then their own results due to the difficulties and activeness for the community to work together. For the new system the total of your score and your fellowship is combined to try and achieve 10 prizes. The prizes include KP, relics, runes and the last one is the blueprint.

The first couple levels are not too hard to achieve, if your fellowship participates as much as your community then you will notice little perhaps even a negative effect. For those with a moderate to active fellowship they will enjoy KP, relics and runes where previously they only got relics or nothing.

Not at all, what you and I see as relevant are completely different. I have a different understanding of the other matters you mentioned and the majority are not pertinent to a discussion on this update so I ignored them.

Edit:
Kiliak yes I am watching to see what happens there but I don't think it will lessen the benefits to era 1 and 2 towns of saving 40kp and getting into relics for boost sooner which is likely their greatest win in this update. Personally I don't expect blueprints to become achievable as they are obviously trying to make them extremely difficult and the countdown timer between tournament hinders many people in getting to the last tournament level.

Unless a blueprint gains significant benefits or generates extra expansions I just can't see many people (free players at least) bothering to try and obtain them.

it doesn't matter what troops you have if the squad sizes are 1:4 every time. a child could work out what is strong against what. 96 vs 498 is what you call imbalanced dude and it needs fixing because it just gets worse and worse the more you expand. last time I battled was so long ago I cant even remember

DeletedUser1829

it doesn't matter what troops you have if the squad sizes are 1:4 every time.

We have been talking in relation to tournaments so enemy squad sizes are:
0-star: enemy is 85% of your own
1-star: 100%
2-star: 115%
3-star: 130%
4-star: 145%
5-star: 160%

Most tournaments can be done on auto-combat up to around level 4, there is some variance between provinces. Era also impacts ability to auto combat but less so than province type in my experience.

In respect to the world map the fights are not imbalanced, there is plenty of information out there as to the game mechanics of this so that players can make informed choices about how they choose to apply their strategy and have a lot of control on what enemy squad sizes will be. The way it was implemented over the top of the existing system and the communication around that for the players who had the mechanics change suddenly on them, that is unfair but that is a different matter and discussion.

DeletedUser2886

We have been talking in relation to tournaments so enemy squad sizes are:
0-star: enemy is 85% of your own
1-star: 100%
2-star: 115%
3-star: 130%
4-star: 145%
5-star: 160%

Most tournaments can be done on auto-combat up to around level 4, there is some variance between provinces. Era also impacts ability to auto combat but less so than province type in my experience.

In respect to the world map the fights are not imbalanced, there is plenty of information out there as to the game mechanics of this so that players can make informed choices about how they choose to apply their strategy and have a lot of control on what enemy squad sizes will be. The way it was implemented over the top of the existing system and the communication around that for the players who had the mechanics change suddenly on them, that is unfair but that is a different matter and discussion.

Actually i initially brought up this. You chose initially to ignore it then referenced it yourself by quoting me. Sorry but you are deluded about combat. Literally everything you said is false

Actually i initially brought up this. You chose initially to ignore it then referenced it yourself by quoting me. Sorry but you are deluded about combat. Literally everything you said is false
Its not just me who has these views. You act like im the only elvenar player who thinks squad sizes are imbalanced in both formats...its just more apparent in normal provinces but still present in tournaments. They should just change the button to auto-lose. Forcing you to play the dull combat manually which relies on rng and youll still never win even with rng luck...sigh. there are no tactics whatsoever. Like i said...a child could work out which troops work best against others. You need more than to win right now. I know...they should give us a pointless spell called "luck of the gods" which increases troop size by 1 lol

Edit by Muf-Muf: Merged two posts into one.

DeletedUser1353

Will probably fall on deaf ears, but here we go...

How about you address the fact we cant rotate buildings or have a decent way to rebuild our cities when buildings expand because there is no storage facility and you force us to sell roads to make space and get nothing back from selling the roads?
Many players are fine with this. It gives some worth into actually planning your village layout. Suggestions to for example rotate buildings have been around since the game started and have always been turned down, so dont expect to see this ever.

What about all the cities that have been abandoned with only two residences?
Another part of the update is that they will start moving inactive villages to the rim and active villages who have their option to move their village checked in will get moved in automaticly every week. Let's hope this works.

bug fixes?
Youre against that?

