• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Update Discussion Version 1.17

• Thread starter ButterflyKisses
  • Start date

DeletedUser330

Explain then why Orcs are still a problem and general battles (not the tournies) are still a problem.

Every single player I have spoken to, says that Orcs in negotiations is a stupid idea, and yet they have been ignored. Beta hated the idea, and it was still implemented.
There's been thousands of players quit because of Orcs, then the battles did the same thing.

My fellowship alone has lost 15 players since Orcs were introduced.
The battle system caused us to lose 3 and we're still struggling to find replacements because of the thousands of abandoned cities.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
Explain then why Orcs are still a problem and general battles (not the tournies) are still a problem.

Every single player I have spoken to, says that Orcs in negotiations is a stupid idea, and yet they have been ignored. Beta hated the idea, and it was still implemented.
There's been thousands of players quit because of Orcs, then the battles did the same thing.

My fellowship alone has lost 15 players since Orcs were introduced.
The battle system caused us to lose 3 and we're still struggling to find replacements because of the thousands of abandoned cities.
I dont work for inno so i shouldnt be defending them but still i will.

Orc requirement wasnt ignored, initially you needed orc for negotation in ring 10. This was too soon for many players so they moved it to ring 11.
The thing is, according to their new rules, you shouldnt even be fighting in ring 10 before you reach the woodelves. So the orc restriction isnt that bad at all except that if you are negotiation only, you dont want armories and you can only get orcs from armories :)

So the orc requirements are not the real issue. The real issue is that they set a max provinces for us according to your tech tree. that is in my opinion a bad decision, a slow progressing game that is suddenly turned into a no more progressing game, means a no more played game in my opinion. This is the issue that needs to be adressed, that they expect us to be there and no further and expect us to do nothing till they say we can go further again. And this is also the reason many players left. The orcs is just a first attempt at implementing their 'new expectation rules'. But if you follow those rule, orc should never be an issue.

Last weekend i have gone from 160 to 190 provinces to start woodelfes. And i can say i loved it, it was much fun fighting with a troop size of 1100 vs a troop of 350. Sadly i still lost some troops tho, so i had to start negotiating at some point.

DeletedUser330

So they're actively stifling gameplay... which is NOT what Elvenar was initially started for.

The game was initially started as a game that rewarded hard work and commitment... and you could build your city as you saw fit.
Now though, they're halting gameplay because they've decided that some players progressed too quickly for their liking.

DeletedUser

The developers don't play the game. We've ALL been saying this for ages.

They also have no idea what they're doing when it comes to changes. Beta is ignored all the time... if they did pay attention like they reckon they do, then all this wouldn't be happening.

See, I would have supported you on that statement, until I had a discussion with someone reasonably close to Inno. You will have to take my word for it, as I will not name names.

The players that complain still buy diamonds (or the majority/big spenders do)
Thus Inno looks at the complaints, checks if it affects their bottom line (which it doesn't significantly) then continue on with their plan. It is not that they don't care about the feedback per se, it is that it doesn't affect them as ... "They can see the future of the game, the customers are being short-sighted, plus we are not losing money... so business as usual!"

DeletedUser330

So as far as Inno are concerned, the top 10 players can fund their wages?

What happens when the rest of the 35000 players give up?
They've already lost probably close to 5000 already because of their cowboy-ish management. Sure, those cities are still there, but the players haven't checked in for months.
A lot of them were money spenders too.

DeletedUser

So as far as Inno are concerned, the top 10 players can fund their wages?

What happens when the rest of the 35000 players give up?
They've already lost probably close to 5000 already because of their cowboy-ish management. Sure, those cities are still there, but the players haven't checked in for months.
A lot of them were money spenders too.

Your question will be answered when they start taking notice*.

*They do make improvements based on customer feedback, just not on overall gameplay.

DeletedUser

The whole reason I started this game, and invested real cash in it, was because I could advance without combat. Now, now you are making it impossible to advance without excessive amounts of cash or I am forced into combat. I understand you need cash to pay wages, but for the love of gaming, why force us into more and more combat. I DON'T WANT COMBAT. I wanted a well balanced trading game. Start another game for combat if you want, but leave something for the people who don't want violence in their game.

