• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.16

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Do you know you can edit ?

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
+1 for an intelligent question that we all hope the answer will be positive:rolleyes:
... even if we are wondering how to gain new expansions without the help of supertroopers...
I'm joking, with the incoming mortars we will make next fights by sitting in beach chairs drinking martinis for sure... :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Sorry it should have been; Except that If you are not provided with more space you can not use the diamond. For the first time it seems the developers are not interest in players buying diamond.
Unless you have already expanded to the absolute maximum, you can buy expansions using diamonds.

Other subject:
Am I the only person who likes the orcs? :p

DeletedUser1353

Since archers has been my hardest enemy squad to beat (and I'm playing human, so I've even had cerberuses, and barbarians tend to be to squishy to use effectivly), I'm not so sure about the decision to buff them even more, as it is right now the only unit as I'm aware that has defense vs archers are the lvl 3 cerberus with 30%. Guess, I'll have to use fire against fire and use archer vs archer?

DeletedUser1123

Just had a thought, with the archer promotion getting moved from orcs to dwarves, if any kp are already in archer research, will the kp move as well?

DeletedUser1345

Other subject: Am I the only person who likes the orcs? :p

Orcs.
If the Wood Elves have the wherewithal, they'd be entirely justified in allying with the Dwarfs and Fairies and wresting the Portal technology out of our hands...and executing our leaders for high crimes against civilization.
No, I don't care one bit for the orcs, nor the fact that we've been compelled to aid them.
:mad:

DeletedUser

On this update: It's nice to see new units added etc, especially since back when dwarves were released, I was one of the people to suggest guest race units.

Too bad I won't be able to use them.
  1. I cannot get any expansions on the world map via fighting and will not be able to for the foreseeable future, even if I buy expansions to build the necessary buildings
  2. The only way I can get further expansions is by negotiation, but I ought probably to refrain from that as much as possible since inno deems my progress on the world map as being too advanced, and in any case I need the orcs for other things. Also, as of today's update, I'm expecting some other restriction on negotiation :p
  3. Since I cannot use the new units due to 1) I will also not be able to fight to any worthwhile extent in tournaments and my ability to negotiate there is also highly restricted as I cannot produce enough resources for that in spite of having allegedly too much room, and hence by implication, too high resource production.
  4. Since I cannot produce enough resources to participate to any worthwhile extent in tournaments, I certainly will not be wasting supplies to train troops that then perish miserably in impossible encounters, irrespective of their location.
Summary:

The new battle system is unusable and irrelevant to a lot of players who for the reasons listed above are and will not be in any position to test it or comment on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I wasn't making encounters for a while because I'm at the end of Orc's researches and I wanted to "save" my encounters for when I would have unlocked some to put my KPs in... But finally, all my Orc's district is upgraded and I had some room for KPs... and needed some expansion for starting upgrading my buildings so... I started to try conquering some Provinces and... crashed...miserably...that I wasn't accostumed to. The sorceress are flying like mad walkiries and my troops aren't anymore playing first, even with dogs, the new archers are scarry...

So, like anyone, I supposed that effectively, they had boosted the fight system too far... I tried to change my troops pattern, I took back my dusty barbarian from the attic, I fed my dogs with shrooms and... finally, I won a battle, two, three...

At the end,
Okay, the fights are harder,
Okay, the fight system can be even more "irrelevant to lot of players",
Okay, I'm a chess player that not everyone is,
But I also must be honnest, their re-balancing of the battles is not putting encounters to a dead-end, we'll just have to have the patience to learn some new troop upgrade, to enlarge squad sizes and to test new troops combos... It's not impossible, it's just a new challenge.

So, I'm adding some factories to negotiate my encounters :p

DeletedUser

But I also must be honnest, their re-balancing of the battles is not putting encounters to a dead-end, we'll just have to have the patience to learn some new troop upgrade, to enlarge squad sizes and to test new troops combos... It's not impossible, it's just a new challenge.

So, I'm adding some factories to negotiate my encounters :p

Unless you have tons of room, you might want to save that space for your future dog factory :p

DeletedUser1498

Good to see the latest Guest Race arrive - move over Orcs and Goblins...... provide some space!! But I can not find the Training Grounds element of the Ch 2 Knowledge Tree..... is this to come in a future release??

DeletedUser1345

But I can not find the Training Grounds element of the Ch 2 Knowledge Tree..... is this to come in a future release??

Hit the Buildings icon at the bottom of your main screen ( it looks like a hammer/tools ), and then click the "Military" tab.
You should find the Training Grounds there, ready to be built.

DeletedUser1498

Got the Training Grounds now - it is already filled with KP so can build without spending KP- but on my other site I have spend the KPs to be able to build - hence the earlier confusion - doh!

Deleted User - 13667

The same still exist, advance players have difficulty expanding while new players hardly have to fight. The latest issue? the auto fight button seems mighty fine that is if you are not facing 1Player :2.5 AI units.:rolleyes:

Imaginary testing i would guess

DeletedUser363

Just as you get used to faster training times for troops, they get a bit longer again o_O

DeletedUser

Got the Training Grounds now - it is already filled with KP so can build without spending KP- but on my other site I have spend the KPs to be able to build - hence the earlier confusion - doh!
My Elf city has to do this tech but my Human city has it ready done although needs to do the tech in Chapter 3 for the mortar - as a point of interest, the training grounds only need 25 kp compared to the mortar tech of 40 kp.

I hate all these different fighting units, I don't want to fight, I want to build my city and never fight again! Please don't tell me that I can negotiate, if it was that simple then I wouldn't have built all the armories or levelled up my barracks - negotiating isn't the answer either.

DeletedUser363

There was one nice surprise when I moved something, I found that the update gave 10 more squares of space...before I get to the woodelves - got to put some expansions down, and have somewhere to build the training grounds :D

Deleted User - 106219

Cerberus II (Elves) and Mortar II (Humans) will be added in the next update (1.17). No news yet about the third promotion.

DeletedUser2113

Just to note that the cultural building that produce mana needs roads!