• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.141

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the update to version 1.141.

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Pauly7

Magus
What is the reason for actually stating that they think the alteration to the trader tabs is "amazing"? I find the new tab icons pointless, annoying, unrecognisable and one of the worst visual amendments Inno has decided to make. It's not a game breaker, but the change to these tabs now means that everyone has to just learn to remember which tab is in which position.

Gargon667

Mentor
Lol I thought the same, if they have to call it amazing themselves, then it probably is garbage lol.

The screenshot I saw looked exactly the opposite of intuitive, but anyway I will soon enough know what´s where, no matter how useless the icons are. At least I hope so ;)

Alcaro

Necromancer
Are terrible!!!! Brown on brown-ish background! Are they limited on a certain number of colors? The houses/ WS are blue, brown, maybe green, in ch. 18 are purple (thank you for the change). The menu is in all kind of brown shades. Really, be bold, show a bit of courage and use other colors, for god's sake!
For the size of the tabs, I assume more tabs will come in the future and need space for them.
The Icons ... mmmwell ... in Beta I have to click on some cuz rarely I get the one I want from the first try. :D

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Just a matter of getting used to it, it would not suprise me if they made it icons so they get room to introduce more tabs. icons use much less space than text.

Turing

Bard
Are the icons for "Place offer" and "Your offers" the right way round? The tab which lists the offers ("Your offers") has the + symbol on the icon. But the tab which adds an offer to the system ("Place offer") doesn't have the +, and is just a list icon. It looks like they were intended to be the other way round. If the current layout was the intention, it certainly isn't comprehensible - the icon with the "+" on it looks like the one which will add an offer to me.

Pauly7

Magus
Are the icons for "Place offer" and "Your offers" the right way round? The tab which lists the offers ("Your offers") has the + symbol on the icon. But the tab which adds an offer to the system ("Place offer") doesn't have the +, and is just a list icon. It looks like they were intended to be the other way round. If the current layout was the intention, it certainly isn't comprehensible - the icon with the "+" on it looks like the one which will add an offer to me.
It's been said before that they're the wrong way around. It doesn't matter too much anyway because I won't associate the picture of the newspaper (or whatever that's supposed to be) with wanting to see a list of my own trades. Much like the picture of someone about to lob a hand grenade doesn't make me think that's the page where all the offers will be. For me, as I say, it will just come down to remembering which tab is where because the pictures don't help.

Yes, it may be to create more space, but you could always have two rows of tabs.

OldHag

Necromancer
  • Tabs - The trader now has smaller tabs with icons instead of text, and they are amazing.
------------------

Do what?

They are very far from being amazing, they are god awful.
Why, oh why would you shrink the tabs and make them beyond ugly (even for an oldhag).

Nasty, nasty, nasty. I don't know what more I can say...........hmmmm well., I can always say NASTY!

Hekata

Artisan
The new Icons are just awful. They look like something picked from word clip art only much worse. Very disappointing from a game who's main draw is it's outstanding graphics.
Personally I'd like the tabs with text back and if they need space for more tabs they can make a second row like it's the case with pretty much any user friendly interface.

Alcaro

Necromancer
The new Icons are just awful. They look like something picked from word clip art only much worse. Very disappointing from a game who's main draw is it's outstanding graphics.
Personally I'd like the tabs with text back and if they need space for more tabs they can make a second row like it's the case with pretty much any user friendly interface.
I like this idea very very much. I prefer text too and having 2 rows shouldn't be that hard to implement.

Gargon667

Mentor
I think I really have to go login on the browser to see what all the discussion is about :D I guess it´s been a week or 3 since I last used the browser...