• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Update Discussion Version 1.123

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the update to version 1.123.

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Pauly7

Magus
We're reverting parts of the changes we made to the handling of deleted messages recently. From this version on, a deleted group conversation no longer reappears in your inbox if any of the conversation partners send a new message. For conversations between two message partners, the messages continue to reappear.
What constitutes a "group conversation"? If I send a message to two recipients, is that regarded as a group?

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Exactly :)

Let's say that that the Archmage sends one message to four mages. All five people will have the message. Say now one of the mages erases the message, and another mage, sometime after, replies. All mages, plus the archmage, except the mage that deleted the message, will get a reply.

Gargon667

Mentor
As annoying as it is having to re-add people that accidentaly delete messages, this is still the smaller of two evils, so thanks for the change back :)

DeletedUser6472

I for one, disagree with the change to messaging system. We have a few FS threads that we keep and people sometimes delete them by mistake, there will be no way to fix it, only recreate the message thread, which is impossible. The same goes for KP exchange threads. I believe that it's much easier for a player to delete or ignore FS threads, than recreating them for someone who deleted them by mistake (which happens very often).

Pauly7

Magus
There are two distinct groups here. Half of the people hated that important message threads get randomly deleted and we have no way to tell who is getting subsequent replies to message threads. This half were vocal in complaining over the issue and then eventually, many months later, Inno said OK, and they changed it so that the deleted message threads come back.

Immediately having done that the other half of the people then complained because message threads come back that they have deleted... So Inno then immediately switched it back.

I agree @Regina8 i think the problem of having to restart threads with every message to make sure fellows see information is a much bigger problem so I'm left disappointed now. It's also strange that after months of campaigning to get one thing they then immediately reverted it as soon as they heard from the other party.

I can also see people's points when they say they don't want to delete swap threads 10 times a day, but there should be a better solution implemented. Why deliberate for months about making one change only to change it right back as soon as you hear from someone else?

As far as I can tell, the only reason for people objecting to the original change is when someone is in a fellowship using swap threads AND they are someone who doesn't want to use them. This is a certain percentage of the playing population. People that could be affected by the issue of not getting important messages that they need to get - 100%.

Hekata

Artisan
As someone who is in a FS that uses swap threads but don't participate in them I don't understand why anyone would be bothered that much by those notifications or even feel the need to delete them. It's usually just 4-6 threads and I know that about 95% of messages will be swaps. So I just check once or twice a day if there is something else and leave the swaps as they are.
However, this change where the messages don't come back when deleted can be a real problem during FA if someone accidentally deletes a FA thread. Although I do wonder how often people accidentally delete threads...? I have never done that but then I almost never delete messages, I don't see the point of it, the new ones are on the top anyway.
I guess one easy solution might be to have a warring/confirmation pop up message when we click to delete a thread.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
I am glad the one to one messages are revived when a new mail is added. I like to continue on old discussion mail threads. Many a time I have wondered if the other party deleted our message thread as they do not respond. Very annoying to always start a new mail thread where you could have continued with an old one.

I can see why swap threads may want to be deleted. I play on app and that means I only see the last 4 mail threads before having to scroll down. If the fs has many active kp threads, the top 4 will be those. As I do not take part in that, I ignore it. That unfortunately means that if important messages came in from another source, I will not see it as I would think notifications would be from the kp chains.

Gargon667

Mentor
I agree @Regina8 i think the problem of having to restart threads with every message to make sure fellows see information is a much bigger problem so I'm left disappointed now. It's also strange that after months of campaigning to get one thing they then immediately reverted it as soon as they heard from the other party.

I agree, I would not have expected this to happen. The only explanation I can come up with it that they must have gotten a lot of negative feedback about the change. With a lot I mean a lot more than the average background noise of negative comments they get for every change...

Also I personally have changed my opinion, I used to be annoyed by having to restart group mails occasionally, so i was happy when the change happened, but very quickly I found the change to be more annoying than the original problem lol, so now I am happy they changed it back. Kinda funny how it goes, but in this instance I am happy with Inno's decision :)

Pauly7

Magus
I agree, I would not have expected this to happen. The only explanation I can come up with it that they must have gotten a lot of negative feedback about the change. With a lot I mean a lot more than the average background noise of negative comments they get for every change...
So by that rationale, if we all make enough noise now then they should flip it right back next week.

Gargon667

Mentor
I wish they reverted tournament changes that fast, there was enough noise about that.

Interesting point, but even though it may seem like it here on the forum I think overall this is actually not the case.

Can I call it a fact in saying that most people have benefited from the change, while only an elite few have suffered? I certainly think so regarding the general tourney scores in the past half year. The Top 50 may have lower scores than before, but everybody else has far higher scores than ever before. By now more than 50 FS achieve 10 chests every week, when before less than half managed....
So in terms of numbers the "complainers" (me among them) will be very few. While people happy with the change will be the big majority. The little ruckus we make here on the forum hardly goes above background noise for Inno i would think, while I am sure they get far more positive than negative feedback on the tourneys overall. That is my reasoning why inno shows no interest whatsoever in fixing the broken tourney formula.

Pauly7

Magus
Can I call it a fact in saying that most people have benefited from the change, while only an elite few have suffered? I certainly think so regarding the general tourney scores in the past half year.
And in terms of the people complaining about messages being deleted and fellows not seeing further ones - that probably applies mostly to mages and archmages, which don't make up the majority of the players... even though they're representative of the majority.

FieryArien

Necromancer
App version 1.123.2. I didn’t see this in the release notes, so the additional “storage” icon on the top is absolutely amazing surprise. There’s like ... EVERYTHING! Of course Blueprints need special mentioning, as there was no way to check them in the app (except on special occasions in the MA). However, the rest is nice too. For example the need to scroll to the end of the inventory to check the number of RR spells is gone now!

B6E10D64-D6CC-4750-87CD-B8E1DDC00762.jpeg

Thank you!

EDIT: the count of the RR spells is wrong, it just shows 0 instead of the actual amount. But I selfishly reported it on beta, not here. :p

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
App version 1.123.2. I didn’t see this in the release notes, so the additional “storage” icon on the top is absolutely amazing surprise. There’s like ... EVERYTHING! Of course Blueprints need special mentioning, as there was no way to check them in the app (except on special occasions in the MA). However, the rest is nice too. For example the need to scroll to the end of the inventory to check the number of RR spells is gone now!

View attachment 5212

Thank you!

EDIT: the count of the RR spells is wrong, it just shows 0 instead of the actual amount. But I selfishly reported it on beta, not here. :p
That is good news! Not sure why they wouldn't have shouted about that.

Gargon667

Mentor
And in terms of the people complaining about messages being deleted and fellows not seeing further ones - that probably applies mostly to mages and archmages, which don't make up the majority of the players... even though they're representative of the majority.

Exactly AMs/mages are the one who have trouble with having to re-add people, while all the fellows have the trouble of messages coming back that they don´t want to have. That is why I assume there would have been more negative feedback than positive... but just a guess on my part...

Gargon667

Mentor

View attachment 5212

Thank you!

Seems like they added the guest race inventory from the browser and then reorganized both. Regular+sentient goods on one side and non-goods/guest race/crafting on the other side? I wonder if they intend the same upgrade of the guest race inventory for the browser?
But that is certainly useful information! They must have forgotten the announcement for this version?