• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.18

DeletedUser702

Reminds me of the quote from Henry Ford of the Ford Motor Company.
"Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black."

Henry had no choice because Paint Tech. was at it's Infancy as paints where destroyed by the sun!
Inno devs don't need the sun to be destroyed, they're doing a good job in this regard by stuffing up
this game! I'm quite surprised the game's still running..............:rolleyes:

DeletedUser1816

Please tell everyone how much you like the fighting system once you actually try to fight in the provinces and you're against Heavy squads that are nearly as large as the size of your light squads, and keep in mind this at a point when you're "right where you should be" according to INNO.
I did fight in the provinces and found it impossible. I said I like the new fighting system, not the enemy squad sizes. These are two entirely different things, even though they were implemented at the same time.

DeletedUser363

It happened at least a couple of times I think, my neighbours kept changing, but I am in a much worse position than before the moves started

DeletedUser

Nobody around me seems to have been moved in or out. Just the usual player to gold mine to new player to gold mine to .... as before.

DeletedUser

There was only one player movement in my area, the rest of us stayed put.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Muf-Muf are there any future plans or reviews of tournaments? The reduction in difficulty is appreciated but it still takes longer to battle then previously. Most of the current level 5 (new level 6) difficulty still requires manual fighting over auto-fighting which takes a lot longer to complete. Is a reduction in the timer reset of 30 or 60 mins possible?
We do have some things in mind, and are considering some potential changes in this area, but it's too soon to share them at this point, as they are not final yet. But at this point it seems unlikely for the timers to be reduced.

Before and after update 1.15 community managers have been insisting that the changes were made in order to bring the game back into balance. So the core changes were supposed to be done in 3 packages (I'm refering to the info were given before first package). So that should be done by now.
We did indeed announce 3 packages, but they were not implemented as packages as clearly, unfortunately. Still, most of the things that we planned to do have been implemented so far on our International server, and some more stuff on Beta, too. Where we're at right now is the stage where we can start finalizing all the battle-related updates. We are not done yet, though - I'll make that clear before we get more comments on that. ;) We will have at least two more updates on International with new things regarding the battle system, mostly consistent of new units and new unit levels. Other topics we're still working on include improving the battle AI, so that auto-battle becomes a more viable option again. Also, we hope to do some work on the battlefields themselves, in order to prevent obstacles being more of a nuisance than intended: you should be able to fight the enemy units, rather than the battlefield's terrain. But those two topics are still very much a work in progress, and are not done just yet.

Another thing I don't like is the Mercenary Camp. Atm the units produced there are inferior to what we already got, making the building and the units produced there useless, unless playing with pretty units is more important than winning fights that is. Spending KP on reasearch that is useless does not feel very rewarding. When we get upgrades to the units produced there they will probably become useful, but that doesn't really help us right now.
This is also because not all units and unit levels have been released yet. We release the units one level at a time, so that we can offer the technologies as optional at first. That has the downside of not being able to use the highest level of the unit right away, though.

TLDR: The new battle system is a step in the right direction, but it's still not good.
Thanks. It's also not perfect yet, because we're not 100% done implementing it. :)

Each update now appears to require that I go back in time and complete research that did not previously exist - this is a FARCE - I am rapidly loosing patience - it's a case of one step forward and two back. Why does this have to happen - all this it's balancing the game is so much nonsense - it's slow enough as it is without having to constantly backtrack. How do I keep my FS focused and enthusiastic when such irritations are constantly happening. I'm not in the least surprised that TheRodent lost it, I'm not far from that myself. The restructuring of the research tree retrospectively is simply not acceptable and must stop.
This is to prevent what Mykan explained as well. If we would have implemented all at once, you would have had a lot of technologies that would not have been optional when first implemented. While our current solution is not perfect (yes, we know), it is a lot better than the alternative.

We were advised it was submitted to ..the devs (I think or whoever it gets submitted to). Whether or not it gets implemented is another matter but the goods news is we have been heard and hopefully may see this one day.
Yes, the idea to have the notifications menu available when visiting someone else's city has definitely been forwarded. Fingers crossed that we see it ingame some day! ;)

Is this still happening btw? Or did they give up on moving people after 1 week.
Moving people on the world map can currently only been done manually by our developers, since it has not been automated yet. We do plan to automate it, so that it happens around a set time, likely to happen every week. But for now this is not the case yet. :) But, to answer your question: yes, it is still happening and no, we did not give up on it.

