• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.21

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss our upcoming update to version 1.21. We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser2884

Hope you are not releasing it as is in beta with an impossible to achieve goal. The way it is requires a 25 man FS that is well into Orcs or above. Not everyone can fight the battles with the crap redesign not everyone can Cater with how much it costs with the bad scaling you have placed on numbers of provinces out from your own village.

Most importantly the 16 hour reset and the start times are impossible for anyone with a JOB and a REAL life to complete 6 stars in the provinces.
If you want people to not do the tournaments just delete them do not make them impossible to achieve and force players away.

Killiak

Artisan
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss our upcoming update to version 1.21. We're looking forward to hearing from you!

There is 10 pages worth of discussion about FS tournaments on the Beta forum (not very positive to say the least, per the usual), as well as another 3 pages worth of talk on the actual update release.
In the latter, Marindor states that the tournaments are being watched closely as well as the beta feedback thread. It doesn't show in the release.

Now I am terribly intrigued. The feedback so far shows that actually getting some good rewards, that is to say the highest tournament rewards, is practically impossible AND that smaller or less active fellowships are pretty much shit out luck. The version as it was on Beta is a rather harsh tournament, not very suited to newer players.
This also means that getting actual RELIC rewards is going to be downsized, whilst tournaments were supposed to keep players stuck on guest races able to gain them for quests and events. That is getting hampered now.

Inno has had some time to monitor as well as analyze all the feedback so far, so what are the exact changes made to the ACTUAL version 1.21 you are bringing to the live servers? And what are you going to do about relics in events versus the hampered relic acquisition?

I have been asking several times, but there's no answer; some answers would be lovely this time around.

DeletedUser

Unfortunately we've seen from beta how new updates are brought out, thoroughly tested by them with corresponding feedback only to have the exact same update rolled out to the live servers which then results in people leaving because yet another part of the game doesn't work as it should.

I can't see how 2 weeks has been sufficient time for the FS tournaments to be tested when the first week people couldn't even get to round 6 due to there being a bug and the rounds effectively ending after 5. This update has been announced before the 2nd beta testing week which seems that it is a fait accompli regardless of what the beta "testers" may report. There are so many issues around tournaments already like the 16h between each round, why hasn't this been fixed before rolling out yet another great update?

Elvenar has gone from a city building game where we could fight if we wanted to but for those like me who don't want to fight let alone have 3 different buildings for producing troops and (eventually) 15 different troop types could use goods instead into a game where most of the emphasis has been placed on fighting, the only difference that I can see between Elvenar and other games in the Innogames stable is that people can't raid your goods from your city.

DeletedUser1829

Hope you are not releasing it as is in beta with an impossible to achieve goal. The way it is requires a 25 man FS that is well into Orcs or above.
Nope not at all, towns in lower eras are more than capable of participating and participating well. The issue is the fact that on 7 live servers in the first tournament that only 28 people across all of those servers hit the target and we are suppose to find 25 on our own server and they need to be in the one fellowship. That said they have stated they are reviewing this so lets hope....

Most importantly the 16 hour reset and the start times are impossible for anyone with a JOB and a REAL life to complete 6 stars in the provinces.

Exactly

Was interesting to note the player movement is coming regularly, will be interesting to see. Are there plans to move safe harbour towns out as well? Increasing player density helps to a degree but there ate still plenty of vacant safe harbour towns around.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
i tought the 3 days between tournament were mainly so they could do maintenance and bug fixes. Wouldnt it be better to start the tournament on wednesday evening and let it run till sunday? instead of tuesday-saterday as it is now? Then you woudlnt have to move the tournament every time...
Or just change updateday to monday or tuesday would have the same result ofcourse.

DeletedUser487

My city isn't very well developed on the Beta server, but I found playing in the first two provinces very manageable for a beginning player, not demanding too many resources. It's a shame about all the negativity towards this as it is in theory a great idea, it's just a pity the execution hasn't been great.

Killiak

Artisan
My city isn't very well developed on the Beta server, but I found playing in the first two provinces very manageable for a beginning player, not demanding too many resources. It's a shame about all the negativity towards this as it is in theory a great idea, it's just a pity the execution hasn't been great.