DeletedUser2538

The priest for example isn't showing the amount of cross swords relating to it's attack percent to a unit. You have 5 cross swords to try to let people know the strength of a unit against other units, but two cross swords for both heavy ranged and heavy melee units to represent an attack of 60% and 40% isn't right. That is on level one of the priest unit. It should be 3 cross swords for the heavy ranged and 2 for the heavy melee units for the best understanding of what the cross swords should represent. Please, match that up right because if not then you made the game change in vain, and it should just be dropped back to what it was before.

Deleted User - 13667

with the new update, Elves elite unit Sorceress now have a range of 3 instead of 4. Apart from being fast, there is not much purpose to this unit. Damage is average compared with other ranged units, health seems gong strong, initiative and speed is fast. You might as well change their name to wind runner

Last edited by a moderator:

BekBel

Adventurer
With all these new additions to the tech tree, there is one thing the devs could do to make everyone a bit happier. Change it from three techs to research and upgrade factories, and just have us research 1 tech to upgrade all three. eg. Instead of researching superior scrolls, crystal and silk. Just have us do 1 research for superior crafted goods factories.
If you are going to give us so many things we don't really like, and things that make it all take longer, why not balance it with getting rid of something we hate - having to research non-boosted upgrades. You might actually have some people in the forums going, "Yaaaay!"

Bonus "Yaaays" if you also fixed it so that the kp and goods used for defunct non-boosted researches go to the new techs we are having to go back and research.

But I'm just dreaming over here I guess

DeletedUser1991

Do I actually HAVE to build this training grounds thing? I have no intention of fighting again since it is so borked it is just a waste of resources to try.

DeletedUser2734

Do I actually HAVE to build this training grounds thing? I have no intention of fighting again since it is so borked it is just a waste of resources to try.

I, too, feel the same way - not interested into the fighting anymore so why be wasting the space?
& thanks a lot for your suggestion, Syvon - I'll surely follow it & see how it goes!

DeletedUser2734

With all these new additions to the tech tree, there is one thing the devs could do to make everyone a bit happier. Change it from three techs to research and upgrade factories, and just have us research 1 tech to upgrade all three. eg. Instead of researching superior scrolls, crystal and silk. Just have us do 1 research for superior crafted goods factories.
If you are going to give us so many things we don't really like, and things that make it all take longer, why not balance it with getting rid of something we hate - having to research non-boosted upgrades. You might actually have some people in the forums going, "Yaaaay!"

Bonus "Yaaays" if you also fixed it so that the kp and goods used for defunct non-boosted researches go to the new techs we are having to go back and research.

But I'm just dreaming over here I guess

PLUS 1

DeletedUser2734

The whole reason I started this game, and invested real cash in it, was because I could advance without combat. Now, now you are making it impossible to advance without excessive amounts of cash or I am forced into combat. I understand you need cash to pay wages, but for the love of gaming, why force us into more and more combat. I DON'T WANT COMBAT. I wanted a well balanced trading game. Start another game for combat if you want, but leave something for the people who don't want violence in their game.

Maude55, I couldn't agree with you more!
Inno already has some other game for combats,
which I actually left to play here in Elvenar where there were no combats other than just partially & optional ...
As you well put it, it's impossible to go without them now..
neither with them [combats] I must say - so the only left option is paying ...
which I would be happy to do (& have done so far) as an additional boost to my game,
but Not as an essential part of this game as they seem to want us to do ...

I mean ...
what are they thinking? ...
:confused::(:oops::eek:

I like the little information box over the various squads that shows who they are especially strong against...perhaps if we could get information in that box who they are weak against in another upgrade? Just a suggestion....but loving this bit of the upgrade. Mind you...lol..makes no odds really as we can't win battles anymore. But still....thank you ;)

DeletedUser187

Combat system is unworkable. Just 3 times with different combinations to no avail. my human crossbows dont stand a chance in melee combat, accept that but when fast agile opponent get first hit in they die. I am close to thinking about if its worth playing game much more, I cant win provinces, to gave land space, and cant get though normal game, so Im just playing a collect game now, thats NO GAME.

DeletedUser702

Keeping all my combat stuff in the hope Inno will adjust some time in the future!
Not using it in the mean time!..;)

DeletedUser330

Inno won't adjust though.
We've already seen that from Beta being misused.

I had word that they are looking into Orcs in negotiations though... but apparently it will take months and months before anything changes, if anything changes at all, that is.

Funny how it takes such a long time to reverse a stupid decision... when last week the glitch on Tournaments, which made the game pay out more than it should have done, was fixed within 7 minutes.