• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.128

m4rt1n

Adept
I’m also very curious about the change in recipes. It’s weird that nobody have seen anything so far ...

Interesting. I have a (Woodelves) city with two library sets and doing at least 2 levels of Spire every week. Crafting in every cycle is something I definitely can’t afford, because I’m running low on spell fragments all the time. And CCs aren’t great either.

On the other hand my (Elvenar) city with three Library sets and 2 Spire floors each week is swimming in fragments and CCs and can craft whatever I want there.

I have to complete the spire weekly to keep 24/7 crafting going with one placed library set, however the Dragon Ark at level 6 now is improving the situation slightly now.

I am still curious to see what the new recipes are and how they work as nothing has changed for me.

Last edited:

Hekata

Artisan
On the other hand my (Elvenar) city with three Library sets and 2 Spire floors each week is swimming in fragments and CCs and can craft whatever I want there.
My city is also in Elvenar, I have 2 sets but I do 3 levels of the Spire each week so I guess that evens it out as I'm also swimming in SF.

@CrazyWizard maybe the amount of extra sets needed depends on what one means when they say they craft 24/7. I craft all the temporary military buildings, pet food, timeboosters, plus the occasional big supply instant and orc nest/ vallorian Valor/ orc strategist thing so that I can delete them during the FA. But if there is nothing I want then I don't craft anything.

m4rt1n

Adept
My city is also in Elvenar, I have 2 sets but I do 3 levels of the Spire each week so I guess that evens it out as I'm also swimming in SF.

@CrazyWizard maybe the amount of extra sets needed depends on what one means when they say they craft 24/7. I craft all the temporary military buildings, pet food, timeboosters, plus the occasional big supply instant and orc nest/ vallorian Valor/ orc strategist thing so that I can delete them during the FA. But if there is nothing I want then I don't craft anything.

I craft anything if nothing I want is available, to keep the chests turning for a chance of 500 diamonds, they can be very lucrative, had 2 500 diamonds in the last week.

Also now I have the Dragon Ark it adds extra for doing so and is my priority currently but has the downside of huge requirements for each upgrade.

Gargon667

Mentor
I am in the beginning of chapter 16 indefinitely.
I have 13 libraries running (unfortunately in the beginning of the spire I replaced them when moving through chapters or I´d have more), make CC 24/7 in the MA as well (except for FA weeks).
I craft 24/7 and flip the MA if there is nothing I like.
I have about 1 million SF and something like 700 CC waiting for next FAs Arane residue (was a bit too busy last week to use them all up)

CrazyWizard

Shaman

There is always a small timebooster to craft.

I craft all big timeboosters, combat buildings, petfood, and if none of those exist I make the small timebooster.
I do not make supply instants. and I am consistently a little bit short for as long as the new format with each type of recipe in it's own slot exists which is about a year or so?

I go to the top of the spire every single week and went from 200K spellfragments to I think I got 40K now or so, and thats including whacking buildings for event assignements.

Gargon667

Mentor
I craft all big timeboosters, combat buildings, petfood, and if none of those exist I make the small timebooster.
I do not make supply instants. and I am consistently a little bit short for as long as the new format with each type of recipe in it's own slot exists which is about a year or so?

Same here, except I also get all the big supply instants (50 and 100), while the smaller supplies rank around where the small time boosts are...

Pauly7

Magus
I have one library set and I never run short of spell fragments. I'm sitting on about 250k right now. It goes up a bit and goes down a bit.

My crafting habits are similar to @CrazyWizard, but I go through spells of not crafting the time instants at times when my CC stock is getting low (or run out - i.e. after an FA). There are other times, though, when I have a lot of CCs, that I craft the supplies instants too and occasionally coin rains and KPs.

rock stream

Scholar
I have run out of spell fragments (SF) while in the Spire. Is there something else that affects the availability of SF? How does a Chapter 4 player craft if they don't get SF in the Spire and don't have something that can't be got anymore? I was up to 20,000 SF in the early Chapters and have watched them shrink to >0 and remain that way.

rock stream

Scholar
I suspect there is an introduction period where SF flow freely. Craft 24/7 and SF inventory grows to 20,000. Once the honeymoon is over poof, doing the same thing, supplies go to >0. Selective crafting is only accomplished by constant disenchant of inventory due to the total lack of SF in the Spire. I do appreciate all the event buildings made to be disenchanted but I'm at the stage where I'm blowing up buildings that still have utility to my game.
Ironically, another fellowship member at a lower level has just complained about the SF famine that seemed to appear out of nowhere.
If I get 3,000 SF out of a level of the Spire I'll bake you a cake.
This isn't a news flash - https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/the-spire-when-to-quit.13515/

Last edited:

Alcaro

Necromancer
I can't understand how someone can go low on Spell fragments. I have so many buildings I won in previous events and I couldn't place them right away, then I moved on the next chapter, then next and so they become obsolete. Disenchanting them give lots of Spell fragments, nevermind the Spire who is sooooo generous on giving them :D

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I can't understand how someone can go low on Spell fragments. I have so many buildings I won in previous events and I couldn't place them right away, then I moved on the next chapter, then next and so they become obsolete. Disenchanting them give lots of Spell fragments, nevermind the Spire who is sooooo generous on giving them :D
Maybe because you no longer advance in chapters at the same rate as new players,
New players constantly need a new supply of buildings as they advance faster trough chapters than RRS can up there previous buildings.
There are also points where the game changes, think of mana and seed buildings. at those points many choose to change there POV to event buildings require them to get new ones to provide those goods.

Once you get in the end phase of the game your perception of things completely change. you no longer need buildings as you already got them and RRS can keep them up to date.
This is also the point where people start to complain events are boring as new buildings suck, since they already have everything they ever need.

Gargon667

Mentor
I suspect there is an introduction period where SF flow freely. Craft 24/7 and SF inventory grows to 20,000. Once the honeymoon is over poof, doing the same thing, supplies go to >0. Selective crafting is only accomplished by constant disenchant of inventory due to the total lack of SF in the Spire. I do appreciate all the event buildings made to be disenchanted but I'm at the stage where I'm blowing up buildings that still have utility to my game.
Ironically, another fellowship member at a lower level has just complained about the SF famine that seemed to appear out of nowhere.
If I get 3,000 SF out of a level of the Spire I'll bake you a cake.
This isn't a news flash - https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/the-spire-when-to-quit.13515/

You could play more tourney and disenchant all the silly EE and PoP enchantments :)

Get some of the biggest building next event and disenchant those.

You can even craft stuff that doesn´t cost SF (I think there are some recipes like that, hopefully they are disenchantable) and then disenchant it :p

Place some endless scrolls, if you have them from before the libraries disappeared.

If you have instant producing buildings, they produce tons of SF over time :)

Alcaro

Necromancer
Maybe because you no longer advance in chapters at the same rate as new players,
New players constantly need a new supply of buildings as they advance faster trough chapters than RRS can up there previous buildings.
There are also points where the game changes, think of mana and seed buildings. at those points many choose to change there POV to event buildings require them to get new ones to provide those goods.

Once you get in the end phase of the game your perception of things completely change. you no longer need buildings as you already got them and RRS can keep them up to date.
This is also the point where people start to complain events are boring as new buildings suck, since they already have everything they ever need.
Let's take a bit of look at what you said.
- you are partially right about new and end players. Yes, the new players will replace more often the event buildings rather than using teleport spells or Royal Restoration spells. They are replacing the buildings for different reasons (we do not discuss here the motives) but also not placing all what they get.
- indeed, you spotted well, I am an end player but the Spire didn't appear yesterday and definitely not the events. I think my very first event was when I was in ch.3 or 4 and ever since I always won buildings I couldn't build right away and waited too long until they were not interesting to place.
Even now I like/ want buildings from events and then dunno what to do with them. Should I mention also how many useless buildings we get in events type "shuffle board"? Or should I mention about countless Lampions or other trees which are the best candidates for disenchanting?
- Sometimes I complain about new buildings being lame, because they are! It's not my fault or anyone else (except devs) that the events became something boring, first because are too many that you can hardly call them "events" and second, because they bring buildings which are barely better than what you already have, sometimes from previous chapters. But because they are so bad and the improvement is so minuscule, also "end players" chose to replace event buildings. For example, I expect from a building giving seeds to see a real improvement. >>> 132 seeds/h in ch.17 to 138seeds/h in ch.18. is not an improvement and doesn't worth spending 12 RR on it. So, I choose to replace it instead of upgrading it and waste precious RRs.
We will never have everything we want :D because it's in us, the "hoomans" to want more and better (and faster if possible, thank you very much :D :D).

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Let's take a bit of look at what you said.
- you are partially right about new and end players. Yes, the new players will replace more often the event buildings rather than using teleport spells or Royal Restoration spells. They are replacing the buildings for different reasons (we do not discuss here the motives) but also not placing all what they get.
- indeed, you spotted well, I am an end player but the Spire didn't appear yesterday and definitely not the events. I think my very first event was when I was in ch.3 or 4 and ever since I always won buildings I couldn't build right away and waited too long until they were not interesting to place.
Even now I like/ want buildings from events and then dunno what to do with them. Should I mention also how many useless buildings we get in events type "shuffle board"?
I actually loved the 1x1 toilet buildings
If you do not need the building why would you grab it if there are so many other prizes to choose from,
I mean there are plenty of non-building prizes

also those tiny buildings give so little spell fragments :(
- Sometimes I complain about new buildings being lame, because they are! It's not my fault or anyone else (except devs) that the events became something boring, first because are too many that you can hardly call them "events" and second, because they bring buildings which are barely better than what you already have,
Pretty much confirming what I said. they became lame because you no longer advance.

If the buildings are somewhat similar between events (what is the case) then each chapter those events are awersome,
For most players thats 1-2 chapters between events, once you reach chapter 15 or so this slows down dramatically and thats where they become boring.
If from the first event untill today we had powercreep in each event we would now have 1x1 or 2x2 buildings that grand 25000 culture.
It's just part of no longer having that fast paced game because you are too advanced.

Alcaro

Necromancer
:D :D :D
no @CrazyWizard , I say are lame because they ARE lame!
Look, for example the cute 2x2 Mana Hut. In ch.15 are giving 10000 mana/ day. In ch.16 are giving 10400 mana/day. I would say that isn't a notable increasement of the production. From one side, that tiny difference doesn't worth spending 4RR, on the other side, there were no other buildings at that size giving that amount of mana to convince me to replace them. I can't remember when I got them (I think 2 years ago somewhere) and until ch.16 were better than any other event building (meaning that those dailies were worse than Mana Hut) and I kept upgrading them with RR. After that they nerfed the production but also didn't get something better in events. Are those new event buildings lame? Yes, they are with very few exceptions which I bet they regret to this day that they gave them to us.
P.S. I love Rainbow flower cages :D they have best ratio of pop+cult/ tile.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
:D :D :D
no @CrazyWizard , I say are lame because they ARE lame!
Look, for example the cute 2x2 Mana Hut. In ch.15 are giving 10000 mana/ day. In ch.16 are giving 10400 mana/day. I would say that isn't a notable increasement of the production. From one side, that tiny difference doesn't worth spending 4RR, on the other side, there were no other buildings at that size giving that amount of mana to convince me to replace them. I can't remember when I got them (I think 2 years ago somewhere) and until ch.16 were better than any other event building (meaning that those dailies were worse than Mana Hut) and I kept upgrading them with RR. After that they nerfed the production but also didn't get something better in events. Are those new event buildings lame? Yes, they are with very few exceptions which I bet they regret to this day that they gave them to us.
P.S. I love Rainbow flower cages :D they have best ratio of pop+cult/ tile.

yes they stifled mana in some chapters, but that has absolutele nothing to do with the prize itself, but with the low upgrade path in those chapters for mana.
Pop,culture and other goods do get a much bigger respective update.
Guess they think they gave away to much mana in the previous chapters.

Pauly7

Magus
Once you get to about chapter 15 most people have their Dragon Abbeys upgraded enough and enough of a collection of spells that no other source of mana needs to be considered... even though I still have some things knocking around like the Revellers' Fountain. By this point I could just bath in mana.

m4rt1n

Adept
Once you get to about chapter 15 most people have their Dragon Abbeys upgraded enough and enough of a collection of spells that no other source of mana needs to be considered... even though I still have some things knocking around like the Revellers' Fountain. By this point I could just bath in mana.

And that works very well until you open ch18 and continuously hit huge excessive mana requirements.

Spells are now running for up to a year on some buildings and have passed below 1000 so a rethink is on my mind as requirements are now becoming unsustainable for me currently.