Your post is a little contradictory.

- The first two provinces are manageable (not easy, or good; ... manageable?)
- Shame about the negativity

but

- In THEORY (so not practice?) it's a great idea
- The execution is so-so.

So you are simply agreeing with the criticism then. You can't get up high enough to get to the decent/good rewards, you need a very strong and active fellowship to get anywhere and the execution of the entire concept is poor. So is that like giving the devs a barely passing grade because they tried?

Don't confuse justified criticism with negativity.

DeletedUser

It seems to me, after many many years of observation, that there will always be negative reactions to ANY change. Often it is players who expect all changes to reflect their style of play, rather than thinking how to adapt their style to meet new challenges.
Tournaments have been an issue since they came out, the 16hrs between each round is more than most people can manage if they have a job or even some kind of life that doesn't revolve being tied to a keyboard at an exact time. Those of us who have been playing Elvenar in excess of 18 months have seen it all from no Fellowships, no tournaments, no additional places to train troops, no additional troop types beyond what could be produced at the barracks, no Magic Academy, no guest races... some changes to the game have worked out well, some have been totally appalling, but to say that we should think how to adapt our style to meet new challenges is far too simplistic. We don't actually expect all changes to reflect our style of play but we would like it if they would meet the needs of the majority rather than the 28 people across 7 live servers who were able to meet the targets set by Inno as reported on the beta forum last week.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
This version is a disaster waiting to happen if its being installed as it is now on beta. Im not talking about the tournament change, but rather about the many bugs they introduce when installing this version

Killiak

Artisan
I want to thank all the people who have found (will find ?) a TARDIS next week after the upgrade to be able to give us a feedback before this event has even happened...
lmbo :p

You'd be surprised what you can do with a little reading comprehension and a Beta forum.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
so... read this and you'd be surprised too...
Definition of feedback: Process in which the effect or output of an action is 'returned' (fed-back) to modify the next action.

It's never talking of the output of a project :rolleyes: ... because things to happen have no output yet.

DeletedUser

Dear Humans and Elves,

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
We have been asked to discuss our upcoming update to version 1.21... nowhere does it say that we must wait until AFTER we have had the update.

DeletedUser931

This post actually sums up the lack of logic that has become the norm. Please comment on an update yet to be released? Really????

DeletedUser3034

It does seem to be lacking logic. From what I read, some select people have been involved in Beta testing this. Good...and they have a Beta Forum to discuss it... again good. Presumably, all the issues and opinions get aired, discusssed and tharshed out there.

So what is the purpose of this thread? To rehash what has been posted, discussed, and argued there? All that does is bring new, uninformed voices into what has already been tossed back and forth it would seem.

DeletedUser

It does seem to be lacking logic. From what I read, some select people have been involved in Beta testing this. Good...and they have a Beta Forum to discuss it... again good. Presumably, all the issues and opinions get aired, discusssed and tharshed out there.

So what is the purpose of this thread? To rehash what has been posted, discussed, and argued there? All that does is bring new, uninformed voices into what has already been tossed back and forth it would seem.
Anyone can go and make themselves a city on the Beta server, you don't need to be a member of a select few; and yes all the issues and opinions do get aired, dicussed and thrashed out there and mostly ignored by the devs because it doesn't fit in with their idea of Elvenar; but we also get to discuss it because its new to the live servers rather than the testing server.

DeletedUser3034

My apologies, as I found nothing stated that the Beta was open, I didn't know. Your post got me searching, and yes, after some work I found it. Thank you!

Killiak

Artisan
so... read this and you'd be surprised too...
Definition of feedback: Process in which the effect or output of an action is 'returned' (fed-back) to modify the next action.

It's never talking of the output of a project :rolleyes: ... because things to happen have no output yet.

As Lisica said, anyone can go on the Beta server and Beta forum, where the action has actually taken place. Read up, learn, and you can understand why I (and others) ask such serious questions of Muf Muf.
And also as Lisica said; this is a thread to discuss the update, not merely provide feedback

So feel free to actually discuss the update and contribute to the discussion.

@ Muf Muf; can we expect answers to the questions posed in this thread?

Last edited: