• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.20

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the upcoming update to version 1.20. We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Deleted User - 106219

Are we going to get the "clouds and shadows" we got on Beta? Please say the answer is "No"! Please!

Killiak

Artisan
Can you go into detail on what the "performance" improvements are exactly and in which manner they will actually work?

Edit; the general consensus on beta for the 1.20 Fog/cloud/shadow was quite negative. Are you actually going to listen to that feedback or do we have to spam a thread full about how we hate it as well?

Deleted User - 106219

Fun fact:
"We've added some visual effects to the city, to make it feel more natural" is NOT included in the release notes posted here, but it is included in the release notes posted on the US server. No idea what they plan to do, but I sure hope they listen to the feedback they got from Beta and do not include the clouds (or at least give us the option to turn them off).

DeletedUser1974

The latest update removed what was being researched in the Magic Academy and the units being trained in the barracks.

DeletedUser

It caused me to not get credited with a Power of Provision spell that should have been finishing up, which I needed for a winter solstice quest. Have to start over and wait 13 hours.

DeletedUser487

Having to research troops you don't plan on using is kind of a bummer :/ Was just about to unlock Day Farm and now have to go back and research Dryads in Chapter 4. Not the first time this has been done either :( It's probably not possible now on this server, but for future worlds, you should have the choice of following two paths, economic or military, not being forced to do both :( Like there could be specific researches to make either path better/more interesting.

DeletedUser354

Each update now appears to require that I go back in time and complete research that did not previously exist - this is a FARCE - I am rapidly loosing patience - it's a case of one step forward and two back. Why does this have to happen - all this it's balancing the game is so much nonsense - it's slow enough as it is without having to constantly backtrack. How do I keep my FS focused and enthusiastic when such irritations are constantly happening. I'm not in the least surprised that TheRodent lost it, I'm not far from that myself. The restructuring of the research tree retrospectively is simply not acceptable and must stop.

Wombat99, Nov 23, 2016 Edit Delete Report

You did it again!!!!!!!!! Is this some kind of perverse amusement for the developers - I certainly don't see the funny side of it. I have invested a lot of time and energy into playing this game and running my FS, but this latest update has pushed me to the edge. The only thing preventing me leaving immediately is that the FS is for 'newbies' (in order for them to learn the game and then, when ready, move on to higher FSs), and I have a loyalty to support them- but it's getting harder and harder to remain focused.

firerock

Enchanter
yes this very thing. WHY????????????????????????????

it annoys the pants off everyone so WHY do it?
If you are past that event in the tech tree auto complete it.

I producing that new manna thing, you know the stuff you made to depreciate every day. now I cant use it as I have to go back and research about a weeks worth of useless tech I had done 4 or 5 episodes ago. who thinks up this stupid stuff a bunch of untrained monkeys?

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Upgrade Song AKA
Not This Time Honey !
(by Tonton)
Refr:
You didn't had me,
♪♫♫♪♫
I was al-rea-dy,
♪♫♫♪♫
blocked in the tech tree,
♪♫♫♪♫
buildin' woodelvee's (settlement)
♪♫♫♪♫

At first I was afraid, I was petrified,
Another upgrade, I was said, happened before last night.
Will I have to be ashamed ?
Will I be pulled back in the gaaaaaaaaaaame ?

I don't know, I don't care !
Already blocked am I so far,
Builders dying 'way from the bar.
I'm in the settlement's nighmare
And I have know-ledge points to shaaaaaaaaaaaare.

Or to waste (copy/paste !)
You won't erradicate my rhymes,
I need no one to spill my times.
Change the rules as much you want,
Won't break se-ven legs of an aaaaaaaaaaaaaaant.

:p

Last edited:

DeletedUser702

That should teach all of us not to play an unfinished game with teenager devs in charge!!
Mind you FoE seems to be going the same way! Think they're trying to rid them self's of;)
old and complaining customers!!!!!!

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
With this game growing in code size and image payload, there is a lot of things we'd like to set off...

Can we have a button to turn the game into text, please :rolleyes: ? Flash can use up to 1GB of memory after visiting the fellows and neighbours to store all their building images that we won't need until next day...

What for ? The storing of not frequently used data should be dynamic memory reservation... It doesn't look like it is.

Last edited: