• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.18

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the upcoming version: 1.18.

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Deleted User - 13667

same as always - whenever an update comes, the issues brought up by players are seldom addressed.

the same un-necessary autozoom each time you close the research window
The battle system is not getting better but worse.
There is now an auto return to page 1 of the fellowship after a couple of seconds.
The battle turn table since the beginning till now have never been fixed and is always out of sync. But the issue is insisted to be fixed and closed under bugs despite protests.:rolleyes:

DeletedUser330

All the new features and "improvements" are army based?

Seeing as not a single player actually uses army any more after the battle system was monumentally cocked up, the update seems kinda pointless, again.
Like all the other updates have been since January.

Well done. You've completely ignored the input from every single player.

Again.

Also, Orcs still in negotiations and haven't been addressed? Ugh.

And, more researches being added after everyone has already passed that chapter? Again?
Again?

After all the complaints from the last lot?

Again?

Come on guys.
I've had enough of Orcs and was glad to get into Woodelves... now I gotta go back and do 4 researches before they become mandatory?

Again?

After all the complaints from the last lot?

Again?

And a third... those new researches that are being added... are army based too.

Just to twist the knife after they've stuck it in.

Again.

Again.

Edit by Muf-Muf: If you want to post again after your own post, please edit your previous post instead. We have now merged your posts. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1829

Why waste the time with feedback? I have yet to see any feedback, other than "great job", have any attention paid to it.

The changes to the tournament are as a result of player feedback.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
It sounds like you guys would like some answers to questions and/or remarks that have been left open for too long. So, let's do that!

same as always - whenever an update comes, the issues brought up by players are seldom addressed.
Which issues would you like addressed? Could you be a bit more specific, please?

the same un-necessary autozoom each time you close the research window
To be honest I'm not sure what "autozoom" you mean here? There are no changes in the game's zoom when you close a window or exit e.g. the research tree. The zoom level is even saved between logins.

The battle system is not getting better but worse.
What exactly is making it worse? With the last updates, we have been adding more units and unit levels. This allows you access to a greater pool of units to use, filling any gaps that there are in the balancing. We've heard the feedback after version 1.15 (the initial update with the biggest rebalancing work done in it) loud and clear. But since then, every change we have made within the battle system was to make it better for players. New units, new military buildings, better balance between the units, better usability and understandibility of the system, etc. So to hear now that we are continuously "making it worse" is surprising. So, to repeat the question: what exactly is making it worse?

There is now an auto return to page 1 of the fellowship after a couple of seconds.
So far we've been unable to reproduce the behaviour you're describing here. Could you give some more details as to when it happens, please?

The battle turn table since the beginning till now have never been fixed and is always out of sync. But the issue is insisted to be fixed and closed under bugs despite protests.:rolleyes:
If you mean this bug report, I can let you know that it was recently reopened internally. I do see that this had not yet been reflected on the forum. I have done this now.

All the new features and "improvements" are army based?
We have a fairly strong focus on battle at the moment, yes. That is because we want to finish the battle redesign project, and not leave it in a half-finished state. This will continue for at least two more updates. Many changes have been completed weeks ago already, and we are now gradually rolling them out, as to not give you a huge load of new, mandatory technologies. We are doing this to make it smoother for you. In the meantime we are of course working on more and other content as well - stay tuned for that! But, to come back to your initial remark: in the update of 1.18 (which this discussion thread is about), we also have several Ancient Wonder related changes. Two new ones are being added, and on top of that we are releasing more levels for the existing Ancient Wonders too.

Seeing as not a single player actually uses army any more after the battle system was monumentally cocked up, the update seems kinda pointless, again.
Thanks for your input, but from the data we have available we can see that this is incorrect. Many people do in fact still battle.

Like all the other updates have been since January.
Since January? That's long ago already! Let's go over some of the things we have done in the time since then:
  • Spells and the Magic Academy (version 0.34)
  • Shortcut keys (1.0; 1.6)
  • The Fairy chapter (1.1)
  • Fairy Ancient Wonders (1.3)
  • Tournaments (1.5)
  • New Spells (1.6)
  • Treasures from Neighborly Help (1.6)
  • Ancient Wonders in chapters 2, 3, and 5 (1.7; 1.8; 1.9)
  • Gold Mines on the world map (1.7)
  • Ancient Wonders giving ranking points (1.9)
  • The Orcs and Goblins chapter (1.10)
  • Placing city expansions directly in move mode (1.11)
  • Ancient Wonders for the Orcs and Goblins (1.13)
  • The Woodelves chapter (1.16)
  • Ancient Wodners for the Woodelves (1.18)
  • Many usability improvements throughout the year
  • Many improvements to the entirety of the battle system as a whole (since 1.15)
  • The Contest questline event
  • Summer Event
  • Wonky Wolters' questline event
  • Halloween questline event
  • Moving players on the world map
And many, many more things. For all details, do have a look at the overview of release notes. We're sure that you'll find that the list above is just a very short and global overview of the many improvements and changes we have implemented over the last ten months.

