• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.171

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the update to Version 1.171.

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

OldHag

Necromancer
Bug fixes
We fixed a bug in our Beta server, where players received multiple Diamond rewards without a legitimate reason. (Thus preventing it from going to live servers!)
(smile)

-----------------
Well that's a bummer!

Jake65

Sage
Bug fixes
We fixed a bug in our Beta server, where players received multiple Diamond rewards without a legitimate reason. (Thus preventing it from going to live servers!)
(smile)

-----------------
Well that's a bummer!
I wouldn't call this a bug, more like a blessing :)

C-Nymph

Necromancer
  • You can zoom out even more, to see your city from above!
I've noticed this on the app for a little while. However, I see no increased zoom-out possibility on the browser version after the update...? Am I missing something?

Jake65

Sage
@C-Nymph, I just tried it after a cache clear, on my PC the city graphics quality needs to be set to "high" in order to increase the zoom out.
With medium and low there's no change in the zoom range.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
@C-Nymph, I just tried it after a cache clear, on my PC the city graphics quality needs to be set to "high" in order to increase the zoom out.
With medium and low there's no change in the zoom range.
Ah thanks, tried that, that indeed makes the difference. But then I guess I won't be using it because I'd rather not have the graphics set to high because the game already demands so much memory&CPU, even on low settings. It often interferes with other things I'm doing simultaneously, I then have to force kill the Elvenar session and reload to be able to continue., which is rather annoying.

Jake65

Sage
I'd rather not have the graphics set to high
I also run mine on low all the time to save PC resources.
Okay, sometimes I'll briefly switch to high so I can see the cliff graphics :D

imafish

Novice
Wow that extra zoom in unnerving
I'm sure when I get used to it it'll be fine, but right now I keep either forgetting it's there and zooming out fully, or trying to get a specific zoom and failing
A zoom slider might be helpful

m4rt1n

Adept
Hopefully the extra zoom out will make it easier to collect future event thingies, on the app it didn't as they got tiny also but hope it is better on PC, the next event will tell.

Sir Derf

Adept
Hadn't posted this earlier, since I thought it wasn't INNO, but since it has now corrected itself, I assume it was tweaked and silently rolled out.

The extra zoom (out) modification had, I think, treated the interface as part of the city. When I pinched on my glidepad to zoom in closer to my city, the interface elements on the edges of the screen would also enlarge and stay on the edge of the map. To get to the quest givers when zoomed in, for example, I would have to scroll to the left edge of my map to access them.

Now, when I pinch on my glidepad to zoom in closer to my city, the interface elements on the edge of the screen stay the same size and stay pinned to the edges of my screen while the city enlarges. II can scroll around my city and interfaces elements are always accessible in a single scale; for example, the quest givers are always on the left edge of my screen.

Sir Derf

Adept
Okay, I spoke too soon. Manipulating my screen, and the handling of the interface elements is inconsistent. I'm running on Chrome, and at the moment I have Chrome's scale set to 75%

The moment I zoom in, the interface elements enlarge and fly away. Zoom in all the way. If I start zooming back out, the interface slides back onto the edge of the screen long before I've fully zoomed back out. Once visible, the elements attach to the edge of the screen as I continue to zoom out. If, at any point, I start zooming in, the interface elements immediately react, enlarging and flying out of visibility again.

Sir Derf

Adept
Set to 100%. Reloaded the browser.

My monitor is set for 1920x1080. Zoom all the way out. My city, which is about 22 expansions diagonally top-to-bottom on the screen. The interface elements are on the edge of the browser.

Start pinching in to zoom in, and the graphic elements start enlarging and spreading off the visible screen,

Zoom all the way in... and I mean all the way in. The zoom is such that about 8 squares fit top-to-bottom.

Start zooming out, and the interface elements come back into view when there about 9 expansions top-to-bottom.

My observation, the interface elements zoom of the screen immediately upon zooming in, but appear back when half-way zoomed back out. Some might say it would be useful to have the graphical elements always visible on the edges of the screen, no matter what the zoom factor. I wonder why they don't appear/disappear consistently in both directions.