Deleted User - 106219

This is also because not all units and unit levels have been released yet. We release the units one level at a time, so that we can offer the technologies as optional at first. That has the downside of not being able to use the highest level of the unit right away, though.
The problem is that some of the new units come WAY TOO LATE in the game. The Ranger is a perfect example of that: All it is good for is scouting the battlefield because of his high Initiative. Apart from that he is useless because of his low HP and damage. Same with the Orc HM unit. Both are units that will remain useless for weeks/months unril we get their upgrades (this is especially problematic for the Ranger, as we won't get any upgrade for him until the next Guest race at the earliest).

DeletedUser

The recent updates to this game have made it more and more boring.

All I do nowadays is log on, collect stuff, visit and then mostly forget to log on again until the next day. Note that the things I do do by no means count as interesting.

1. No point in scouting or completing map provinces although I could because I've advanced "too far".
  2. No point in participating in tournaments unless they are for boosted goods I don't have at max boost since I cannot get to the end of any tournament unless I rarely participate and only bother with max 5 provinces.
  3. No point in trying to collect rune shards anyway as no room to build AW.
  4. Cannot build new military buildings as no room; can't fight anyway and no point even if I can due to point 1.
  5. Playing is a pain anyway as I have to use IE, it crashes all the time and I constantly have to reload the game as it gets slow as hell after a while. I also cannot even log on unless I select en1 and click session timed out first, as any other page tells me my login info is wrong.
  • INNO don't even listen to player input even when it involves no changing of the baffling game redesign. See my poll about diamond offers. Having said that, I wouldn't even buy diamonds with a free diamonds offer now due to the points listed above and the price of expansions, which are the only thing worth paying for.
  • INNO give free diamonds to inactive players but not active ones. My acc on the German server now has more diamonds than the ones I actually use and which I bought diamonds on just by merit of being inactive.

Deleted User - 13667

We did indeed announce 3 packages, but they were not implemented as packages as clearly, unfortunately. Still, most of the things that we planned to do have been implemented so far on our International server, and some more stuff on Beta, too. Where we're at right now is the stage where we can start finalizing all the battle-related updates. We are not done yet, though - I'll make that clear before we get more comments on that. ;) We will have at least two more updates on International with new things regarding the battle system, mostly consistent of new units and new unit levels. Other topics we're still working on include improving the battle AI, so that auto-battle becomes a more viable option again. Also, we hope to do some work on the battlefields themselves, in order to prevent obstacles being more of a nuisance than intended: you should be able to fight the enemy units, rather than the battlefield's terrain. But those two topics are still very much a work in progress, and are not done just yet.

If you are revamping the battle system, please do consider placing in the following features:

1. Battlefield area needs slightly larger. There is no point having 2 large empty fields on each side of the screen.
2. Make the icons to stop / wait to be on each unit rather than at the top of the turnstable. No doubt the icon is now made much smaller, there are still a fair bit of chance where misclicks can happen.

3. Having high losses of units per battle is wasteful of both resources & time to build an army.

4. No point continuously changing the icons of each units effects. It is the function and capability of each unit that is more important. Having a nice looking icon has hardly any meaning.

5. Do consider giving the option to strike back to all melee units.

6. Make the group size per AI unit more competitive. Not making them impossible to kill even after going beyond the current demand to complete a certain number of provinces.

7. Make all units have a common training ground rather than have several buildings sharing a 5-type wait table. Or you can provide an individual wait table per building.

8. Large obstacles on the battlefield may look nice but are more nuisance than help. Do reconsider redesigning them.

9. Have a turntable that actually can accurately provide which unit is up next. It has never been working since day 1 I played the game and brought up to bug last year after nearly a year into the game.

10. Provide an action log in the battlefield to allow every player to see the damage received & dealt to decide if the current damage range is reasonable. As I have brought up before player units have a tendency to do lower end damage while AI does almost max damage each time in battle.

11. Allow placement of units after the battlefield is loaded. Saves time from retreating.