Also, Orcs still in negotiations and haven't been addressed? Ugh.
They have been addressed. That is, we have explained why we have made the changes. Short summary: in order to keep the game's balancing in order we had to take action on the world map. Players were progressing way faster than was expected, which could break the game in many places, from a balancing perspective. This is -in short- why we had to take action. But what I believe you mean is that we haven't reverted the change, even though there has been negative feedback about it. And that, of course, is true. The change is still there. We have kept a very close eye on this, and the impact that this has had has been on a quite limited group of people. And at the time that it happened, it took only a few weeks for most of those who were blocked then to catch up with their research, and be able to produce the Orc units. This allowed them to progress on the world map again.

And, more researches being added after everyone has already passed that chapter? Again?
Yes. As also stated above: this was done this way to make it smoother for you. Please check above for the more detailed explanation.

I have yet to see any feedback, other than "great job", have any attention paid to it.
"Paying attention to feedback" and "doing exactly what you tell us to do" are two different things, of course. We do pay attention to feedback: it is being read, it is being forwarded, and it is being considered. You can be absolutely sure of that and we will make the promise to keep doing that in the future, too. But, that does not mean that everything that is said on the forums eventually makes it into the game. On top of your feedback, we also look at the data we have available (and that's a lot!), and we use both the community feedback and the data together to get to conclusions. And those conclusions are turned into actions and changes, if necessary. Your feedback is very valuable, but remember that most Elvenar players do not read the forum, or even visit them, let alone leave their feedback. The forum crowd (so: you) is very important, but we cannot act on the feedback from our forum-goers alone.

Definitely.

I appreciate the little tool tips on the battles....helps greatly ;)
Thanks! We're happy that you like them! :)

------
We do want to thank you for sharing your feedback and concerns, and we really appreciate that you let yourself be heard on our forums! We're looking forward to have more discussions in the future, too. Should you have any questions so far, please do always feel free to leave a post.

DeletedUser363

What I love is that the changes in battle are supposed to have affected only a limited number of people....I don't call virtually everyone that has been playing any length of time a limited number, especially all those that have left because of the changes. These changes are affecting everyone in my FS, even those with under 10 000 points.

DeletedUser1991

The battles are now pointless and a waste of resources.

DeletedUser2054

Until Muf in this thread, nowhere have I seen any member of INNO say that. What I have seen, prior to this thread, is them say "we'll keep an eye on the data and decide"

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
What I love is that the changes in battle are supposed to have affected only a limited number of people....I don't call virtually everyone that has been playing any length of time a limited number, especially all those that have left because of the changes. These changes are affecting everyone in my FS, even those with under 10 000 points.
Of course the changes in the battles affect everyone: the core of the system's balancing has had a radical change. So in that sense, everyone is affected, yes.

The battles are now pointless and a waste of resources.
Thanks for the feedback. But, why is that?

Until Muf in this thread, nowhere have I seen any member of INNO say that. What I have seen, prior to this thread, is them say "we'll keep an eye on the data and decide"
It's a mix of both, as explained above as well. We value both the feedback that we get from players (e.g. in the forums), but we also look at the data behind it all. Then, considering both, we make decisions and determine a course. In this case it resulted in (especially) the higher levels of the tournaments becoming considerably easier.

DeletedUser1991

Seriously Muf-Muf? Let me be specific then. Battles are a waste of resources because they are unwinnable. On both worlds I am at least 10 provinces short of opening the next chest but I cannot win a battle. I am wiped out - sometimes before I even get a chance to engage the enemy. Before that fateful update I had a 75% chance of winning. Now I have none! Nothing! Nada! So, yes, battles are a waste of resources. Better to sell everything related to fighting and use the space for producing goods with which to negotiate.

DeletedUser

When I click the world icon from the city, the background (city) zooms in.