If you'd read the announcement you'd know that the research is being removed.

it doesn't matter what troops you have if the squad sizes are 1:4 every time.

Have you been in a tournament? Mykan is presenting legit information and you decide to answer with calling easy-to-lookup facts false.

Yes the game is very far from perfect, but posting unconstructive and mostly inaccurate feedback like this doesn't really help anyone imo.

Tiriake

Soothsayer
it doesn't matter what troops you have if the squad sizes are 1:4 every time. a child could work out what is strong against what. 96 vs 498 is what you call imbalanced dude and it needs fixing because it just gets worse and worse the more you expand. last time I battled was so long ago I cant even remember

I don't know how many provinces you have scouted or conquered. But you describe 1:4 odds, which means that according to the new "balanced" battle design you are simply no longer where you are supposed to be and so you are not supposed to win. At least that's how I got the new system, with odds that bad we are not even supposed to fight.

But that does not apply to tournaments. I mean I'm no where near where I'm supposed to be according to the devs and I have no problem with tournaments.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
"dogs are barking but the caravan moves" :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

If you're in era 1-3 then you can negotiate and its very very cheap to do so, even if you only did the first 2 provinces and nothing else you will still get rewards.

Personally, I only negotiate on the World Map because I've scouted way beyond what I should have done on all my cities and I just make troops for the tournaments, luckily the scouting too far issue doesn't affect tournaments so we're all on a level playing field for enemy squad size percentage. You should be able to get to rounds 3 or 4 on the first few provinces. I usually try for 8 provinces in round 1, 6 in round 2, 4 in round 3 and then continue as long as can before troop losses become too great. I'm not a fighter so I use auto-fight, I try a few combinations on the difficult encounters and then might use goods to cater if I've cleared more than 4 encounters on a province.

If you use Mykan's fighting guide then it helps a lot, I've told all the members of my FS about it and where to find it, I'm also making troops all the time so as to have enough.

The FS tournaments will be interesting and an opportunity to help those further down to get more rewards - after all thats part of what being in a Fellowship is all about.

DeletedUser2886

actually lisica when you have 12 provinces to go through for each tournament you do auto lose in even in tournaments. sure the first few rounds can be done with troops cause they are the equivalent of the very first few provinces you unlocked. And also the cater costs for those first few are ridiculously cheap. you can still lose on auto battle with a higher squad size too. id rather just cater and know for sure ill progress without wasting anything. In the last tournament I came second overall, and I won the won before that. All I did was cater. I have two cities and both are at 80 provinces unlocked. the next era in the research tree requires 50 unlocked. To be where the devs think you have to be youd literally have to play for like an hour a day. I play a lot more than that and min max on everything I can possibly can. I don't buy diamonds because that's retarded but I think its hilarious that they think I play their game "too fast".

waiting 7 hours for a province to scout now though isn't really fun (even though I know some players wait 22 hours and probably more). or a main hall upgrade costs almost the same as the total capacity of your coins lol

Will probably fall on deaf ears, but here we go... (just because I disagree with you doenst mean its falling on deaf ears. I hear you...I just disagree)

Many players are fine with this. It gives some worth into actually planning your village layout. Suggestions to for example rotate buildings have been around since the game started and have always been turned down, so dont expect to see this ever. (whatever. I vehemently disagree about it giving you worth. its obnoxious and limited for no reason. I know how I can change my village right now to maximize the current space but to do that I have to sell roads or wait to get several expansions which is bullshit)

Another part of the update is that they will start moving inactive villages to the rim and active villages who have their option to move their village checked in will get moved in automaticly every week. Let's hope this works. (good because they are wasting space and making it less productive for people to visit)

Youre against that?
(No I'm not against bug fixes but that's just no brainer stuff. hence why I'm calling the update weak. lets just call it a minor update cause it certainly aint a major update and they clearly have no plans for a major update because they think their game and its UI is perfect as is. otherwise they wouldn't be updating with stuff less important)

If you'd read the announcement you'd know that the research is being removed. (even so this is hardly anything to get excited about)

Have you been in a tournament? (yes i have. unless its my boost though or a good reward i dont really bother past the first provinces).
Mykan is presenting legit information and you decide to answer with calling easy-to-lookup facts false. (its not legit info because my game is completely different. its not my fault you and everyone else who thinks its balanced play the game at a snail pace)

Yes the game is very far from perfect, but posting unconstructive and mostly inaccurate feedback like this doesn't really help anyone imo. (you obviously think its perfect lol)

If you're in era 1-3 then you can negotiate and its very very cheap to do so, even if you only did the first 2 provinces and nothing else you will still get rewards.

Personally, I only negotiate on the World Map because I've scouted way beyond what I should have done on all my cities and I just make troops for the tournaments, luckily the scouting too far issue doesn't affect tournaments so we're all on a level playing field for enemy squad size percentage. You should be able to get to rounds 3 or 4 on the first few provinces. I usually try for 8 provinces in round 1, 6 in round 2, 4 in round 3 and then continue as long as can before troop losses become too great. I'm not a fighter so I use auto-fight, I try a few combinations on the difficult encounters and then might use goods to cater if I've cleared more than 4 encounters on a province.

If you use Mykan's fighting guide then it helps a lot, I've told all the members of my FS about it and where to find it, I'm also making troops all the time so as to have enough.

The FS tournaments will be interesting and an opportunity to help those further down to get more rewards - after all thats part of what being in a Fellowship is all about.

Mykans fighting guide is pointless when you have a 1:3 - 1:5 disadvantage. I just scouted a province and the lowest enemy encounter is 116 vs 398. there was a 500+ one. since it was only one type of troop I thought "oh maybe I have a chance ill use only troops that are strong against that type. auto defeat the first first time. second time I went manually and I had no chance.

Also before you say I need to improve my "skills" (lol) no offence but I've played hundreds of rpgs since the 90s and a 5 year old could figure out weaknesses/strengths. I honestly think its condescending that someone would have to resort to a guide. The battle system isn't even good if you play on manual. Disgaea/arc the lad/final fantasy tactics etc. its a style somewhere in the middle of turn based and hack and slash and pupports to offer strategy when really you are relying on the rng of enemy movements imo

They should try and think about players like me who progress faster than what is expected. I am not going to attempt to play slower (how would I even do that lol) because once I set my mind to something I go all out and look for the quickest way to achieve said goal and employ min/maxing techniques. People would say I'm playing too fast. I'd say people are playing too slow tbh

I don't know how many provinces you have scouted or conquered. But you describe 1:4 odds, which means that according to the new "balanced" battle design you are simply no longer where you are supposed to be and so you are not supposed to win. At least that's how I got the new system, with odds that bad we are not even supposed to fight.

But that does not apply to tournaments. I mean I'm no where near where I'm supposed to be according to the devs and I have no problem with tournaments.

when you say no problem what does this mean? do you just cater every province? if you do then that's the same as me...which renders new types of troops in era 5 pointless. if you can also come top or second as is...what is fellowship tournements bringing to the table...that spending time on fixing the UI, or balancing troops, or giving us a non retarded city management feature, would benefit players more

Edit by Muf-Muf: Merged 5 posts into one.

DeletedUser

actually lisica when you have 12 provinces to go through for each tournament you do auto lose in even in tournaments. sure the first few rounds can be done with troops cause they are the equivalent of the very first few provinces you unlocked. And also the cater costs for those first few are ridiculously cheap. you can still lose on auto battle with a higher squad size too. id rather just cater and know for sure ill progress without wasting anything. In the last tournament I came second overall, and I won the won before that. All I did was cater. I have two cities and both are at 80 provinces unlocked. the next era in the research tree requires 50 unlocked. To be where the devs think you have to be youd literally have to play for like an hour a day. I play a lot more than that and min max on everything I can possibly can. I don't buy diamonds because that's retarded but I think its hilarious that they think I play their game "too fast".

waiting 7 hours for a province to scout now though isn't really fun (even though I know some players wait 22 hours and probably more). or a main hall upgrade costs almost the same as the total capacity of your coins lol
My post wasn't about the world map, it was about tournaments - but if you do want to talk about scouting times then my last one (in my main city) was 2d 16h, I have cleared 349 provinces and scouted 357!
I don't necessarily do 12 provinces on each tournament, it depends on my needs and which city I'm currently on, why would you be doing 12 provinces per tournament?
Of course I go through a lot of troops, I use literally hundreds every tournament, but I just rebuild them.
I must have missed something but didn't see your name on either Arendyll or Winyandor's tournament rankings, or do you play under a different name?
Thanks for calling me retarded, I'm sure I and any other person who has used/uses diamonds will be happy to know your opinion.
Mykans fighting guide is pointless when you have a 1:3 - 1:5 disadvantage. I just scouted a province and the lowest enemy encounter is 116 vs 398. there was a 500+ one. since it was only one type of troop I thought "oh maybe I have a chance ill use only troops that are strong against that type. auto defeat the first first time. second time I went manually and I had no chance.

