• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.150

sunrae

Soothsayer
I just had to refresh twice. Once going into my notifications and once going into the spire in Winyandor. I use Chrome on browser.
Edit - also froze several times in Arendyll, before going into trader and after.

Last edited:

Sir Derf

Adept
Two unrelated updates so it should be possible to remove some of one issue without affecting the other. Hopefully :)
Merging two versions is a different prospect requiring actual effort compared to just rolling back to an earlier version.

Do you really want a rush job with less Beta testing than usual?

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
So again i've passed these concerns across! As soon as I get any update on it i'll let you all know! :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Merging two versions is a different prospect requiring actual effort compared to just rolling back to an earlier version.

Do you really want a rush job with less Beta testing than usual?

I'll leave it up to them to decide, they know the best. All I can do is to suggest, no point in assuming what is going on internally.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Now on v1.150.2-(e9483ea) - html5 (2022-04-12 12:42)

Trader is still mega-busted!! :(:(:(

Except maybe for those players who report that they have no issues :oops:

SkyRider99

Mentor
The song remains the same.
Updating with my weekly cry of agony :(

Elvenar Version:
v1.150.3-(4cd2fa3) - html5 (2022-04-19 10:43)

PC Information:
* Windows-10

* AVG Secure Browser (Chrome-based) - Version 100.0.15794.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

and/or,

* Firefox 99.0.1 (64-bit)

Cleared cache, re-booted, re-started, re-login, re-scream-of-frustration. :mad:

Trader works for a couple of transactions, then locks up, goes mental, and freezes the game. This is a pretty dismal situation.

1650436228161.png

Laurelin

Sorcerer
I'm not seeing anything remotely as serious as some others here, but I do occasionally find that when I first open the Trader window, it just hangs indefinitely, with nothing showing in the Trader window but the window title, until I close and re-open the Trader, at which point it's fine. Even this trivial level of bugginess is, however, not typical at all for me, and it's happening at completely random intervals at all times of day and night, including anything from several times to never during any given session - which is hardly helpful information.

It may or may not be relevant that not only do I fully clear my browser tab cache (CTRL+F5) every single time the game first loads, to force a refresh of (e.g.) Event Currency drops and Manufactory/Workshop/KP Bar progress, but I also do the same at approximately 10-minute intervals during play simply due to the inherent tendency of all browser-based games to exhibit various instabilities/errors while sessions are running.

It also may not be directly relevant, but the chance that something else simultaneously loaded into another browser tab (at least in the case of Chrome) may be causing the Trader problem seems to be very low - based upon my own long-time habit of keeping permanently loaded, alongside Elvenar, over 450 (not a typo) other browser tabs, often for literally weeks at a time whether or not I close down Elvenar's tab, and with those tabs downloading almost every imaginable age, source, type, and HTML [and other] complexity (or otherwise) of online content, which seems to be having no effect at all... and I've been doing that since long before the present Trader problem appeared.

However, although my own Trader-related problem is very minor, and while for all I know the devs already have a handle on this anyway, I'll just add some more system info - somewhat haphazardly chosen since I have no idea how Elvenar's code actually works! - in case it may be helpful:

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) running on Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.40 GHz
DirectX 11
Chrome Version 100.0.4896.127 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Microsoft Security Essentials : Virus Definition Version 1.363.675.0 / Spyware Definition Version 1.363.675.0 / Component Package Version 1.0.1666
MalwareBytes Premium - Version 4.5.8.191 / Update Package Version 1.0.53913

Very little else of any consequence installed apart from Microsoft Office Suite, which will be irrelevant anyway, but it may be relevant that I've never installed anything much else on this (I know, I know, very old!) system apart from a few pretty old and stable games which aren't even browser-based.

Hope this may help in some way? This problem appears to be quite severe for some of us... :/

Jocular Jack

Dreamer
the glitch is not fixed, trades are scewy and game freezes all the time, been going on for far too long and is getting very frustrating having to reboot all the time, clearing cache does absolutely nothing , cant make trades properly and if i make a trade then the program freezes , and it doesnt matter what i am doing, starting or collecting manus or anything else :((((

SkyRider99

Mentor
My latest Trader spasm from today:

1650945391261.png

I know there are more serious problems in the real world. That is maybe one reason why people like to play Elvenar? Trader freezes are unlikeable though. :rolleyes:

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Much appreciated, @Herodite. While not all incoming news will be good news, at least knowing (a) that the devs are aware of the problem, and more importantly, (b) that they're working it, is all very valuable and reassuring news, even though in this particular instance I'm one of the lucky ones with only a minor and intermittent problem. And even a quick update from the horse's Dev Team's mouth along the lines of 'no news at all on that particular issue or question' is much better than Inno's more usual Wall Of Silence from that quarter, and so always much appreciated (well, quick to write, if not to obtain - I think most of us realise that the Elvenar devs are not just busy, but often, er, somewhat inscrutable when it comes to what they're actually up to...!).

We all appreciate you going that extra mile, I'm sure, since you're no doubt just as busy in your own Inno field, of course. Thank you very much :)

alsael

Enchanter
They will fix the problem eventually.Just be a little patience.When you add things to a game,it becomes more complex,more bugs to deal with. :)

kimkimkim

Summoner
I just wanted to give an update because although this has gone quiet....the situation is still occurring......all the issues mentioned are still happening......it's been so long that we are dealing with this that IMO we are starting to adjust to it, at least I know I am but I still want a fix!

SkyRider99

Mentor
I just wanted to give an update because although this has gone quiet....the situation is still occurring......all the issues mentioned are still happening......it's been so long that we are dealing with this that IMO we are starting to adjust to it, at least I know I am but I still want a fix!
I am glad you posted your update @kimkimkim. I thought about writing again, but it felt too much like banging my head against a wall.

The floggings will continue until morale improves!

kimkimkim

Summoner
can maybe a mod, @Herodite or anyone else, please confirm if the problem of freezing has been fixed.....I don't want to shoot myself in the foot but I have had no problems in the past couple of days......maybe some of the other players @SkyRider99 , @Hekata , @sunrae and anyone else that this was happening to, please maybe confirm if they are still having issues or if it looks to be fixed for you as well.....thank you :)

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Well Hello There! :D

Nothings being confirmed as resolved as far as I know. All I DO know is that they've been working tirelessly to get this sorted. It may be that they are getting very close to a resolution but aren't ready to make an official thumbs up as yet just in case things go awry again! I'll try to find out a bit more! :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.