DeletedUser330

Yup, the above posts about a waste of resources on army...

Wasting supplies on army is exactly what the guys are on about. Since the battle redesign, I haven't made a single new troop. I have put the barracks on total shut down.

The fairy units were unlocked, and I did make some and use them... found out they are useless, and deleted the building. I haven't bothered even trying the other new military building at all as I know, absolutely know, it will be useless.

See, when I try fighting, I go into the battle, the AI takes the first move, kills my entire army in that first go, and the battle is over.
Or, I get the first move, might be lucky to actually get a hit on the enemy, I make absolutely no damage to them, and then it's the AI's turn. Who then wipes me out with one move.

Why should I waste gold and supplies on buildings that have no purpose?
And then, once they're built, waste more supplies on troops which also have no purpose?

DeletedUser363

we cannot act on the feedback from our forum-goers alone.
Ok, but there is no way for people that do not come to the forum to leave their feedback. A lot of the time there is one member per fellowship that comes into the forum, and voices the views of others in their fs. These views are ignored, there is nothing that has been done to show us they are not. All that is happening is that the dev's are taking the game in a direction opposite to the one described at the start of the game...this is one reason everyone is getting so worked up about things. To spend 18 months on a game to then have the style of the game play altered is naturally frustrating, annoying, and upsetting........all that time we could have found something else to do with our time....and money.
My views are the ones expressed by 30 others I am in daily contact with (none of whom come into the forum).
If you multiply every forum speaker by the number of people in their fellowships and in contact with them you would get a much more representative idea of how many people feel the same way as all of us.

DeletedUser330

Addition, this is also why the new update is totally pointless.

Going back to what I said, it's all battle orientated...
The tech tree wants me to go back and do newly added army researches? I don't use army and neither does a single player in my fellowship. Not one.

So, as I said, this 1.18 update is as pointless and as useless as 1.17, 1.16, 1.15, 1.14 all the way back to when Orcs were first put into negotiations.

See, Muf-Muf, this is the exact thing that everyone is totally unhappy with.

We cannot fight... and there are people who haven't even reached the Dwarves chapter yet who now can't negotiate either.

I've seen more players than I can count leave the game because of this, my fellowship alone has lost about 15 players over the past 4 months... and Inno ignoring Beta and implementing these dumb changes and additions, and then ignoring every other player as well when they get the negative feedback for the 2nd time is just forcing more and more players to quit and never sign in again.

Edit by Muf-Muf: Mind your language, please.

DeletedUser330

Ok, but there is no way for people that do not come to the forum to leave their feedback. A lot of the time there is one member per fellowship that comes into the forum, and voices the views of others in their fs. These views are ignored, there is nothing that has been done to show us they are not. All that is happening is that the dev's are taking the game in a direction opposite to the one described at the start of the game...this is one reason everyone is getting so worked up about things. To spend 18 months on a game to then have the style of the game play altered is naturally frustrating, annoying, and upsetting........all that time we could have found something else to do with our time....and money.
My views are the ones expressed by 30 others I am in daily contact with (none of whom come into the forum).
If you multiply every forum speaker by the number of people in their fellowships and in contact with them you would get a much more representative idea of how many people feel the same way as all of us.

Exactly... I got banned last week for having the guts to complain.

Sure, I was colourful with my language, but my posts are the thoughts of everyone who plays the game. I'm simply the one who has the guts to say it exactly how it is.

Deleted User - 13667

Autozoom to the main hall whenever you exit the research page.

Of coz, you would have already known had you actually played the game.

The battle system be it the tournament of province is bad enough to refrain players to participate much at all

DeletedUser1829

Muf-Muf are there any future plans or reviews of tournaments? The reduction in difficulty is appreciated but it still takes longer to battle then previously. Most of the current level 5 (new level 6) difficulty still requires manual fighting over auto-fighting which takes a lot longer to complete. Is a reduction in the timer reset of 30 or 60 mins possible?

Also with up to 20 levels on wonders now and an ever increasing number of wonders the quantity needed and % of getting the rune you want are getting smaller and smaller. Are there any plans to address this in the future? Any chance of using unusable/undesired runes at some stage in the future?

DeletedUser

From the 1.17 and 1.18 release notes it looks like the following techs will become mandatory with this update. Are there any others?
  • Mortar II for humans.
  • Cerebus II for elves.
  • Training Grounds Levels 5-8
  • City Expansion 34