Also before you say I need to improve my "skills" (lol) no offence but I've played hundreds of rpgs since the 90s and a 5 year old could figure out weaknesses/strengths. I honestly think its condescending that someone would have to resort to a guide. The battle system isn't even good if you play on manual. Disgaea/arc the lad/final fantasy tactics etc. its a style somewhere in the middle of turn based and hack and slash and pupports to offer strategy when really you are relying on the rng of enemy movements imo

They should try and think about players like me who progress faster than what is expected. I am not going to attempt to play slower (how would I even do that lol) because once I set my mind to something I go all out and look for the quickest way to achieve said goal and employ min/maxing techniques. People would say I'm playing too fast. I'd say people are playing too slow tbh
Again, this is about tournaments not the world map, and I'm more than happy that you are fine not using a guide but personally as a non-fighter I'm really pleased that Mykan made it as I find it invaluable.
It's only going to get worse. If people really expect me to wait until my military research "catches up" before I try to scout again that is stupid. That would take months since you only get 24kp per day. I would flip it and say the pace they think you should be playing at is retardedly slow.
You should play the way you want to play but realise that there are limitations in place, after all most games have limitations which players either stay within or do their own thing.
when you say no problem what does this mean? do you just cater every province? if you do then that's the same as me...which renders new types of troops in era 5 pointless. if you can also come top or second as is...what is fellowship tournements bringing to the table...that spending time on fixing the UI, or balancing troops, or giving us a non retarded city management feature, would benefit players more
At the moment the tournaments are very hit and miss as a lot of us find that with only a very few active neighbours we rarely get to one of the high level chests even if we are able to get to level 6 on any provinces.
I have hundreds of discovered neighbours of whom about 9 are active and not all of these participate in tournaments, I do the most rounds/provinces but I never get to the top rewards. However by changing the tournaments and making them Fellowship based rather than neighbourhood based it turns it into an activity to do within the Fellowship. As an idea I think its really good because other than trading, extra visits and a bit of chat we don't get a lot from being in a FS. In practice I've no idea how it will actually be but the feedback from the beta forum on the tournaments has been of various problems, but until we see whether we have the exact same system or something that has been tweaked will have to wait until we try for ourselves.

I'm looking forward to this update but with reservations.

DeletedUser3034

Perhaps there is something to be said for getting a "refund" of the KP spent on tournament research, IF the person(s) wanting said refund are willing to give back every prize, award, etc. they have gotten as a result of said research. As I see it, the investment has more than repayed those who have made it.

Tiriake

Soothsayer
I am one of those players, who according to devs is too far advanced. I haven't won a single fight since battle update (which was what 3 months ago?!). Not even one fight. My only option is to cater and tournaments. In fact I got an answer from community mod back when mods still replied to players feedback/questions. When can I expect to be where I supposed to be in order to win fights. If I 'm fast I'll get there in 3 months. I have ranted too many times about how bad i think this battle update is and not a thing has gone better from it. So I'm just tired of this drama and out of hope that I ever actually see winable province fights. I still think that the new system is not balanced.

No, I use autofight for as far as I can (usually I get level 4 done with autofight, but that depends on the type of tournament) and then cater the rest.

In theory fellowship tournaments should help getting better prizes.

Edit by Muf-Muf: Merged two posts into one & removed part that refers to a now deleted post.

DeletedUser2886

I completely agree with your philosophy, but I would point out that some of us (myself included) actually CANNOT buy diamonds if we wished, due to financial considerations. This is not to say I disagree with others who use them, each plays as makes them feel good :)

exactly...and id feel better if squad sizes were fixedbalanced

Edit by Muf-Muf: Removed part of post that was inappropriate.