• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.149

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the update to version 1.149.

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Sir Derf

Adept
Can the question be asked up the chain to find out if the "reduced memory usage" is a sideways reference to my observation/complaint about increasing delays in the new style Neighborly Help?

Sir Derf

Adept
By calling it a "reduced memory usage", I'm guessing that some list, instead of being refreshed after every NH, was being appended to. 350 entries grew to 700, 1050, etc. until at the end it was 122,500 entries long. If there was some attempt at sorting as it was being appended, well, there's your time suck.

But as the say, the proof of the pudding is in the tasting, and as I've already done my NH rounds today, we'll have to wait till tomorrow to find out if this does the trick.

SkyRider99

Mentor
I thought the reduced memory usage was referring to my retirement from the workforce. o_O

What was I talking about again?

Hekata

Artisan
When does the update kick in? My notification still has all the NH from the last 5 days.

Edit: I just got the update starting soon notification :)

Last edited:

Hekata

Artisan
Ok, I'm a bit confused now, I got the notification that the word's being updated and now that I can log in again I see no changes, all the notifications are still there :confused:

Hekata

Artisan
@Hekata The notifications SHOULD be more chronological with this update, so showing the most recent first...
From what I understand form the announcement both here and on beta it should show only the most recent NH from fellows and neighbours. People on beta reported seeing 60 pages of NH dropping to 20. I still have my initial 52 pages. Maybe I understood it wrong?

Alcaro

Necromancer
I still have 80+ pages.

EDIT - it took me a while but I checked all those pages and I still have all visits from all players in all 5 days.
The update doesn't work as intended. At least not yet.

Sir Derf

Adept
More testing need by me... I thought I was seeing an increase in delay, so I bailed after the above post, switched to the app for all but 5 provinces and came back to the browser. The last 5 provinces did not have massive delays. Maybe I should have gone longer to get more confirmation of delays...

Tomorrow, I'll go for at least half, looking for a gradual increase to at least 4 seconds delay, and then try varying forms of stopping and restarting the process.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Keep an eye on it @Sir Derf and let us know how your getting on. @Hekata it was my understanding that the Notifications would show the most recent, rather than duplicate/previous notifications from players... are you still seeing duplicates?

**Edit - I've just checked my own City and I can see Duplicate notifications myself (even after a cache clear). I've flagged it with the Team! :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Last edited:

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Guys! For those of you who still have duplicate/multiple player notifications post update, could you please send a Ticket through to Support! :)

**Edit: We have what we need now, so no more Tickets will be needed! :D

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Last edited:

OldHag

Necromancer
I'm not sure if this is related but it's happening since the latest update. Loading other cities has become incredibly slow, opening others aw is slow, adding kps is slow and I have 73 pages of nh visits. I'll send a ticket. :)

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hello My Forum Fiends!!

Just a brief update concerning the Notifications!!

So, there was a concern that when the update went through, it would wipe all notifications! Of course the Team did not want this so, whilst the system now recognises that it only needs to show the most recent player notification, it will do this incrementally. You should see your list of notifications go down over the coming days to the point where there will be no further multiple player entries! :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.