• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.134

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the update to version 1.134.

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

JCsk

Novice
Notifications do not work for me, even activating them everywhere.

Will version 1.135 fix my problem?

OldHag

Necromancer
Thanks for the update on the teleporting of evolving buildings. :)

OldHag

Necromancer
Now that they've discovered how to allow the teleport of evolving buildings, is there any thought towards being able to teleport AW's?

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
The issue with Teleporting Ancient Wonders is that any of their Bonuses would be immediately removed @OldHag.To give a basic example, if a Golden Abyss or Mountain Halls was teleported, players would likely suddenly find themselves in a negative population situation which would then make the game pretty unplayable. The only solution really to this would be do replace the same building back, which is a pointless exercise really.
So whilst it would be a nice addition, it is far more complex that teleporting the evolving buildings.

OldHag

Necromancer
The issue with Teleporting Ancient Wonders is that any of their Bonuses would be immediately removed @OldHag.To give a basic example, if a Golden Abyss or Mountain Halls was teleported, players would likely suddenly find themselves in a negative population situation which would then make the game pretty unplayable. The only solution really to this would be do replace the same building back, which is a pointless exercise really.
So whilst it would be a nice addition, it is far more complex that teleporting the evolving buildings.

------------------------
but that's the same for teleporting evolving buildings or any other building for that matter, you lose it's benefits unless it's placed in your city. I also think there would be better choices on what to teleport over your GA or thermal springs of youth (unless you can afford the drop in pop), but the choice would be the players and I think most players are smart enough to make the right choices for their city and playstyle.

I also think it would be a better option over choosing whether or not to delete aws, whether or not to progress past chapter 15 all in order to be able to play tournaments, which for a lot of people, is one of the most fun/crucial parts of the game.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I do not understand this proposition.

You could say that for any pop/culture building so that should never be the reason to not implement it.
On another forum they said the issue was how to store the KP and the players who supported it, but you could just get a warning screen that any KP progress would be lost, if a player deletes his/her wonder that progress would also be lost.

Pauly7

Magus
The real translation of this is that they're not going to allow us to teleport Ancient Wonders because it would allow people to manipulate the tournament formula by teleporting all their AWs away just before a tournament starts.

Wibbly Woo

Spellcaster
The real translation of this is that they're not going to allow us to teleport Ancient Wonders because it would allow people to manipulate the tournament formula by teleporting all their AWs away just before a tournament starts.
This, I suspect. So much this.

AW levels being a factor in so many other calculations makes it much harder to balance it sanely: if you remove the levels of teleported AWS, you get one problem. If you count the levels of AWs in the inventory, you get a different set of problems.

Or you just decide that AWs can’t be teleported, and you get a third set of problems, but one that players are already coping with today, so it is probably the safest and easiest.

I know which is the easiest and least disruptive approach here.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Thats not really a long term viable strategy, it's not that you get heaps of teleport spells each week.

It might be an interesting strategy for a specific week once in a blue moon tho.

Gargon667

Mentor

Another point that doesn´t make sense here: You do allow us to sell AWs without any problems ;) If I sell my the GA the population is lost for a much longer time than if I just teleported it :D

This is more likely closer to a real reason, but in the end it only shows again how horribly bad this tourney formula is...
And as @CrazyWizard says, it´s not like you can teleport 20 AWs every week (because you only get like 2 Teleports a week or so. So it´s either 2 per week or 20 once a cycle and that is only for those that don´t play FAs. So I see the chance for "mis-use" as rather small, and btw even this problem has been discussed before with rather simple solutions (like a cool-down for putting teleported AWs back into the game after teleporting them).

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Yeah I probably gave a lousy example with the Ancient wonders I chose at the time to cite for this.
As you can all no doubt appreciate the teleportation for these is far more complex that the teleportation of Evolving Buildings.
You are quite correct @CrazyWizard the issue of the contributors Knowledge Points is another factor in this situation as well as the ability to use this as @Pauly7 mentions as a way to manipulate the game considerably.

Paladestar

Enchanter
I'd like to be able to teleport my AWs during spires and tournaments! Save up all the goods and troops that I need beforehand, teleport my AWs and thus, stop being punished by the stupid squad size/catering size formula counting AW levels (please fix this).