• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.19

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the upcoming update to version 1.19. We're happy to hear your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser

Wow, can't wait to get the "Rad Mortar"! It sounds super cool and hip!

Im really liking the new changes (mostly) to the battle's...the pop up explanation thingies are great....please I beg you, don't ruin the good work so far and revert back to making them impossible! Looking froward to new units to slay mercilessly!! ;)

DeletedUser

I was able to get to 5* in the last tournament although I did lose a lot of troops, however on the plus side troops are produced really fast so on balance its working for me in tournaments.

Deleted User - 13667

Never had issue with the tournaments be it current reduced size or older reduced size system.

Tiriake

Soothsayer
Not a single thing to cheer for in this update. Again. Ever since update 1.15 this game is getting more hopeless by the next update. I've been patient. I have waited. I have put my game into waiting mode. Not touching provinces (meaning no fighting, no negotiating, no scouting). I'm not expanding my city, since we were told that if we are short on space then we must be playing wrong. So I wait. I research all the new mandatory tech that by the design from the devs i have no use for, since I'm too far advanced apparently. I even built the training grounds, which was such a letdown that it's not even funny. Yet, I still wait. For the promised balanced game, which has passed deadline( 3 packages has drawn to how many now? There is no OK excuse for that, it only shows how badly this entire battle "update" was planned).

No solution for players who have "advanced" too far. We are again left hanging for who knows how long. We are just dismissed and not taken seriously. I supposed the only explanation I can come up with is that we are treated so badly by the devs, because we don't matter.

So yeah, I'm not excited with this update. It really starts to look like there is no hope to ever start fighting in provinces again.

firerock

Enchanter
The whole problem in a nutshell at present, is that the game was, lets face it, too easy. Now we have the entirely opposite happen, the game is impossible, and baffling. Hence people dropping like flies, fellowships dissipating, and new players not believing what the old players are telling them, and asking how to do battles as they keep losing troops (we cant help as we don't fight anymore)!

People like logical things, so when we older players, moan in our fellowships about needing Orcs to upgrade workshops, the 100% question we get is, WHY? This should really be changed and called something else, make it something else "Manna", the armoury is the wrong place to have it, make it workshop related and call it "Building material" or "Magical girders" something to make buildings stronger when you upgrade them. ORCS? What were you thinking! lol :D

For now, I only research all the tech and build what I need to. In a vain hope that someday you'll find a middle ground, but this hole you are digging is getting deeper, and you don't have 'magical girders' in this hole to stop it collapsing!

Timneh

Artisan
Inno ar interested in one thing only and that is money. They don't care about how many players they upset and lose as long as they keep the ones that are spending money on diamonds. As long as it does not affect the bottom line of profits they will not change things back to the better way.
They complain that players are advancing through the game to fast but that does not stop them giving quests to scout provinces or gain X number of relics.
Untill the big money spenders stop paying their way through the game Inno will just keep on doing what they are doing and to hell with all of the players that complain.

DeletedUser219

If all InnoGames are interested in is money, they are going about it all wrong. There is nothing in the game that can be purchased that is not also available through hard work in another way. There is nothing in the recent updates that makes it impossible to progress, they have made it more challenging for both Premium and free players.
I started this game 18 months ago because it seemed challenging and worth some time. As I progressed it got easier and easier, though more time-consuming. The recent updates have restored the challenge and revitalised my interest in the game.
It is true that when the first changes to the battle system came out I had to stop fighting, because, as a Human, I could see that I needed to wait for the Mortar to become available. But I did not stop producing troops, and indeed took advantage of the issue that caused Priests to turn into Mortars when they were introduced. Although I am more than 20% ahead of where I 'should' be for the next Chapter, I have still enjoyed some success on the battlefield, and have maintained an Army of 9 squads of each type of unit, ample for my needs.
Sometime in the next month or so I will have finally produced enough Shrooms and Loot to get rid of the Orcs and move to the Woodelves Chapter. They may actually get several Chapters ahead of me, as I have no need to hurry up and wait.

I do not feel that this game should be maintained to fit into the ad breaks on a TV show.

Yes, there are still some discrepancies, but they are heading in the right direction, with no indication that they intend to stop part way.

And I still haven't spent any money on the game.

Deleted User - 13667

In summary, the updates merely added more stuff while the current issues brought up remains unresolved. No point repeatedly changing the icons in battles, adding more sprites, changing the info page for each unit. The base issue is not resolved.

The ever self return to page 1 of fellowship, the non-working turntable, the made-for-worst battle system.

Killiak

Artisan
You are adding military units whilst you have effectively murdered the battle system several versions ago.

You are the THIRD Inno rep, after the previous two "community managers" ran away tails tucked, telling us how great this game is going to be and how Inno is listening to what the players say.
Well, the players on Beta and here have been telling you, OVER AND OVER, that your battle system has failed epicly. You have utterly ignored it.

So why the hell do you think we still have any faith in you actually hearing our feedback when you have proven to blatantly ignore it time and again? Just post your changes, but don't bs us that you are hearing our feedback.

DeletedUser

You are adding military units whilst you have effectively murdered the battle system several versions ago.

You are the THIRD Inno rep, after the previous two "community managers" ran away tails tucked, telling us how great this game is going to be and how Inno is listening to what the players say.
Well, the players on Beta and here have been telling you, OVER AND OVER, that your battle system has failed epicly. You have utterly ignored it.

So why the hell do you think we still have any faith in you actually hearing our feedback when you have proven to blatantly ignore it time and again? Just post your changes, but don't bs us that you are hearing our feedback.

To be fair, I don't think the first one was actually a rep, second one maybe..

Tiriake

Soothsayer
Well technically Muf Muf is the fifth community manager we had since September. I counted them. Some were gone very fast. However they still were community managers. With every change in community managers position the reliability lessens. How can we trust a community manager if we don't know that they will bother to actually stay.

I was just trying to think what this battle update actually improved compared to the old system? All I can come up with is that thing when you hover over your troops and you see what they are good against. But that's rather cosmetic change. So this is a question to all the people who claim that it's a step in a right direction. What did improve compared to the old system?

Deleted User - 13667

The 2 reps since Apr 2015, cant remember the bloke's name and Amy, both were only volunteers, meaning cannon fodder who are not part of Inno.

No idea there were other Community managers except the current, Muf Muf.

With regards to the unnecessary multiple change to the info on each unit, it is useless. If i were to place an archer to go toe-to-toe with a sorceress, can the archer really best the sorceress? Unlikely given the hp difference and modifiers. No point in attempting to reinvent the wheel using the original design when the original design does not work except at low levels.

I would strongly recommend: FIX THE BUGS. Not keep adding more bugs in hoping it would drown out one another

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The ones I remember were:
Amy Steele
Madena
Marindor
Butterfly Kisses
Muff Muff

Though Madena and Butterfly Kisses were only around for a couple of weeks each.

May have been others, but those are the ones I remember.

DeletedUser363

Marindor always said he was only here to hold the fort whilst they found a more permanent Community Manager, he was never supposed to be long term, but whilst he was here he was around a lot, even if we didn't agree with all his responses, he kept talking;)