• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.120

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the update to version 1.120.

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Pauly7

Magus
  • It is now possible to cast multiple Enchantments of the same type on the same building while the effect is still active. The Enchantments' effects are prolonged by the duration of a single Enchantment.
Thanks Inno for this... if it means what I think it means... That had been annoying me on mobile for a long time.

Gargon667

Mentor
Thanks Inno for this... if it means what I think it means... That had been annoying me on mobile for a long time.

guess next time I can make Tiaras on mobile lol :)

BlueBlou

Illusionist
guess next time I can make Tiaras on mobile lol :)
Need big mobile or thin fingers. No hiding behind fat finger excuses anymore. Lol

Don’t know if it was just me, but I could double cast an enchantment earlier with the sparkles showing longer on it than its neighbours. Definitely happened on my ws.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Ancient Wonders - When cancelling the construction of an Ancient Wonder while it is not connected to a street, all inserted Runes are now properly reinstated, so that it can be built again.
Sometimes, I want to generate rune shards from the rune wheel of a wonder I do not intend to build. Now, I can no longer cancel the build, but have to finish it to immediately tear it down. Waste of resources, terrible move.
More guidance was added to the build menu, to show which Manufactories should be considered for construction first. This is done by highlighting Manufactories producing Boosted Goods. Furthermore, a confirmation message was added for those trying to build Unboosted Manufactories.
This is really helpful for every new player. Would have been great if this was implemented 5 years ago. But hey, better late than never!

Gargon667

Mentor
Don’t know if it was just me, but I could double cast an enchantment earlier with the sparkles showing longer on it than its neighbours. Definitely happened on my ws.

You always could add another enchantment on top of the old one, you just had to leave and go back in. As I understand you now can do it without changing screen.

Giraffi

Enchanter
Not mentioned in the released notes, or I am just not spotting it, but I am very happy with getting tool refills (supply windfalls) instead of portal profits in the spire now. Much more beneficial for my chapter level. :)

B7CCFF17-2F61-4FA2-83A7-8F6A4B538039.jpeg

Gargon667

Mentor
Not mentioned in the released notes, or I am just not spotting it, but I am very happy with getting tool refills (supply windfalls) instead of portal profits in the spire now. Much more beneficial for my chapter level. :)

It sounds so familiar it may have been a previous update?

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I actually liked the limitation.
Made it a lot easier to not accedentely use multiple copies. Especially on small crowded area's.

Mobile is a small screen and fingers aren't as precice as a mouse. I rather would have a switch to swap between modes.

FieryArien

Necromancer
I actually liked the limitation.
Made it a lot easier to not accedentely use multiple copies. Especially on small crowded area's.

Mobile is a small screen and fingers aren't as precice as a mouse. I rather would have a switch to swap between modes.
Same here. I have trouble hitting the right workshop when they are placed in the row. The finished production indicator is placed off in many workshop levels and I tend to hit a neighboring workshop instead. The original implementation was preventing me from making that mistake.

Pauly7

Magus
At various times I will load up my culture buildings with about 20 or 30 EEs each. When it came to doing that, if I was on mobile it was very annoying. I could put one on each building, but then I'd need to go back and select the spell again. On PC I can use 100 EE spells in just a few seconds.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
At various times I will load up my culture buildings with about 20 or 30 EEs each. When it came to doing that, if I was on mobile it was very annoying. I could put one on each building, but then I'd need to go back and select the spell again. On PC I can use 100 EE spells in just a few seconds.

I think the difference is if you really need the dragon abbey mana yes or no.
I think in most general use cases the once per building version is the better option for the app.

Thats why I would really like a toggle options so you can choose which of the 2 options you would prefer.
because sometimes I also prefer the once option on the browser. there are plenty of cases where your goal is 1 on each building and that sometimes even goes wrong on the browser and it takes a lot of time and effort to not do it.
Plenty of times I have switched in the past to the app because it was soo much easier there than on the browser.

When it's not abbey spamming you would like to gave 1 spell on each workshop for example, anbd not 1 on 5 and 2 on 1 workshop.
Or when I like to "improve" my culture bonus I want to add 1 spell on each culture building and not a mix/match of 1 and 2 spells.

I think this would be considered "normal" play.
So I really do not understand this move, and I think therefore that it's a downgrade not an improvement.

Pauly7

Magus
I think the difference is if you really need the dragon abbey mana yes or no.
For me this isn't about mana. I keep my top 12 or so culture buildings permanently buffed and I tend to apply the EE spells so they're set for a month at a time. I realise the majority probably don't do it in this way and even for me, I suppose it is only a once per month annoyance.

ickyelf

Seeker
I'd say those are reasonable points of view from Paul, FieryArien and CrazyWizard regarding the change to be able to cast multiple enchantments on the same building in the app version.

It seems some of the keen, or focused, players will appreciate it, perhaps mainly for dropping multiple EE spells.

And equally some keen/ focused players will not like it as much due to the risk of inadvertently selecting the same building twice - workshops being a prime example.

I play predominantly on the app, and have just about trained myself to apply spells to the intended building only, so see this change as a small net positive, but not everyone will be in the same place.

Now, the app update hasn't reached the store here yet, so the big question from my perspective at this time is: do app players now have the ability to see when enchantments (PoP, EE, MM, and even IM) will expire?

Because if not, then I would wonder why developers chose to use their time to implement something that is either a small positive or small negative, to a relatively small (but still important!) part of the player base, and which the vast majority may never even notice, rather then dealing with one of the many shortcomings of the app version when compared to browser version, and which would potentially meet with a positive response across the board?

Underlined text edited.

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
Very diplomatic @ickyelf!

And equally some keen/ focused players will not like it as much due to the risk of inadvertently selecting the same building twice
Many of the people in the "keen/focussed" category would probably not regard it as a major risk anyway. I am sure it won't affect CrazyWiz badly if he accidentally used an extra EE spell. The ones at the biggest risk would be those players who only have a very small stock of spells that they have to use carefully. There's nothing to stop some people being in both categories though.

A solution may be to have a 1 second cool-down between spell usage. It's something they can do, because they use a similar method to stop people accidentally spending diamonds on KP donations.

Now, the app update hasn't reached the store here yet, so the big question from my perspective at this time is: do app players now have the ability to see when enchantments (PoP, EE, MM, and even IM) will expire?
It's a good question and this would no doubt be a more important development for the app.

ickyelf

Seeker
Thanks @Pauly7!

Agreed, it certainly wouldn't have any significant impact for some players. I 'wasted' a few enchantments on this today to check the current situation, and am not bothered either by that or the extra Mana it generated.

But others will see it differently, and that's fine too.

However. As this change seems to be liked a bit by some, and disliked a bit by some (and will probably be largely unnoticed by many!), it still begs the question as to why developers allocated resources to it rather than tackling a glaring weakness in the app version that's in the same part of the game.

Obviously there are a number of other very significant weaknesses in the app version as well. But those are outside the scope of this thread.

And on that basis, I suggest that it would not be worth implementing either a switch or even a cooldown to fix or 'tweak' this new feature, because the developer resources should be far better deployed elsewhere.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Very diplomatic @ickyelf!

Many of the people in the "keen/focussed" category would probably not regard it as a major risk anyway. I am sure it won't affect CrazyWiz badly if he accidentally used an extra EE spell. The ones at the biggest risk would be those players who only have a very small stock of spells that they have to use carefully. There's nothing to stop some people being in both categories though.

A solution may be to have a 1 second cool-down between spell usage. It's something they can do, because they use a similar method to stop people accidentally spending diamonds on KP donations.

It's a good question and this would no doubt be a more important development for the app.

it indeed won't affect me much, I got like 12K spells so 1 more or less doesn't really matter.
But I am not the average player.

Many people indeed do not have crazy stocks and do not get 100+ spells a week,
besides that it's also a great annoyance if your spells do not have the same end time / date.
but for a person with only 50-100 spells 1 or more misclicks can be more then annoying.

It's also annoying when your spells do not time out at the same time and you have parts working and parts not, this makes it a lot harder to determine when to use new spells at an optimised time.

Pauly7

Magus
My EE spells all finish at the same time. That's the point with the system. I track which my best culture buildings are, dump about 20 EE spells on each one, then come back and repeat when they run out.

I don't think you have more or less chance of knowing when they finish if you use 1 or 20.

ickyelf

Seeker
This update appeared in the app store here this morning.

The update description in the store was worthless, and certainly didn't mention the change to the way we can use enchantments.

Tested it. Yes, we can now use multiple EEs on the same building in the app without having to leave the screen.

And no, it doesn't show the end time for the enchantments.

Many people may have auto update switched on, and wouldn't notice a description of changes if it was provided in a meaningful way. Those that do look, also wouldn't be any the wiser. Nothing in-game, obviously.

Desperately poor communication by Inno.

And effectively this part of the update scores 1/10 from my perspective. Not good, not bad, but will be unnoticed by almost everyone except the few following this thread. Doesn't address the much bigger issue for app players on this aspect of the game. What a waste of development time.

It'd be like turning up to a year end review with nothing to present to demonstrate progress against the objectives set. And not even bothering to demonstrate that the off topic work done haad any value.
:rolleyes: